PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from Brazil!

Diegovog
03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey everyone,

My name is Diego, 23 years old and I'm from Brazil! But I learned about falconry in Canada, where I experienced hunting, doing bird control, performed daily display shows, breeding and of course, the daily management of the birds and the center.

Now that I'm back to Brazil, I hope to continue to exchange information and learn from falconers in North America. I do believe that we have some promising birds (not only the ones in bikini :D), but falconry (generally speaking) is amateur here.

Oh, and I'm also considering traveling again to do some falconry work abroad, specially display. And I'm not even worried about the money, I'm all in for the experience and the fun of it! So if you have an opportunity, don't forget to drop em a pm and we can chat a little, it could be worth it ;)

Cheers!

tony123abc
03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
(welc)

everetkhorton
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
(welc) Diego! Have fun and let us know how you make out.

Chris L.
03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Diego

Welcome to NAFEX. I hope you enjoy the forum. Please do not hesitate to ask questions

Again Welcome

Chris

Diegovog
03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
(welc) Diego! Have fun and let us know how you make out.
Will sure do :)

Gregg Hake
03-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Oi, Diego! Tudo joia? Good to see some interest from Brazil. A good friend of mine (the goalie from my soccer team in university) lived in Sao Paulo for a while and we talked a lot about Brazil. I am a new falconer in Georgia, USA. Welcome!

rrcoati
03-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Eu so um Paulista. Well its been 30 years. Lived in Sao Paulo for 10 years, my first ten years. Wellcome.

thunderheartiii
03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX.

Diegovog
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Oi, Diego! Tudo joia? Good to see some interest from Brazil. A good friend of mine (the goalie from my soccer team in university) lived in Sao Paulo for a while and we talked a lot about Brazil. I am a new falconer in Georgia, USA. Welcome!
I see you remember some portuguese. Meeting a brazillian in the soccer field, why I'm not surprised? ;)

Eu so um Paulista. Well its been 30 years. Lived in Sao Paulo for 10 years, my first ten years. Wellcome.
I'm Paulista as well! Have good memories from here? Or just a crowded place with an awful lot of traffic? lol

rrcoati
03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Diego I have great memories. We lived near Paquembu Stadium. Have very fond memories of Brasil, Santos, Guaruja. Back in the 60's all the papagaios and macacos in the pet shop I used to spend hours and hours in there.

Went to Jardin Escola de Soa Paulo then Graded the American school

sorry about my spellling

frootdog
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Diego I have great memories. We lived near Paquembu Stadium. Have very fond memories of Brasil, Santos, Guaruja. Back in the 60's all the papagaios and macacos in the pet shop I used to spend hours and hours in there.

Went to Jardin Escola de Soa Paulo then Graded the American school

sorry about my spellling

Dude what haven't you done?:D

rrcoati
03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Twins:eek:

As a kid of immigrants I have been lots of places, but I would give all that up to have started hawking in my teens,twenties or even thirties.

Diegovog
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM
You can still buy some monkeys called "saguis" in pet shops, but very expensive tho.

I do live nearby Pacaembu Stadium, my neighborhood is called Perdizes, does it ring any bell?

rrcoati
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
No it doesn't ring a bell. Sagui a marmostes cost a pretty penny here too. I remember as there was a house next to Ibirapuera that had a capuchin called chiquino. When we came to the states we brought our Loro and arara with us.

I used to go to the Prasa Republica and buy the skins from the indians, I was 6 or 7.

If your ever in Texas drop me a line Bicho

Diegovog
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Will sure do, thanks for the invitation mate.

What bird or birds you've been flying?

rrcoati
03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Passage Female RT and 09 Gyr/Pere

YARAK28
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi guys
i remember when i went to sao paulo,i went to a zoo there and saw some of my favorite birds. Deigo do you know if there any one breeding ornates there or black hawkeagle?

Thanks
sean garcia

Diegovog
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey mate, indeed the Sao Paulo Zoo is about the 4th biggest zoo in the world.

In this very zoo they have a recent program for breeding Ornated Hawks. This is tricky tho, they can only swap ornated babies with other zoos, therefore you would have to be zoo credited. And I guarantee you will have headache dealing with CITES exporting permit from Brazil's side.

I have some friends in there. If you are seriously interested and understand the bureaucracy pm me and I could try to help.

They do have other breeding programs as well.

YARAK28
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks deigo
i will pm you later