PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from London

sketch230
02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys,
a quick hello to all on NAFEX. I'm based in London UK and don't have any birds of my own but I'm very interested in BOP. Spent 7 months working with 2EEOs, a Bengal, a Tawny, a Barny and a Snowy. Also had 2 Harris's, 2 Redtails, a Saker, a Lugger and a Common Buzzard.
I'm a real owl fan and found this site through a link on the International Falconry Forum. I'll do a little reading up on this site before posting anything but look forward to sharing some of your experiences.
All the Best, Sketch

everetkhorton
02-25-2010, 11:34 PM
(welc)Sketch! As you can see there is a owl section on this forum.
I see you must be a cat person also.

sketch230
02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
(welc)Sketch! As you can see there is a owl section on this forum.
I see you must be a cat person also.

Hi Everet,
yeah man, I've got two (the female Mati is my avatar). I delivered them on my bed 11 years ago. Seem to get some stick from falconers about it. They seem to think I'm hoarding foodstocks meant for their birdstoungeout.

Are pro or anti cats?.............Best Wishes, Sketch

Gregg Hake
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Welcome, Sketch! Nice to see more international representation...

everetkhorton
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi Everet,
yeah man, I've got two (the female Mati is my avatar). I delivered them on my bed 11 years ago. Seem to get some stick from falconers about it. They seem to think I'm hoarding foodstocks meant for their birdstoungeout.

Sketch:
I have no problem with cat, IF kept inside! Farel

everetkhorton
02-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Everet,

Sketch:
I have no problem with cats as long as they are kept inside. Now wild cats things are different. They carry a great many diseases in there mouth and if they bite a BOP it can kill them in a real short time. We pay millions of dollars to protect small bird, but people think it is ok for cats to kill them.
So wild cats outside, they are far game. But like most things people are the problem. IMO