PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MN! Looking for help...

OpenTheGait
03-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Is there anyone in northern minnesota who could help me get started in falconry? helpp Or someone who I could join on a hunt just to get more familiar with it? Thanks! I appreciate any help. :)

Scott L
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Have you checked with the Minnesota Falconry Associtation?

Welcome to the forum.

OpenTheGait
03-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Ive gone to their website, but there doesnt seem to be an easy way to connect with members. I will email the association if I cant find anyone here. There is also a dinner planned for next weekend that I can't make it to.

harrishawk_79
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
welcome to the forums

Chris L.
03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Please sign all of your posts with at least your first name. The easiest thing to do is put it in your signature.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, you are more apt to get helpful answers if we know who you are

thanks

Chris

Lowachi
03-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Ive gone to their website, but there doesnt seem to be an easy way to connect with members. I will email the association if I cant find anyone here. There is also a dinner planned for next weekend that I can't make it to.
A couple on here...ya should try harder for the dinner, an excellent mixer! You can stand a day from work! He**, I've given up a couple to attend:D.(probably more times than they'd like:D) They are a tolerant bunchamennn If they don't respond, PM me & I'll setcha up !!!!

outhawkn
03-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Where exactly do you live in northern Minnesota?

ukroper
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
''They are a tolerant bunch''

Yep;):D:D:D

Tasha55403
03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Lol, most of us are fairly friendly, anyways :) Unfortunately, you're too late for hunting this season (hunting season goes from Sep1-Feb28). I would send that email, you should get a response fairly quickly. There are a few falconers up north, but it depends on where you are. There are some in Duluth area, then some more around Little Falls, I know. Your best bet to meet people is to come to a MFA meeting. I'm not sure when the next one is after the Game Dinner though...

citabria
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
I too am from MN. Grew up in and started my falconry in Duluth but now live in south central/western MN. I think we will have a May meeting. I was thinking of doing the necropsy/post mortem/anatomy training during that meeting.

Roper
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Jill r u also ordering in Pizza with all kinds of toppings and hot melted cheese to go with that meeting ..

citabria
03-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Heck it is a daily occurance for me to be eating lunch with one hand and posting a pig with the othertoungeout

Come on you sissy, a little blood and guts meerly stimulates the immune system

Tasha55403
03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Cool :) I like having meetings every month. It makes it easy to remember. Did you want everyone to bring their own quail? :D

outhawkn
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Interesting thread...all thats missing is the thread originator.toungeout

OpenTheGait
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Interesting thread...all thats missing is the thread originator.toungeout
Well you should expect me to be missing if you are going to talk about blood and guts for supper at your next meeting!:eek: j/k I worked for a veterinarian for a while and that stuff doesnt bother me.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I won't be replying too often because I don't have internet at home. Which, since you asked, is in Hibbing. Thats too bad that the hunting season is over. I don't understand, is it regulated? Wild birds eat all year long, why not hunt in the summer? Ill think about going to the dinner...

-Joanne

outhawkn
04-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Well you should expect me to be missing if you are going to talk about blood and guts for supper at your next meeting!:eek: j/k I worked for a veterinarian for a while and that stuff doesnt bother me.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I won't be replying too often because I don't have internet at home. Which, since you asked, is in Hibbing. Thats too bad that the hunting season is over. I don't understand, is it regulated? Wild birds eat all year long, why not hunt in the summer? Ill think about going to the dinner...

-Joanne

send me an email" outhawkn@netzero.net

Tasha55403
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM

-Joanne
Lol, it's the most regulated sport in existence. Here's a link to the MN DNR's falconry page-it has the current regs (they'll be changing in the next year or two) and some other info of use.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/eco/nongame/falconry/index.html