PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Maine

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Hello to all! This looks like and excellent forum and I am just beginning to explore it. I've been a falconer since 1981 and have flown a few longwings although I am a dirt-hawker at heart and an accipiter lover to the core.

I just moved to Maine this last spring and just got my facilities inspected...now waiting for Fed. permit so I can go trapping this fall. I had a couple of rough seasons the last year or two which were rudely interrupted by real life (divorce, job changes, three different moves, etc.) but I believe things have settled to a nice stable place.

Glad to be here and I look forward to all the info exchange and learning I see here! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Saluqi
09-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey Bryant,

Welcome, this is Paul Domski, glad to see you here.

Do you still have your gos? I got a new female this summer and am busy flying her.

Paul

KidK
09-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey Bryant!

Glad to see you here. This IS a great place to hang out. Lots of top knotch information and good folks. Looking forward to you sharing.

BTW, Bryant's website is www.hawkhillhoods.com He is an excellent hood maker, and in great company here with all the other skilled hood makers on this list.

Here is a shot of the man himself, with his eyas female goshawk Emily.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z303/korykoch/winterlight.jpg

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Paul! Good to see you here too. No, while moving and going through my mid-life crisis phase I decided to place Emily with Kory in Michigan. The two of us have been conspiring to breed these critters and Kory has a more stable life and better set up, so that's where Emily went. Kory helped me raise her and flew her for most of her first season, so we're co-parents :)

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey KidK! Now stop posting embarrassing pictures of me or I'll get you back!

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's KidK's center fold shot! [smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc74/goshawkguy/KorySkeeter.jpg

That's his tiercel Skeeter with a Wisconsin cottontail

outhawkn
09-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey Bryant.
Glad to see you you here. I hope your happy up there in maine,Dang it!

For those of you who dont know Bryant, he makes a very good anglo-indian hood. Never bought his blocked hoods cause I dont use them. Some folks have their doctor, other have their lawyer, me I have my own hood maker.
Again, welcome.
Bill C.

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi Bill! Nice to be here. I sure hope I'm happy in Maine too...and I hope to never move again. I have been known to say that and move within a year though [smilie=BangHead.gif] .

Now I just have to figure out how to chase and catch things in the BIG WOODS they call Maine. Pretty daunting prospect compared to the ag lands of the mid west I am used to.

KidK
09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey Bill,

How about a photo of that Anglo Indian hood on a bird? I have seen Bryants dutch hoods hands on but never his anglo indian.

Here is another shot of Bryant and Emily

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z303/korykoch/7500.jpg

chamokane
09-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi Bill! Nice to be here. I sure hope I'm happy in Maine too...and I hope to never move again. I have been known to say that and move within a year though [smilie=BangHead.gif] .

Now I just have to figure out how to chase and catch things in the BIG WOODS they call Maine. Pretty daunting prospect compared to the ag lands of the mid west I am used to.

Do you have a good population of Snowshoe Hare close by? They're a great critter to hunt in the woods.

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Do you have a good population of Snowshoe Hare close by? They're a great critter to hunt in the woods.

I know they are here...but I don't know about the population level or "nearby" factor. I suspect most are north of me a ways, but it is certainly something I will go after!

Jimmy
09-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard, Bryant!!! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Bryant Tarr
09-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Bryant!!! [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Hi Jimmy, thanks!

sharptail
09-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I recently bought one of Bryants lizard skin Dutch hoods and it is great! Nice fit and good workmanship.

Bryant Tarr
09-02-2007, 09:32 AM
I recently bought one of Bryants lizard skin Dutch hoods and it is great! Nice fit and good workmanship.

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the kind words. good to know you are on here. Sorry your next hood is taking so long! I'm catching up on a bit of a backlog...same old typical hoodmaker story! [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]

sharptail
09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
No worry, Just keep me posted [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

wesleyc6
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi Bryant,
I have heard your name over the years. It is nice to have you here. There are a lot of great falconers on here and a lot of good people on here. If you should need any help with anything on the list, drop and line to Chris or myself and we will do what we can. There is a classified section and please feel free to advertise there if you would like. You can set up your posts to automatically sign your name. If you need help there is a link here on the site for it and I will help you find it.

Again, WELCOME!

Bryant Tarr
09-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Wes. Good to be here.