PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi, Keesler AFB

l0keman
03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Hello all. My name is JW and I am stationed at Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. I am looking to gather some information on falconry so I can determine if it's something I would like to do. I would really like to meet up with some people close by and maybe watch a hunt or meet a bird. Please let me know if you are able to help me out. Thanks folks.

everetkhorton
03-10-2010, 10:12 PM
(welc) JW. There is a lot of good information on this site. I am sure someone will charm in there soon.

atcfalconry
03-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Welcome JW i was at keesler back in 95 for Air traffic. Had a blast fishing and thought spanish moss was only seen on scooby doo!!! Did not know that stuff was real.

Mitchellbrad
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
My wife and I went through the same school in '69. Survived Camille and saw plenty of passage tundra falcons on Dauphin Island in AL

Dakota
03-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I flew a Harris Hawk when I was in the Air Force, caught a lot of Rabbits at the bomb dump on base.

fkeefe

greapre
03-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Hello all. My name is JW and I am stationed at Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. I am looking to gather some information on falconry so I can determine if it's something I would like to do. I would really like to meet up with some people close by and maybe watch a hunt or meet a bird. Please let me know if you are able to help me out. Thanks folks.

Howdy!

I'm also planning on looking in to Falconry when I get back to Keesler after this deployment. The closest club I was able to find is about half an hour from base: Mississippi Falconers Association, 10229 RD 308, Pass Christian, MS 39571

Hope it helps!

cnoel08
03-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Welcome.The Central Ms. Hawking club (http://www.cmshc.net/) is in your general area.
Anyway if you havnt had any luck meeting with people by next season (september-ish) then look me up, im in Memphis Tn. and my sponsor and another falconer or two are in N. Ms.