PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

qtrhorse89
03-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Hello all

My name's Kim. I live in North Carolina. I'm 20 and currently in college studying zoology. I've always had a mild interest in falconry growing up but recently decided to get more involved. I can't keep a bird right now but I'm aiming for fall 2011. I graduate that May and then i'm moving home to go to grad school. I'll have a nice back yard, plenty of space to build a mews, and plenty of land to hunt. I'm looking forward to it. In the meantime I'll probably read whatever I can get my hands on and I plan to hunt with some great folks I recently met next season.

I currently live in an apartment with my cat, fish, and two ferrets. I also own a 4 year old paint horse who lives with my aunt at the moment. I have grand plans about being able to hunt off horse back but we'll see. lol It may turn into a rodeo more than anything else. The ferrets are just pets and the thought of using them to hunt makes me laugh. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if their food bowls didn't magically refill themselves at night lol. Suppose that's all for now. This seems like a great place. It'll be nice to meet some new people.

hawkerev
03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Kimberly

You may already have this info, but here is the NC Falconers Guild webpage http://www.ncfalconersguild.org/ .

We you at the Lillington meet taking lots of pics ?

Chris L.
03-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi Kimberly!

Welcome to NAFEX. I hope the forum is helpfull in your quest to become a falconer. Good luck in school and with falconry

all the best

chris

qtrhorse89
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Brent,

Already read everything on the site lol. Need to mail in my membership application today so hopefully I will be at the meet. I met Chip and some of the others at the Dixie Deer Clasic and have been talking to Chip since then.

See you around
Kim

thunderheartiii
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX.

everetkhorton
03-20-2010, 01:01 PM
(welc) Kimberly!