PDA

View Full Version : seeking volunteer work in NY

orientalis
05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
To whom it may concern.

My name is Sang Park. I am 31 years old ,and I live in Seoul Korea.
I am writing to seek for a volunteer opportunity in Newyork Mahattan working with raptors ,and I have specific interest in getting involved with reintroduction of peregrine falcons in the city.

I work for an investment company through the week days ,and work up in Chulwon (near the border) as a volunteer on the weekends mainly with injured raptors.
I went to schools in the UK from middle school to 2nd year of university majoring landscape architecture. I have trained variety of raptors for falconry purposes throughout the time I was there for 11 years including lanner falcon,harris's hawk,red tailed hawk,ferruginous hawk etc.
I have been practicing falconry since I was a boy started with Korean traditional style taught by the national treasure for falconry who passed away few years ago then he was the only official falconer in Korea. I have good number of years of experience with wild raptors both falconry,and rehabilitation.

there are only handful of wild life rescue centres ,and non of them run a rehabilitating program. the centre I work with is the only place with qualified veterinary surgeon for wild animals ,but we are one of the least supported centre , we try to stay away from political activities ,that could spoil our philosophy. we follow our own studied,and believed programs,not for the media to draw an attention to get convenient support.

I have stared to train unrealisable raptors for educational display work its our new program ,also a part of our new plan to raise donations. Koreans in general do not pay much attentions to environmental ,nature ,wildlife issues even the government isn't keen to support those. It will not be easy ,but I have a faith it will be rewarding.

I am going to Newyork Manhattan late May to visit my sister who is a student ,also to do some research for my family business I have scheduled my stay until mid August.
Could you kindly guide me to suitable direction?

Yours sincerely

Sang Park.