PDA

View Full Version : Invited to Join

Flatwater Falconer
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Hello Fellow Falconers,

Please allow me to cordially invite you to join the North American Falconers Association.

You may send me a message here if you have any questions. Also check out our excellent web site www.n-a-f-a.com (http://www.n-a-f-a.com) for detailed information about many topics. There's a downloadable membership form too.

I have been Corresponding Secretary now for about 1 1/2 years and have seen first hand the hard work and dedicated work that goes on literally every day for all of us.

North American Falconers Association is a fine association and one I am proud to belong to and proud to recommend.

Cheers,

oldguy
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I would love to join NAFA. I am a life member of the NRA and a member of Idaho Falconers Association.
Neither of these organizations required a resume, references or anything other than membership fees.

I asked the late Kent Christopher about this years ago and he said they were looking into changing their requirements.

Part of me resents having to name-drop and list my achievements to join.
I'm not much of a "joiner" but feel there is strength in numbers.

Change the restrictive entrance requirements and I will join NAFA.

Respectfully, Dan S. aka oldguy.

FredFogg
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I would love to join NAFA. I am a life member of the NRA and a member of Idaho Falconers Association.
Neither of these organizations required a resume, references or anything other than membership fees.

I asked the late Kent Christopher about this years ago and he said they were looking into changing their requirements.

Dan, you don't have to drop names or list achievements to join. If you look at the membership form (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Documents/NAFAAPPLICATIONINTERACTIVE.pdf), you will see that is says References can be one current NAFA member or 2 in your local falconry community. I don't think this is dropping names. It then says to provide a brief bio about yourself and your involvement in falconry. You don't have to put a complete bio about yourself, it does say brief. To be honest, I think all I put I was an apprentice falconer and had flown 2 red-tails and that was it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to plug that I am currently working on an online application for the NAFA website where you can fill it out and make payment through PayPal. You won't instantly become a member but the application and payment will be done online and then you will recieve an email when you are approved.

Eagle Owl
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree with Fred. It is very easy to join NAFA. I have signed applications for people that simply said they were pre-apprentices wanting to support NAFA. And their application was accepted. When I was doing registration for the 2008 NAFA Meet, I had people mail me their application along with their registration form. They included an envelope and I was happy to sign their application and mail it out for them. I think NAFA just wants to make sure there is at least some effort on the person's part to try and keep the antis out. Personally I think people use the reference thing as an excuse.

tking308
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I mailed my application and dues about a month ago. How much longer should I expect to wait before hearing something?

frootdog
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I mailed my application and dues about a month ago. How much longer should I expect to wait before hearing something?

Larry Dickerson explained the process at the recent THA Campout and picnic. The apps are collected and then monthly the board is presented with a list of names and asked if there are any objections. The members are then approved, so I would think you should be good any day now.

tking308
06-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks Krys

everetkhorton
06-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Todd:
Your application was sent to the board on June 1,2010 for approval. I will send out the New Membership packets on June 21, 2010.

tking308
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks Ev

everetkhorton
06-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Dan:
I guess the difference is that DU and NRA take any and all members. The NAFA board of director have to approve your application for membership. I guess it is a big deal for some.

hawkstir
06-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I really don't see why they need the reference signatures. Can they even check to tell if it's real? confuseddfrus)

FredFogg
06-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I really don't see why they need the reference signatures. Can they even check to tell if it's real? confuseddfrus)

Fred, I agree! I don't see any need to have someones signature. I think you should just have to write down two folks and their phone numbers that will vouch for you. That way, if needed, they could call your references. Hey, we have to give references all the time, giving 2 to join NAFA isn't going to kill anyone. But having their signatures isn't needed and I am going to see about having that changed because when I create the online membership application, how is anyone going to have someone else sign that? Duh! :D

frootdog
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM

Would this be considered "policy" that we could get changed (as steted in agenda 8.3 thread)or is it by-law related?

oldguy
06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I guess my problem is I don't want to bother folks who have been more than nice to me, let me go hawking with them, etc.
I am a situation where I don't know when I'll be getting a bird again, and I don't wish to be a nuisance. It's just me. There's a bit more to it, but nothing I want to go into here.

Eagle Owl
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I guess my problem is I don't want to bother folks who have been more than nice to me, let me go hawking with them, etc.
I am a situation where I don't know when I'll be getting a bird again, and I don't wish to be a nuisance. It's just me. There's a bit more to it, but nothing I want to go into here.

Well you wouldn't be bothering me, so if you want to send me your application, I will be happy to sign it and forward it to NAFA for you! I will even pay for the stamp to get it there!

rmayes100
06-11-2010, 09:13 PM
So where's the sales pitch? Thanks for the invite, but lets hear some more about what NAFA has to offer those of us who aren't members. A lot of the stuff on the website is pretty vague; NAFA's a big family blah blah... Let's hear what NAFA members have to say, it may be years before I have the time to attend a national meet sooo what else have you got (and yeh I know about the Journal and Hawk Chalk I've got a box full of them in my basement)?

Chappy
06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I would love to join, and if I knew two members of the falconry community personally, or my sponsor was a NAFA member, I would. There are only 13 of us in this state at the moment, of which I have met exactly 1 (my sponsor). The next closest is about 3 or 4 hours away, I believe. The whole point of my post is, from "the new guy" outlook who hasn't been in the community a long time, and the local community itself is so lean, it is pretty much an impossibility.

Could I coerce my sponsor to join? Yeah, I am a lot bigger than him after all, and I can be pretty persuasive (knuckle crack), but its not my place.

I am certainly not going to approach someone I don't know personally and haven't spent considerable time with to vouch for me on any application, nor do I think that would be the NAFA expectation.

I appreciate and understand the fact that NAFA wants to have the reins tight to keep the degenerates at arms length but, at least in my case, it keeps me at arms length as well.

FredFogg
06-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I would love to join, and if I knew two members of the falconry community personally, or my sponsor was a NAFA member, I would. There are only 13 of us in this state at the moment, of which I have met exactly 1 (my sponsor). The next closest is about 3 or 4 hours away, I believe. The whole point of my post is, from "the new guy" outlook who hasn't been in the community a long time, and the local community itself is so lean, it is pretty much an impossibility.

Could I coerce my sponsor to join? Yeah, I am a lot bigger than him after all, and I can be pretty persuasive (knuckle crack), but its not my place.

I am certainly not going to approach someone I don't know personally and haven't spent considerable time with to vouch for me on any application, nor do I think that would be the NAFA expectation.

I appreciate and understand the fact that NAFA wants to have the reins tight to keep the degenerates at arms length but, at least in my case, it keeps me at arms length as well.

Ok, Let me say this again! You do "NOT" have to have a NAFA member sign your application! The options are 1 NAFA member or 2 others that can vouch for you, they do not have to be falconers, they can be a falconer or someone in your conservation community, maybe a rehabber or someone like that. NAFA isn't strict about who you get to sign for you. Folks are making this application thing way more difficult than it is!

Here is exactly what it says on the application:

References may be either one current, regular member of NAFA or two persons who know you in your local falconry or conservation club community.

The key words there are "who know you in your local falconry or conservation club community", meaning that they know you as a falconer or about to become a falconer.

Dirthawking
06-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Again, it does not have to be a NAFA member just two falconers. But if you wish pm me and I will give you my address. Brandi and I will be more than happy to sign your application for you.

YARAK191
06-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Can my falconers friends chimp who knows sign languag.....Oh never mind!! Sorry fred u r so right how undifficult this little thing is n if u feel it is hard to do then ur probably going to b a pain in the ass anyway!!!!! Y does everything have to b a travestyfrus)

FredFogg
06-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Again, it does not have to be a NAFA member just two falconers. But if you wish pm me and I will give you my address. Brandi and I will be more than happy to sign your application for you.

It doesn't even have to be 2 falconers! Just 2 who know you as a falconer or to be falconer.

RLD
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey Chappy, i just became a member myself and would sign for you if you like. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Chappy
06-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Ryan, Mario, thanks for your offers, but I won't allow others to reference me that do not know me, and I wouldn't expect it from others. It affords too much opportunity to smear the name of the person doing the referencing. If any Tom, Dick, or Harry that doesn't even know the person they are providing refernces for, it defeats the purpose. Why even have references? I mean, they must not ever be checked.... Rich got in! Now that is truly a travesty! frus)

Fred, the language is somewhat ambiguous. I am college educated, even the valedictorian of my class, so I consider myself an educated individual. When I read "two persons who know you in your local falconry or conservation club community," it made me believe two people who are in your local falconry or conservation club community who know you, not people who aren't in falconry/conservation club community who know you are involved in falconry.

Anyhow, that's the reasoning for my misunderstanding, and I would say the likely culprit for confusion of others.

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 03:15 AM
Fred, the language is somewhat ambiguous. I am college educated, even the valedictorian of my class, so I consider myself an educated individual. When I read "two persons who know you in your local falconry or conservation club community," it made me believe two people who are in your local falconry or conservation club community who know you, not people who aren't in falconry/conservation club community who know you are involved in falconry.

Anyhow, that's the reasoning for my misunderstanding, and I would say the likely culprit for confusion of others.

Well Chappy, I too am a college graduate, wasn't valedictorian but I graduated summa cum laude. And according to my English classes, if you break down the sentence, "who know you in" isn't the same as "who are in". So I believe you are mistaken about the meaning of the sentence.

By the way, what college did you go to? I went to Concord College to play basketball my freshman year, but transferred to Fairmont State and got my Associate Degree there. I ended up getting my Bachelor's degree here in NC.

Dirthawking
06-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Yeah, well I went to the school of hard knocks and all I graduated with was a black eye! toungeout

Chappy
06-12-2010, 09:07 AM
If I ask you to reference two people who know you in your place of employment, you would probably expect to give two names of people who work with you at your employer not two people who know you work at the specific company but don't necessarily work there themselves.

My intent with my last post (and this one) is not to argue the point, but to explain my particular misunderstanding.

I went to Marshall, wife went to WVU, and to date we haven't killed each other.... yet. One of the boys I played HS football with went to Concord, but that was 15+ years ago.

Where are you in reference to Concord, NC? I have a sister down there I visit frequently. I will be driving through there in August, and will likely stop. If you're close, you should come out.

oldguy
06-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Can my falconers friends chimp who knows sign languag.....Oh never mind!! Sorry fred u r so right how undifficult this little thing is n if u feel it is hard to do then ur probably going to b a pain in the ass anyway!!!!! Y does everything have to b a travestyfrus)

Sir, you don't know me or my situation. I'm just someone trying to deal with a disability caused by an injury. It prevents me from working and doing things I used to take for granted. Falconry has to find a place in there somewhere.
If I understood your poorly worded insult, and the way it was written I'm not completely sure I did, I'd be a pain in the ass. That, if you read my post is what I don't want to be.
Having little blue haired ladies hold doors open for me and my service dog leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Members of Idaho Falconry Association were gracious enough to allow me to attend last winter's meet and dinner with Gus my Australian Sheperd at my side. I appreciate that more than I could tell them.

I do hope to join NAFA, but it will be when I can. I will wait until I can be an asset, not as you say a pain in the ass. If something about that kinks your drawers, that's too bad.

sharptail
06-12-2010, 01:50 PM
So where's the sales pitch? Thanks for the invite, but lets hear some more about what NAFA has to offer those of us who aren't members. A lot of the stuff on the website is pretty vague; NAFA's a big family blah blah... Let's hear what NAFA members have to say, it may be years before I have the time to attend a national meet sooo what else have you got (and yeh I know about the Journal and Hawk Chalk I've got a box full of them in my basement)?Hi Randy,
I think that this a great question, when viewed in the light of the 'civil war' that happened a few years back, between the 2 national falconry clubs. What am I refering too? That would be a topic in a couple of current threads here, having to do in part, with some of the things in NAFA agenda 8.3. The catch all topic there seems to have boiled down to private ownership of raptors, though in my mind, entales much more. It seems as though some falconers have failed to renew there membership in protest of the boards stance and the dividing line seems to run along, what could be considered the difference between liberal vs conservitive views on how the club is run and who will lead.

My view is that those who left over these issues are part of the valid voice of North American falconry and without them, the club moves politically ever farther in a liberal direction becoming less of a of an orginization that represent who the entire community really is.

In addition to this, NAFA long has been, and still is 'THE' voice of most of North American falconry history, that includes a huge list of accomplishments on all fronts to include science, conservation, art and literature. In short, NAFA was and still IS(mostly,at this point), north american falconry.

Dirthawking
06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Sir, you don't know me or my situation. I'm just someone trying to deal with a disability caused by an injury. It prevents me from working and doing things I used to take for granted. Falconry has to find a place in there somewhere.
If I understood your poorly worded insult, and the way it was written I'm not completely sure I did, I'd be a pain in the ass. That, if you read my post is what I don't want to be.
Having little blue haired ladies hold doors open for me and my service dog leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Members of Idaho Falconry Association were gracious enough to allow me to attend last winter's meet and dinner with Gus my Australian Sheperd at my side. I appreciate that more than I could tell them.

I do hope to join NAFA, but it will be when I can. I will wait until I can be an asset, not as you say a pain in the ass. If something about that kinks your drawers, that's too bad.

"Oldguy", I don't think he was talking to you, but to Fredfogg. I can only surmise that as we don't know who you are. It is common practice, and a rule around here, to sign your posts with your real first name. You can go to user cp in the top left side of your screen (in the blue bar on the far left) and have the system sign your posts automatically for you.

Again, I am sorry if you took offense to what the other person said, but I truely do not think he was refering to you.

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 04:16 PM
If I ask you to reference two people who know you in your place of employment, you would probably expect to give two names of people who work with you at your employer not two people who know you work at the specific company but don't necessarily work there themselves.

And the point I am trying to make is Yes, some folks would use 2 people they work with, but they don't have to. I have plenty of friends that know where I work and what kind of work I do, actually, probably better than some of the folks I work with. LOL

My intent with my last post (and this one) is not to argue the point, but to explain my particular misunderstanding.

I like to think we are discussing, not arguing! :D

I went to Marshall, wife went to WVU, and to date we haven't killed each other.... yet. One of the boys I played HS football with went to Concord, but that was 15+ years ago.

Well, I am a bit older than you, I went to Concord in 1978. :eek:

Where are you in reference to Concord, NC? I have a sister down there I visit frequently. I will be driving through there in August, and will likely stop. If you're close, you should come out.

If you look at any of my post, in the upper right hand corner, it tells you I am from Winston-Salem, NC. Winston-Salem is west of Concord, NC. So a bit out of your way unless you veered off of I-77 as soon as you get into NC on 74 and cross over to South 52, which runs right through Winston-Salem. You could then continue down 52 after visiting and hit I-85S which takes you down to Charlotte. Concord is just north of Charlotte. And better yet, come in November and bring your bird and we can go hunting. I have an extra bedroom, always love to have falconers come visit.

Dirthawking
06-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, I am a bit older than you, I went to Concord in 1978. :eek:

Damn you old Fred!!!

Does AARP even cover hunting accidents? confusedd

Chappy
06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
And the point I am trying to make is Yes, some folks would use 2 people they work with, but they don't have to. I have plenty of friends that know where I work and what kind of work I do, actually, probably better than some of the folks I work with. LOL

I now wholly understand it in the manner it is intended. It seems I am not the only one who misinterpreted the statement, however. How many people inferred the same and did not join may be purely conjecture, but
it would be interesting to know.

I like to think we are discussing, not arguing!

I do enjoy a good discussion! Especially when it is done intelligently, as it has here, without a vindictive or derogatory tone. Be forewarned however, Fred, I enjoy debating and intend to stick around the forums for quite some time. boxingg

Well, I am a bit older than you, I went to Concord in 1978.

Indeed, I was 2 then toungeout

If you look at any of my post, in the upper right hand corner, it tells you I am from Winston-Salem, NC. Winston-Salem is west of Concord, NC. So a bit out of your way unless you veered off of I-77 as soon as you get into NC on 74 and cross over to South 52, which runs right through Winston-Salem. You could then continue down 52 after visiting and hit I-85S which takes you down to Charlotte. Concord is just north of Charlotte. And better yet, come in November and bring your bird and we can go hunting. I have an extra bedroom, always love to have falconers come visit.

I knew you were from Winston-Salem, but where it was in relation to Concord was unbeknownst to me. I will definitely take you up on a hunt this winter, weather permitting, if you return the favor. I have access to lots of reclaimed mining property ripe with rabbits. If that's not enough to coerce you into doing the paperwork to bring your raptor into WV, then there is nothing that will.

YARAK191
06-12-2010, 07:43 PM
WOWpeaceeoLD GUY SORRY FOR BEING A SMART ASS. ITS JUST ME!
If u join an u decide its not for you no biggie. Its not a cult n its only a few dollars. No one is coming for u in the middle of the night!!(see smartass)
I hope u get back to hawking in no time. I cant imagine not hawking and its been only 2 years.
Too u college guys thanks for making me feel so low now im hurt so Im no longer going to b a member of NAFEX.. bye one n all fare well

Join NAFA!!!!

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I now wholly understand it in the manner it is intended. It seems I am not the only one who misinterpreted the statement, however. How many people inferred the same and did not join may be purely conjecture, but
it would be interesting to know.

Well, hopefully, I will have the online membership application and payment put on the website some time this year and that is one of the things I am hoping to discuss with NAFA about removing, the 2 people reference. Truthfully, I don't think it is needed but I really don't see where it is all that big a deal. But other than just listing 2 names, there is no way to get their signature online. We will see what happens!

I knew you were from Winston-Salem, but where it was in relation to Concord was unbeknownst to me. I will definitely take you up on a hunt this winter, weather permitting, if you return the favor. I have access to lots of reclaimed mining property ripe with rabbits. If that's not enough to coerce you into doing the paperwork to bring your raptor into WV, then there is nothing that will.

Here you go! Red star is Concord. Winston-Salem is north east!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/WStoConcord.jpg

But not sure about all that stuff needed to hunt in WV, so I might pass on that! LOL My sister lives in Parkersburg and I don't even take my birds up there because of all the paperwork and hassle.

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Hey, just ignore Rich! He is a good guy, just too much caffine and pent up energy! LOL toungeout:D Sorry about your diability caused by an injury, that isn't something any of us would want. I hope you can get back to hawking in some way shape or form as I know it is tough not to get out there when you want to.

Oh yeah, you sound like a great guy, but we don't know what to call you. If you click on User CP in the upper left hand corner, you can go into your Edit Signature and put your first name and whatever else you want and it will post it at the end of each of your post so you don't have to do it. It keeps things friendly by knowing folks first name.

YARAK191
06-12-2010, 08:09 PM
THATS SO FUNNY FRED IM DRINKING A CUP OF COFFEE AS I TYPED!!!!U r GOOD.:D

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
THATS SO FUNNY FRED IM DRINKING A CUP OF COFFEE AS I TYPED!!!!U r GOOD.:D

Rich, you should know by know my psychic ability doesn't only relate to hawks! :eek: toungeout :D

Eagle Owl
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, hopefully, I will have the online membership application and payment put on the website some time this year and that is one of the things I am hoping to discuss with NAFA about removing, the 2 people reference. Truthfully, I don't think it is needed but I really don't see where it is all that big a deal. But other than just listing 2 names, there is no way to get their signature online. We will see what happens!

Fred, I have requested from the NAFA board the reason why the references/signatures are required. I was asked to allow for a couple of days for a response, so as soon as I hear back I will post it here. That way we will have NAFA's official reason for this requirement. At that point, if there are people that still do not agree with needing references, or at least would like to see the signatures removed from the application, we can go to our Directors and ask that this be put on the next Agenda so it can be discussed at the next Board meeting.

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Fred, I have requested from the NAFA board the reason why the references/signatures are required. I was asked to allow for a couple of days for a response, so as soon as I hear back I will post it here. That way we will have NAFA's official reason for this requirement. At that point, if there are people that still do not agree with needing references, or at least would like to see the signatures removed from the application, we can go to our Directors and ask that this be put on the next Agenda so it can be discussed at the next Board meeting.

Brandi, I can pretty much tell you what they are going to say. The 2 signatures are supposed to be a way to keep PETA or some other organization from having a mass of folks joining and over taking NAFA. Personally, I don't buy it because each director is supposed to check out each person applying in their region. It only takes a phone call or a couple emails. And I don't want to hear that a director can't check out each applicant. Let's face it, there aren't 100's of folks applying to join each month.

Dirthawking
06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Ya know....this is a falconry organization. If only licensed falconers could vote, it would not matter if lots of peta people joined. Would just mean more money in the coffers. http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/thumbup2.gif

Eagle Owl
06-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Brandi, I can pretty much tell you what they are going to say. The 2 signatures are supposed to be a way to keep PETA or some other organization from having a mass of folks joining and over taking NAFA. Personally, I don't buy it because each director is supposed to check out each person applying in their region. It only takes a phone call or a couple emails. And I don't want to hear that a director can't check out each applicant. Let's face it, there aren't 100's of folks joining each month.

Fred, I am sure that will be the reason, and it is the reason I have given to people. But instead of speculating, we can have their official position. At that point we can formulate a response and present the reasons for getting that requirement dropped to our directors. If we are all on the same page and there are lots of us giving valid reasons as to why their position is invalid, it will give us more credence. That is my hope anyway! ;)

FredFogg
06-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Ya know....this is a falconry organization. If only licensed falconers could vote, it would not matter if lots of peta people joined. Would just mean more money in the coffers. http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/thumbup2.gif

thumbsuppthumbsuppthumbsupppeacee

jfseaman
06-13-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't recall falconry license number as a requirement for any portion of membership. If this were maintained in the database, with possible verification, it would be more accurate than 2 signatures.

If they can't influence the organization, I'll take PETA's money in attempts to infiltrate all day (;) not really)

Eagle Owl
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't recall falconry license number as a requirement for any portion of membership. If this were maintained in the database, with possible verification, it would be more accurate than 2 signatures.

If they can't influence the organization, I'll take PETA's money in attempts to infiltrate all day (;) not really)

Fred,

There is a place for your state and falconry permit # on the membership form. ;)

Eagle Owl
06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
OK, so I received a response from CD Danny Pickens on the signature requirements. This is his response to me (reprinted with his permission). So if any of you would like for this to change, I suggest you contact your directors and ask them to put this on the agenda and give your reason's as to why it should change. ;)

The best I can tell this came about years ago as a way to keep the "anti's" out of the club in the aftermath of operation falcon. The only thing the by-laws say is: (my highlights)

Section 2. Admission to Membership.

a. Admission to all categories of Membership shall be within the discretion of the Board of Directors. For the admission of any person or organization to Membership, a concurrence of seven of the 10 Directors shall be required.

b. Applicants for Regular, Associate, and Affiliated Membership shall, prior to acceptance, submit a Membership application in a form to be determined by the Board of Directors, and shall tender current dues. The application form shall include the applicant's mailing address, which shall be used for all purposes.

It appears that at some point the Board decided to include the references on the form. This is something that has been discussed by the board before and soemthing that some board members would like to see elminated. However, as is usually the case there are board members who feel the references are an important part of the screening process.

Chad L.
06-15-2010, 01:23 AM

What about me? will you sign my application if you didn't know me? if you both would what is the point?
I went and became a member of PETA (I'm now a part of their "action team") no kidding, and i didn't have to get two signatures to do it. So now i can infiltrate their ranks and take them down!
Or wait, maybe I'm just one guy that couldn't climb higher on the PETA ladder than the elk killing, deer slaying, hawk flying every other creature that god provided me eating person that i am.

Eagle Owl
06-15-2010, 02:58 AM
What about me? will you sign my application if you didn't know me? if you both would what is the point?

Chad, if I am a top member of PETA and I have my 2 buddies from my conservation group sign for me what is the point anyway? I have offered to sign applications for people on here and people that I have corresponded with through e-mail, etc., because I think joining NAFA is important. So if someone needs a little help getting that signature, than I am gonna offer.

I have voiced my opinion on this matter to my director, and I encourage others to do the same if they want the requirements changed. Especially if the application goes online, like Fred said a few days ago, signatures would be impossible. I feel that if you are a permitted falconer, then that should be signature enough. If you are not a falconer, then who the heck cares if we get your money. As long as only those with current permits are allowed to vote, who cares if all of PETA joins NAFA? Just more money for NAFA to do what it was intended to do...protect falconry!!!