View Full Version : Movement thru Canada with MRT

Tom Scheib
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I live in NW WI and my MRT has been traveling with me since mid Jan, down to FL and back up the east coast. I'd like to travel back to NW WI from my current location near Buffalo NY, into Ontario Canada and around the northern shores of both Lake Huron and Lake Superior and re-enter the US in MN at Pigeon River.

Does anyone know what I need [permits] to enter Canada as a tourist with my bird. I have a health certificate from the U of MN Raptor Center issued in late Jan 2010 and my Fed & WI permits, as well as my Passport. http://www.nafex.net//images/icons/icon5.gif


04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Here's what NAFA has about it:


04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Going to need to apply for a temp CITIS permit. Usually takes between 6-8 weeks for permit. Then you must have a current health cert. 30 days or less? Then you must line up a specific agent to meet you at the border to verify the crossing. I believe it's $100 each way. $100 when you cross and then $100 when you come back? Might be easyer to eat dinner at the White House?
Good Luck.... Jeremy

Tom Scheib
04-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks Paul, Jeremy,

I guess I'll keep it simple and continue to spend my greenbacks along Ike's I-90/I-80/I-94.