PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NAFA Meet

Pages : [1] 2

David
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
FYI, if you are going to the NAFA meet the meet hotel is booking up fast. I made my reservation yesterday and they were filling up.

Meet Hotel
Dodge House
(620) 225-9900
$84.00 night

Dirthawking
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Just made mine! One room left!

But now my questions are running. Hotel told me that there is a $10 per day animal deposit, and that birds are not allowed in the rooms! WTF!!! :eek:

Anybody know anything? I called Kevin and left him a message.

forestfalcon
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Got mine yesterday, too.

frootdog
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Made mine yesterday. Wow on the cost by the way!

Eagle Owl
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Made mine yesterday. Wow on the cost by the way!

Did they say anything to you about pet charges?

frootdog
06-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Did they say anything to you about pet charges?

No.

Dirthawking
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
No.

see above....

frootdog
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
see above....

I did "see above". I was answering the question that was asked. Soooo see above.

ukroper
06-03-2010, 05:00 AM
84 BUCKS A NIGHT..THERE HAD BETTER BE A STRIPPER POLE & A DANCER IN THE ROOM EVERYNIGHT FOR THAT:eek:...Who at nafa is meant to be sorting a rate out then????confusedd...this is crap....Everyone should Get in touch with the Garden City hotel,get a deal done ..and we can all gel on...

Is this with a b/fast and/or some kind a deal on evening meal perhapsconfusedd

Tyack
06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
$84...are we renting a room or buying the friggin' building!!!rantt

frootdog
06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
84 BUCKS A NIGHT..THERE HAD BETTER BE A STRIPPER POLE & A DANCER IN THE ROOM EVERYNIGHT FOR THAT:eek:

I'll settle for one in the lobby. Do you know anyone that can dance Gaz?

AxelFortWorth
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Ok, I still have a picture of someone that knows how to bust a move even when hunting.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt167/axelfortworth/100_4745.jpg?t=1275590052

Anybody recognize this fine young dancer????????

Dirthawking
06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
clappclappclappclappclappclappclappclappclapp

Eagle Owl
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Krys is gonna kill you, Axel!! But I love the pic! Guess we have our lobby pole dancer!!!!!:eek:

AxelFortWorth
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah...I am just so darn fired up of making it this year. I can't wait.

Guess I have to provide the alcohol one night for our pole dancer.

Sure wish I knew how to photoshop. Leave it up to his two best friends to figure out who it is. I mean, you guys really know his behind well....hahahahahah

Eagle Owl
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah...I am just so darn fired up of making it this year. I can't wait.

Guess I have to provide the alcohol one night for our pole dancer.

Sure wish I knew how to photoshop. Leave it up to his two best friends to figure out who it is. I mean, you guys really know his behind well....hahahahahah

That is SOOOOO NOT funny, Axel!!!!toungeout

AxelFortWorth
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
oh nOOOOO...you misunderstood....I meant to say that you prefered to see his behind as in loving to see him leave....you know.......dang....I tell you Germans just don't know how to make good jokes.....

Eagle Owl
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
LOL! I am just messin' with you, Axel! ;)

frootdog
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
WTF? I leave for 4 hours to do yard work and come back to this! I was pointing to the t-perch to get my bird's attention! Axel I hope you know someone else that will watch your bird while you are in Germany!

Dirthawking
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
sure you were disco boy....crazyy

Dirthawking
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
OH, and by the way, the only bird in that picture is already on the perch. So try again break dance kid....

frootdog
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
OH, and by the way, the only bird in that picture is already on the perch. So try again break dance kid....

I fly 2 birds jackmooon!

AxelFortWorth
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I guess for that I will have to make you be the second pole dancer right before the third one,,which of course will be Mario.....My money is on you making the most tips....I will provide the starting costume....yeap you guessed it, it will be a fort worth police uniform......ahahahah

frootdog
06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Mario and I will go second and third ONLY if TD does her thing!

Chris L.
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok I just spoke with the Dodge house an they only have smoking rooms available and a few double bed rooms. I was not looking for a smoking room, So I called the La quinta.

The La quinta has no idea who we ( NAFA) are but I did speak to the manager and he will offer a discounted rate but needs someone from NAFA to sign a contact about the room block. I contacted Kevin Suedmeyer and left him a voice message telling him about this.

The La quinta is only 2 years old and has some nice amenities. I went ahead and booked a room anyway.

As I said they will give the discount but they need a representative from NAFA to contact the Manager.

Just wanted to give you all an update on the room status.... and I am bringing my own stripper ;) :D

frootdog
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
... and I am bringing my own stripper ;) :D

As long as you share!:D

AxelFortWorth
06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Ok I just spoke with the Dodge house an they only have smoking rooms available and a few double bed rooms. I was not looking for a smoking room, So I called the La quinta.

The La quinta has no idea who we ( NAFA) are but I did speak to the manager and he will offer a discounted rate but needs someone from NAFA to sign a contact about the room block. I contacted Kevin Suedmeyer and left him a voice message telling him about this.

The La quinta is only 2 years old and has some nice amenities. I went ahead and booked a room anyway.

As I said they will give the discount but they need a representative from NAFA to contact the Manager.

Just wanted to give you all an update on the room status.... and I am bringing my own stripper ;) :D

How about a animal deposit there and are the birds allowed in the room?

Eagle Owl
06-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Chris,

According to the NAFA website, the LaQuinta is supposed to be the first over-flow hotel, so that leads me to believe that arrangements have already been made. Mario called Kevin yesterday to ask about what we were told about pets, etc and we have still not hear anything. confusedd

From the NAFA Website:

Announcement from Kevin Suedmeyer - Meet Chairman

The meet headquarters will be the Dodge House located at 2408 West Wyatt Earp Drive. Contact number 620-225-9900. This wonderful facility has been remodeled, again, & will exceed your fantasy as a hunting palace. Reservations will not be accepted until noon – central time – June 1, 2010. This is fair for all. Additionally only one reservation will be taken per last name/credit card.

Not to worry – the next hotel we will overtake ; ) will be right next door – The LaQuinta Inn located at 2400 West Wyatt Earp Drive. Contact number 620-225-7373.

We will then proceed to take over the Holiday Inn Express located at 2320 West Wyatt Earp Drive. Contact number 620-227-5000.

Chris L.
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Chris,

According to the NAFA website, the LaQuinta is supposed to be the first over-flow hotel, so that leads me to believe that arrangements have already been made. Mario called Kevin yesterday to ask about what we were told about pets, etc and we have still not hear anything. confusedd

Exactly why I called the La quinta because NAFA web site mentioned this is next on the list..... Per the manger of the hotel " NAFA who???" " Falconers??"

He also said there had not been any paper work signed by any NAFA rep. Per the manager "No group rates unless paper work is signed"

Either way someone from NAFA needs to confirm this. I tried but I am not a NAFA officer. I have the managers name and number if a NAFA officer would like to PM me for his details. He said he will give us a discount on the rooms

I too called Kevin and left a message about what I was told.

Axel,

I didnt ask about keeping birds in the rooms. But I did find this

"Dogs of all sizes are allowed for no additional fee; there is a pet policy to sign at check-in. Dogs may not be left alone in the room, and they are not allowed in breakfast or pool areas."

Seems good to go.. ALso no fee.. thumbsupp

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/us/FOLDERks/usonlineks2257373la.shtml

Eagle Owl
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Seems there is some miscommunication going on. Mario was also told that it is $5 per person per night for extra people in the room. We will have 4 people in our room, plus dogs and birds. I really hope these issues get worked out because we can't afford over $100 a night to stay at the Dodge House. And if we can't take birds in the room, that is gonna suck!!!!

Chris L.
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Seems there is some miscommunication going on. Mario was also told that it is $5 per person per night for extra people in the room. We will have 4 people in our room, plus dogs and birds. I really hope these issues get worked out because we can't afford over $100 a night to stay at the Dodge House. And if we can't take birds in the room, that is gonna suck!!!!

Ouch.. yeah it can get expensive when you start to add on all the other charges.

Here are some reviews for each hotel for those who like to read what others have to say about the hotel

Dodge house

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=dodge+house+hotel+dodge+city+reviews&fb=1&gl=us&hq=dodge+house+hotel&hnear=Dodge+City,+KS&cid=5697849655694548739&dtab=2&ei=djoITJb8AsL68Aav-5mcAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQqgUwAA

La quinta

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=9060073035073924633&q=&gl=us&ved=0CM4CEMYH&sa=X&ei=eToITOGLHKqWyATKxYWiDA

Joby
06-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey Chris, thanks for all that info. The best part of the reviews was that they showed a Super 8 hotel at the bottom that wasn't too far from the other places. Much cheaper and Super 8 usually doesn't give a crap too much about animals in the rooms from what I understand.

Chris L.
06-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey Chris, thanks for all that info. The best part of the reviews was that they showed a Super 8 hotel at the bottom that wasn't too far from the other places. Much cheaper and Super 8 usually doesn't give a crap too much about animals in the rooms from what I understand.

Joe

No problem man. I enjoy google reviews. They have helped me decided where to stay a few times.

Lowachi
06-04-2010, 12:38 AM
.... and I am bringing my own stripper ;) :D

This could get you a prime weathering spot,.... if I & Krys are includedtoungeout:D. Dinner set up ain't cheap ya know!!!!

frootdog
06-04-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm sleeping in the weathering yard! Looks like a lot of people may camp out behind the hotel this year.:D

Ken S.
06-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I got my reservation at the Dodge House but all they had was a smoking room... not sure if I'll want to deal with that or not. I called LaQuinta and it was more expensive.

I'm looking forward to it... hope to meet up w/ some of you.

Lee Slikkers
06-04-2010, 11:15 AM
So where is the meet taking place this year?

Joby
06-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Dodge City Kansas, I think.

ukroper
06-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Las Vegas..:eek:.thats why we are all going to Dodgeconfusedd:D:D

Lee Slikkers
06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Dodge City Kansas, I think.

Thanks Joe!

Las Vegas..:eek:.thats why we are all going to Dodgeconfusedd:D:D

LOL, hey, there's more than one DODGE in the US of A Gaz :D What can I say, I've been in hibernation and out of the loop for a couple months, just trying to get plugged back in ya know?

Lowachi
06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks Joe!

LOL, hey, there's more than one DODGE in the US of A Gaz :D What can I say, I've been in hibernation and out of the loop for a couple months, just trying to get plugged back in ya know?

Watch how ya word things, Lee. Gaz'll getcha!:D

Chris L.
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Anyone heard from Kevin or NAFA regarding the La Quinta?? Have they secured the discount? Ken what was the price they quoted you?

Lowachi
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Anyone heard from Kevin or NAFA regarding the La Quinta?? Have they secured the discount? Ken what was the price they quoted you?

I was told yesterday that Kevin's working on the rates, but I haven't reached Kevin yet to confirm.

Chris L.
06-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I was told yesterday that Kevin's working on the rates, but I haven't reached Kevin yet to confirm.

Good to hear. The manager told he could do 85 a night. 5 dollars more than the Dodge house but the rooms look newer and nicer than the dodge house. The La Quinta is only 2 years old. That is worth the extra money for me.

NMHighPlains
06-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm just gonna sleep in the back of my truck. crazyy

Dirthawking
06-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I left Kevin a voicemail concerning the hotel/animal situation and I have yet to get a call back.

frootdog
06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm just gonna sleep in the back of my truck. crazyy

Jay slept in his tent behind the meet hotel last year. Looking better and better.

Dirthawking
06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Jay slept in his tent behind the meet hotel last year. Looking better and better.

Yes, but the maid service sucks!!!

ukroper
06-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, but the maid service sucks!!!

Didnt it ever:D:D

ukroper
06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
..Seriously though...these prices suck!!!..its over $90 !!!!with taxjawwwhat the f##k is going on???..has B.P. got a franchise on this place or what?????????????

ukroper
06-05-2010, 03:41 PM
...I thought that Wyatt Earp had cleared all the robbing bandidoes out of Dodge YEARS ago?????...obviously missed one!!!!!!!!mooonmooonmooonmooon

p.s.
Mario,that last ones for you dudexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

frootdog
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
...I thought that Wyatt Earp had cleared all the robbing bandidoes out of Dodge YEARS ago?????...obviously missed one!!!!!!!!mooonmooonmooonmooon

It seems that is just the going rate for hotels in that city. odd if you ask me but really what are you gonna do in the long run? Guess they were not included when he did this...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4

Jay
06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm sleeping in the weathering yard! Looks like a lot of people may camp out behind the hotel this year.:D

Planning on it again this year if I make it. Maybe Rich will let me pitch it right in the weathering area.

Lowachi
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Planning on it again this year if I make it. Maybe Rich will let me pitch it right in the weathering area.

I did it at the '80 Alamosa meet:D. We can have the Nafex encampment!...like a rendezvous.

frootdog
06-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I did it at the '80 Alamosa meet:D. We can have the Nafex encampment!...like a rendezvous.

Sweet sign me up! It would be kinda like squatting. Get enough of us together and what can they really do?

Yeomanfalconer
06-06-2010, 10:35 AM
..Seriously though...these prices suck!!!..its over $90 !!!!with taxjawwwhat the f##k is going on???..has B.P. got a franchise on this place or what?????????????

This is what happens when an event gets a reputation for attracting rich foreigners. Anyone that will drop thousands on a bird will pay top rent for a clean room.

Maybe if we put up a big enough sqautter tent city of regular Americans, someone will take notice. Plus, the more body heat the better.

Lowachi
06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Sweet sign me up! It would be kinda like squatting. Get enough of us together and what can they really do?

I wonder if the tepee poles will fit on the yard trailer....confusedd

and there's always the NAFA Hospitality Tent..how much more hospitible can it get!? Should be able to accommodate ya Krys:D. It'll make a good center for the encampment.

ukroper
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Yeomanfalconer;130914]This is what happens when an event gets a reputation for attracting rich foreigners. Anyone that will drop thousands on a bird will pay top rent for a clean room.

mooonmooonmooon

Been to the last 5 or 6 meets..never paid this much before..and would wait to grow a new asshole before i dropped thousands on a birdcrazyy

Lowachi
06-06-2010, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Yeomanfalconer;130914]This is what happens when an event gets a reputation for attracting rich foreigners. Anyone that will drop thousands on a bird will pay top rent for a clean room.

mooonmooonmooon

Been to the last 5 or 6 meets..never paid this much before..and would wait to grow a new asshole before i dropped thousands on a birdcrazyy

For some small consideration...say the nectar of Lynchburg....you can stay with Krys in the hospitality tent:D.

I know efforts are being made re: the rates, so far not much happening.

I wonder if we will need some zoning waiver for the Encampment? Looks to be getting bigger all the time:eek:

Eragon
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Is camping really an option at the NAFA meet? That would make it feasable to do this year! I want to go to one soon. If not this year, then definately next. Much closer!

MrBill
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Ryan (and others),

You might be interested in this http://www.campingfriend.com/watersportscampgroundandrvpark/

Bill B.
Norman, OK

Lowachi
06-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Is camping really an option at the NAFA meet? That would make it feasable to do this year! I want to go to one soon. If not this year, then definately next. Much closer!

There's always someone camping at a meet. Sometimes around the hotel,
tho I'm sure cooking around the hotel's lawn might be frowned on, lodges/tepees by a stream. Then there's the tin tepee(camper). First meet I went to, Yankton SD slept in a '67 Mustang. I remember a lodge at Waverly IA some years back, outside the weathering area. Ya can put a fire in a lodge and stay warm or just roll up in a canvas tarp with the dogs like Jack Oar used to:D
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Eragon
06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I may try it!

I can't imagine trying to sleep in a 67 Mustang? They're small inside!

sharptail
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I do remember sleeping in my truck canopy at the Brigham City meet and waking up to 0 degrees f.

everetkhorton
06-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I may try it!

I can't imagine trying to sleep in a 67 Mustang? They're small inside!

Ryan:
About like sleeping in a 67 VW. :D

frootdog
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Yes our very own Jay from VT camped out in a wooded lot behind the hotel last year on OK. If you feel adventurous go for it!

wgtail
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Still waiting! As of 4 pm St Louis time today (Tue) no one from NAFA has contacted LaQuinta about group rates. Hope it's soon.

Mike Mallett
St Louis

Eagle Owl
06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Still waiting! As of 4 pm St Louis time today (Tue) no one from NAFA has contacted LaQuinta about group rates. Hope it's soon.

Mike Mallett
St Louis

We are still waiting on return call from Kevin as well. Getting a little annoyed now.

Lowachi
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
We are still waiting on return call from Kevin as well. Getting a little annoyed now.

you should be an noyed-- the world needs more noystoungeout

frootdog
06-08-2010, 09:36 PM

I thought it was the noid and you were supposed to avoid him......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

Eagle Owl
06-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Y'all are both smartasses!!!!!mooon

Mzingie
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

Anyone ever flown their bird on a noid? toungeout

frootdog
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Anyone ever flown their bird on a noid? toungeout

They tend to just go sit when they are annoyed and don't fly well. It's very annoying.......:eek:

frootdog
06-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Y'all are both smartasses!!!!!mooon

You don't know how hard it is to find old video clips that you would understand. Not much video around when you were younger.

Eagle Owl
06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
You don't know how hard it is to find old video clips that you would understand. Not much video around when you were younger.

You are NOT funny!!! Butthead!!!!!

frootdog
06-08-2010, 09:52 PM
You are NOT funny!!! Butthead!!!!!

Sometimes the truth is just not very humorous.

Dirthawking
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
For what it is worth. I thought it was the funniest thing I had heard all day!!!! :D

Eagle Owl
06-08-2010, 09:57 PM

For what it is worth. I thought it was the funniest thing I had heard all day!!!! :D

Y'all are both in trouble, now!!!!!brickk

Mzingie
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Y'all are both in trouble, now!!!!!brickk

Now the whole thread is side-tracked because you had to bring up noids.toungeout

frootdog
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Someone can appreciate my humor.:D

frootdog
06-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Now the whole thread is side-tracked because you had to bring up noids.toungeout

Her memory is fading and she thought it was a pop culture reference.confusedd

Dirthawking
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
So I have now left messages for Kevin at home and again on his cell phone. I am now sending him an email. I sure hope he gets back to me/us soon about these issues.

Lowachi
06-08-2010, 10:30 PM

I thought it was hilariousclapp

frootdog
06-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I thought it was hilariousclapp
Why thank you kind sir!:D

Eagle Owl
06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Y'all are all being mean to me and I am extremely offended! Mods, when are you gonna step in here and ban these boys? (Mario included)!!!!:D

Dirthawking
06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Jeez....sorry.....we will take it to PM! toungeout

Lowachi
06-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Y'all are all being mean to me and I am extremely offended! Mods, when are you gonna step in here and ban these boys? (Mario included)!!!!:D

I'll just take the noids and stomp home then! humf!:D

Eagle Owl
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I'll just take the noids and stomp home then! humf!:D

toungeout

forestfalcon
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm just glad this thread started this early. This will be my first NAFA meet, and I feel like I'm getting prepared for the shenanigans that will ensue there. Thanks guys!toungeout

frootdog
06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm just glad this thread started this early. This will be my first NAFA meet, and I feel like I'm getting prepared for the shenanigans that will ensue there. Thanks guys!toungeout

You have no idea!:D It's debauchery though.:eek:

frootdog
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
shenanigans
http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-shows/super-troopers/2804931825-shenanigans

Eagle Owl
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/17893/super-troopers-shenanigans

Can't see it without creating an account.

frootdog
06-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Can't see it without creating an account.

Fixed. Try now

forestfalcon
06-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Your shenanigans ARE cheeky and fun.

frootdog
06-09-2010, 07:23 PM

At least they are not cruel and tragic, then they would not be shenanigans at all really.

Eagle Owl
06-09-2010, 07:48 PM

Jenni, I am not even gonna ask how you know Krys' shenanigans are cheeky and fun!:eek: :eek:

forestfalcon
06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I swear. I'm going to pistol whip the next person that says "shenanigans." :D

frootdog
06-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I swear. I'm going to pistol whip the next person that says "shenanigans." :D

Hey Mario! What's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy sh#t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Dirthawking
06-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Bennigans? :D

forestfalcon
06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?

I approve with how far off topic this thread has gone.

Dirthawking
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOfb9XgYlk4&feature=related

frootdog
06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
We better knock it off right meow before we all get in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxJKOxV9eE&feature=related

Dirthawking
06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok, I still have a picture of someone that knows how to bust a move even when hunting.

Anybody recognize this fine young dancer????????

So I found more proof that Krys practices his move while out hunting! He looks so happy....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brandi7777/Falconry/9_22_5R.jpg

frootdog
06-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Post the rest of that series.

Dirthawking
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I can't do that. This is a family forum! :eek:

frootdog
06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I can't do that. This is a family forum! :eek:

Ha ha amooons!

frootdog
06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
One king bed is $79/night
2 queens $84/night - includes up to 5 people.

Only 2 free breakfast coupons/room/day others are $5.99 a day

No extra fee for birds, birds are allowed.

$10/day for dogs (daily cleaning fee for dander/allergens)

No cats allowed at all no exceptions.

Still working on the LaQuinta issue

Dirthawking
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

I wonder if they are going to charge smokers more for cleaning their rooms. (Yeah yeah yeah, I used to smoke)

Eagle Owl
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM

This really is a bunch of crap! It clearly states in the NAFA Meet info that room rates will include a FULL breakfast. Now we are being told all these extra fees that are going to be added on AFTER we have booked our rooms. I say we find another hotel!!!:mad:

forestfalcon
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
So where do you suggest I keep my cats? My little babies don't want to stay in the car overnight, it'll be too cramped with 18 cats in there! unbelievable!

:D

ukroper
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Please dont get the wrong ideal:eek:..its not at all bad..i would like to invite you to spend your time with us..a small majority of your countrymen/woman seem to treat this gathering as some sort of excuse to cut loose and behave,..to be frank..like animals (what happens at nafa..nafa sex..drinkin,dancin etc..stays at nafa!!..)..well,i would like to offer you the chance to distance yourself from all this..and we will look after y'all..p.m. me your room number and cell number..Only tooo pleased to help...;)

frootdog
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Please dont get the wrong ideal:eek:..its not at all bad..i would like to invite you to spend your time with us..a small majority of your countrymen/woman seem to treat this gathering as some sort of excuse to cut loose and behave,..to be frank..like animals (what happens at nafa..nafa sex..drinkin,dancin etc..stays at nafa!!..)..well,i would like to offer you the chance to distance yourself from all this..and we will look after y'all..p.m. me your room number and cell number..Only tooo pleased to help...;)

Now now Gaz. Behave.:D

ukroper
06-10-2010, 04:00 PM
..KRYS..with all the will in the world..y'all know thats a 'kin impossabillity;)

ukroper
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Well I'm packing up my game and I'm a head out west
Where real women come equipped with scripts and fake breasts
Find a nest in the hills, chill like Flynt
Buy an old droptop, find a spot for pimpin'
I'm a Kid Rock it up and down your block
With a bottle of scotch and watch lots of crotch
Buy a yacht with a flag sayin' chillin' the most
Then rock that bitch up and down the coast
Give a toast to the sun, drink with the stars
Get thrown in the mix and tossed out of bars
Zip to Tijuana, I wanna roam
Find motown and tell them fools come back home
Start an escort service, for all the right reasons
And set up shop at the top of Four Seasons
Kid Rock and I'm the real McCoy....

I WANNA BE A COWWBOYY BAAAABBYYYYYYY...mooonbeeerpeacee

Lowachi
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
..KRYS..with all the will in the world..y'all know thats a 'kin impossabillity;)

amennn

;)

Eagle Owl
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Jenni,

Don't believe a word Gaz says!!!!!toungeout

frootdog
06-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Jenni,

Don't believe a word Gaz says!!!!!toungeout

She speaks from first hand experience that it does NOT stay at NAFA. Just ask her if she has scouted out the closets in the hotel yet.toungeout:Dbox2

Dirthawking
06-10-2010, 09:55 PM
She speaks from first hand experience that it does NOT stay at NAFA. Just ask her if she has scouted out the closets in the hotel yet.toungeout:Dbox2

Why, is that were you are going to be sleeping? boxingg

ukroper
09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Has there been any more info on this daylight robbery...sorry,meant to say,,,,
Has there been any more info on this room rate issue from Naffa?

Eagle Owl
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Has there been any more info on this daylight robbery...sorry,meant to say,,,,
Has there been any more info on this room rate issue from Naffa?

Not that I have heard. frus)

Lowachi
09-11-2010, 12:01 AM
room rates still being worked on as of last week when I talked to Kevin

Hawkmom
09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Those looking for more pet/animal friendly hotels. Look here for hotels and places that are pet friendly.

http://www.petpages.com/

Hawkmom
09-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Heck go to the hotel sites. Expedia, Priceline etc. To see if you can get a better rate.

raptrlvr
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
On my way back from Denver, I stayed at a La Quinta with my dog and my goshawk in the room. The manager even asked if I would bring the goshawk down to the lobby so that the other guest could see it. There was no extra charge and they said that they welcomed pets as part of their policy.

Eragon
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I stayed at a LaQuinta and a Best Western on the way out here to Boise, and both allowed me to have the bird in the room. I didn't have a dog, but I'm pretty sure they allow it becasue GLFA always uses a Best Western and their policy is to allow animals. Hope that can be of any help.

Meagan
09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
I have my reservations for the Holiday Inn Express. Their rates are a little bit higher but they allow pets and they also have breakfast. Those are both pluses to me, I feel better when I can have my birds in the rooms with me.

Hawkmom
09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Still, be careful with hotel rooms. They use all kinds of fragranced/toxic stuff to kill animal odors (Febreeze is DEADLY to pets). Also, the heaters in the room can be defective. Pat Redig told us a story where he and his room mate were staying in a hotel room. The heater was defective, and the carbon monoxide killed the Harris' in the room. The goshawk was ok. I prefer to keep the birds in the truck outside. With a close ear on them while I sleep. I know the air is good out there. I just have to be listening for engines running adjacent to my truck(s).

Eagle Owl
09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
(Febreeze is DEADLY to pets)

Kitty,

This statement is false. Even the ASPCA has denounced this rumor:

Veterinary toxicologists at the ASPCA National Animal Poison Center are conducting an on-going investigation into claims that use of Febreze in the home caused the death of several pets. All information reviewed to date suggests that there is no evidence that Febreze represents any risk to pets when used according to label instructions. Presently, the center considers the product safe to use in households with pets. As with any cleaning product, the center recommends that birds be removed from the room until the product application has dried and the area has been ventilated.
— ASPCA/NAPCC Letter Regarding Febreze

forestfalcon
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Pat Redig told us a story where he and his room mate were staying in a hotel room. The heater was defective, and the carbon monoxide killed the Harris' in the room.

Like a canary in a coal mine. Seems to me that if a defective heater is putting enough CO into a room to kill a bird, that they were lucky enough to figure it out before it killed them... it's unfortunate about the birds, but again, lucky it wasn't them!

Dirthawking
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
... Also, the heaters in the room can be defective. Pat Redig told us a story where he and his room mate were staying in a hotel room. The heater was defective, and the carbon monoxide killed the Harris' in the room. The goshawk was ok. I prefer to keep the birds in the truck outside. With a close ear on them while I sleep. I know the air is good out there. I just have to be listening for engines running adjacent to my truck(s).

This will never happen. Heaters and A/C in hotels is now done through a heat pump or hot water system. There would have to be gas run to each room to run a heater like that. It would also take a cracked heat exchanger on the furnace to cause CO in the room air. I have never even seen a hotel that had a gas furnace in each room. Even some of the oldest that I have visited/worked on still only had hot water coils and boilers.

Best advice if you are worried about quality of room air, stop by your local hardware store and pick up a cheap co monitor (approx $30). They run on batteries or can be plugged in. We keep on in the truck turned on while traveling more than 30 minutes with birds.

Roper
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
so who is thinking of camping at the Nafa meet.. ?
and what would you be camping in ?

Chad L.
09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
so who is thinking of camping at the Nafa meet.. ?
and what would you be camping in ?

I just caught up with this thread. I didn't even think i was planning on going but after reading through this I can't imagine it could possibly be worth missing. That being said i think camping is a great idea. I have a 10X20 wall tent with a pot belly stove that would work perfect. A few decks of cards some right left center dice and a bunch of non bar price beer sound like a good way to spend a few days. Plus i dont have to worry about birds in the "room" getting kicked out for being to loud etc. In all seriousness if anyone wants to put together a "tent city" let me know. I like living outside the range of the expected norm.

Roper
09-13-2010, 06:04 PM
so what do you guys do for showers and stuff . do you guys go to a truck stop like the flyin J at the end of town etc.. or do you use a shower in someone elses room .. etc. etc..

Roper
09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
So Gary r u going to stay in a room or r u just blowin wind.

cwd56
09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
So Gary r u going to stay in a room or r u just blowin wind.

Who's Gary?

Ron Clarke
09-14-2010, 11:34 AM
so what do you guys do for showers and stuff . do you guys go to a truck stop like the flyin J at the end of town etc.. or do you use a shower in someone elses room .. etc. etc..

Shower? Jeez, man, you don't want to rinse off all your good luck in the middle of a hunting trip!

Eagle Owl
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Who's Gary?

He is referring to 'ukroper' on here.

frootdog
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM
People don't get yer hopes up on cheaper room rates. The hotel is sold out...... to falconers for the week. They would be flat out stupid to even consider dropping the cost. The only way it will happen is if every last person with a reservation backs out in the next week. THEN they may negotiate.

Flight
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I like living outside the range of the expected norm.

You and me both brother. Hell, I think I'd prefer camping than being up in a hotel room, especially if others were around to act a fool with with! :D

JRedig
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Since when did you shower that often? Take your semi-annual as normal on november 1st and you'll be good! toungeout:D

Hawkmom
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I can't go, but the idea of a tent city and an RV city is a great one. Jack Oar had his lodge at the 1986 NAFA meet I went to. What a great way to spend during the meet. We had our own Thanksgiving meal, made from the ducks and pheasants the hawks' caught and a Canada goose donated by a local gun hunter. We had fire cooked food, hawks and dogs all around us. The best thanksgiving I ever had.

Flight
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Since when did you shower that often? Take your semi-annual as normal on november 1st and you'll be good! toungeout:D

LOL!
Yea, I don't see no big deal it's only 5 days!

Chad L.
09-14-2010, 05:00 PM
You and me both brother. Hell, I think I'd prefer camping than being up in a hotel room, especially if others were around to act a fool with with! :D

So i still think this sounds like a fun idea. Plus i trust my sleeping bag and cot over a CSI black light nightmare hotel room anyday.

If there's any serious interest out there from other people let me know and I'll see what can be done in regards of group camping sites.

Flight
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
So i still think this sounds like a fun idea. Plus i trust my sleeping bag and cot over a CSI black light nightmare hotel room anyday.

If there's any serious interest out there from other people let me know and I'll see what can be done in regards of group camping sites.

Put me down as a possibility, I have to check into some arrangements and I'll get back to ya'.

Ron Clarke
09-14-2010, 08:46 PM

I'm interested. I may arrive with a companion who is less enthusiastic about camping, in which case, all bets may be off. But if I'm by myself, I'll definitely go the tent route. Please keep us posted.

Tasha55403
09-14-2010, 09:45 PM

It's a good possibility, but I think it really depends on the weather...If it's gonna be a high of 30F it might not be too pleasant, lol.

Flight
09-14-2010, 09:52 PM
It's a good possibility, but I think it really depends on the weather...If it's gonna be a high of 30F it might not be too pleasant, lol.

Bah, wouldn't be the coldest I've camped out in, that's what they make thick blankets,jackets, and propane tent heaters for! ;)

zx2run
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
In fact I believe there is a camp ground not far (a mile or 2) from the meet hotel. That might be worth checking in to.

FredFogg
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
In fact I believe there is a camp ground not far (a mile or 2) from the meet hotel. That might be worth checking in to.

Ahhh, a campground right next to one of Dodge City's cattle stock yards, wouldn't that be nice! LOL toungeout :D

zx2run
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Ahhh, a campground right next to one of Dodge City's cattle stock yards, wouldn't that be nice! LOL toungeout :D

LOL...I never said it was a good idea. I sure as heck wouldn't camp there. :D

Eragon
09-15-2010, 02:36 AM
I'd be interested in camping if a bunch of people were gunna take over a campground. I'm gunna either camp or sleep in the back of the truck anyways. I've got cold weather camping gear, so temps won't be a problem. Shaping up to be a GREAT meet!

Lowachi
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM

clappI take the other is around spring warm up:Dtoungeout

Lowachi
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I can see it all now. The Nafex Dodge City 1st Annual Rendezvous & Encampment! Bring yer tomahawks and Hawken rifles thumbsupp. Period dress only.

Chad L.
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd be interested in camping if a bunch of people were gunna take over a campground. I'm gunna either camp or sleep in the back of the truck anyways. I've got cold weather camping gear, so temps won't be a problem. Shaping up to be a GREAT meet!

If I end up being able to make it my plan was to bring my big wall tent. It has a woodburning pot belly stove that goes in it. You'd be more than welcome to bunk up in it. It would sure beat the heck out of sleeping in the back of a truck.

latham
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I can't go, but the idea of a tent city and an RV city is a great one. Jack Oar had his lodge at the 1986 NAFA meet I went to. What a great way to spend during the meet. We had our own Thanksgiving meal, made from the ducks and pheasants the hawks' caught and a Canada goose donated by a local gun hunter. We had fire cooked food, hawks and dogs all around us. The best thanksgiving I ever had.
Kitty, I remember that Thanksgiving well. It was a great meet. I forwarded your comments to Connie Oar who was very pleased by them. She thought those days were good ones too. If you have any photos from that day, could you scan them or send them to the Archives? We would send them back if you want. This next meet is shaping up to be a good one - as long as there are jacks and chickens! Bob

FredFogg
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
And don't forget folks, you can register online (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/members/omr.htm) on the NAFA website using PayPal if you don't want to mail in a check. Let me know if you have any questions with the online registration!

Eragon
09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
If I end up being able to make it my plan was to bring my big wall tent. It has a woodburning pot belly stove that goes in it. You'd be more than welcome to bunk up in it. It would sure beat the heck out of sleeping in the back of a truck.

Thanks Chad! I really appreciate that. We'll have to see how it works out. It's really an SUV so it wouldn't be quite so bad. That was the back up plan if I couldn't find a place to pitch a tent.

Takasho
09-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Put me down for interest in group camping. Everyone hangs out in the hotel lobby til all hours of the morning anyway, you'd only spend a couple hours a night in a tent!

Just FYI, there's at least one RV park/campground only 1.3 miles from the meet hotel. 2 minutes by car according to Google maps...

Shehawker
09-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Love the idea of a tent city, I've got a yurt and a tepee, probably just bring the yurt if I go. But both are quite cozy with a woodburning stove.

Melissa

frootdog
09-17-2010, 09:54 AM
back up plan if I couldn't find a place to pitch a tent.

hmmm....... nevermind. I'll be good.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Lowachi
09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
hmmm....... nevermind. I'll be good.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

now now now!

Chad L.
09-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I just talked to the Gunsmoke Trav-L-park which would have worked well becasue they a big "general area" for tent camping where we could have all set up but the lady can't tell me whether or not they will still be open. She said they try to be closed by Nov. 1st so that one looks like a bust.

The watersports campground is a little further away from the hotel (2.5 miles) but i just got off the phone with the site manager and she said she would make us a deal if there is a group and only charge us $5 per person per night. There are basic facilities, hot showers restrooms etc and the birds and dogs are welcome as long as we don't leave behind a mess.

I am going to be there on the 21st and leave on the 24th so i can be back with my family for TG. So if any one else wants to let me know what their plans are I am going to try and make some reservations for a group site/area whatever so we could all be in the same place.

So who's in and how many would be with you?

Flight
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
The watersports campground is a little further away from the hotel (2.5 miles) but i just got off the phone with the site manager and she said she would make us a deal if there is a group and only charge us $5 per person per night. There are basic facilities, hot showers restrooms etc and the birds and dogs are welcome as long as we don't leave behind a mess.

Sounding pretty good!
Damn sight better than $85 a night that's for sure.. will be able to tell ya in a couple days

Eragon
09-17-2010, 08:49 PM
I'd probably get there Sunday and leave on Saturday. It would be just me.

Chad L.
09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
As of now there are 7 people that are going to camp for sure instead of doing the hotel. There is plenty of room according to the site manager so I'm going to go ahead and make reservations. If anyone else wants to camp out post it up and i can let her know how many to expect.

Lowachi
09-18-2010, 12:57 AM
As of now there are 7 people that are going to camp for sure instead of doing the hotel. There is plenty of room according to the site manager so I'm going to go ahead and make reservations. If anyone else wants to camp out post it up and i can let her know how many to expect.

Jay!! yer a hand at this. I did it in the middle of the weathering yard (years ago mind you, & it snowed on me..)in Alamosa. Times are hard, and as yard/gate keeper, I'll help where I can;) but no tents in the weathering yard...unless gratuities are made....:D

Jay
09-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Wiskey a sutable gratuity for you Rich?

I am hoping to make it out to Dodge for a few days at the end of the week. Will be camping again.

Lowachi
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Wiskey a sutable gratuity for you Rich?

I am hoping to make it out to Dodge for a few days at the end of the week. Will be camping again.

Silly questiontoungeout. Look me up when ya get there.

Saluqi
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
What's this BS in the latest Hawk Chalk that says if you were born after July 1, 1957 you need to have proof that you took an approved hunter's saftey course in order to purchase a hunting license. Are they kidding? I took hunter's saftey in 1974 in NY state, no way in hell is there a record of that anywhere....

If this is the case, then I won't be bringing a bird to the meet....

Lowachi
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
What's this BS in the latest Hawk Chalk that says if you were born after July 1, 1957 you need to have proof that you took an approved hunter's saftey course in order to purchase a hunting license. Are they kidding? I took hunter's saftey in 1974 in NY state, no way in hell is there a record of that anywhere....

your bio says yer older than that???;)and you didn't keep your card???...Most of the state's are doing this, especially out west( of here) My brother is an instructor. Here its a Fri, evening, most of a Sat, review and test of Sunday morning. He had to get one to elk hunt in CO (?), some years back and he's older than I am. During season, there's usually a class every couple weeks, some are only 1 day, depends on the course.. and depending on the KS law, you may have to be licensed to be in the field beating brush, etc....remember IA? I've dropped Kevin a line about that.

Takasho
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Paul, contact the NY Fish and Game folks and ask if they might have a copy somewhere? Or just take another in NM before the meet. Still plenty of time right? Heck, I think some places even have online versions...

zx2run
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Shouldn't last years hunting license be proof enough that you have taken a hunters safety course?

Saluqi
09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Doesn't matter, I won't be hunting anyway. I'll only be there from Sunday night leaving on Wednesday morning, Tuesday will be in the NAFA board meeting all day, leaving Monday to hunt, no way I'm spending $75 for a day of hunting, oh well.

Eagle Owl
09-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Shouldn't last years hunting license be proof enough that you have taken a hunters safety course?

Nope. Not all states require hunter's safety and those that do have different requirements. Here in Texas you only have to have hunter's education if you were born after 9/1/1972. And just because you have a hunting license is not proof that you have taken hunter's education. They are issued separately. On some people's licenses it has their HE number, but on mine it just says Hunter's Education required. So I carry my card with my license.

forestfalcon
09-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Bummer. This means I need a hunter's safety course. In Colorado, you don't need one if you only have a falconry license. grrr.

Flight
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I think some places even have online versions...

Yep Florida is one of those places, the online portion was even free. I read some, answered some questions printed out the scores, then went to a location for the live fire exercises, and took the final exam. I think it took me less than 3 hours to get the whole certification done.

frootdog
09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
In UT you could not get a hunting liscense at walmart w/out them entering your hunter safety # in the computer. At the meet hotel they gave a waiver for the 5 day falconry liscense.

Chris L.
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Are you kidding. That is just crazy!

is there any way around this?

Lowachi
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I sent a msg to Kevin & he's looking into it

Eagle Owl
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM

Paul,

The information regarding hunter's education has been on the website for months, so it is not something new that is just now being put out there to members.

Lowachi
09-19-2010, 10:48 PM
just got off the phone w/ Kevin. The hunter's safety is a State statute, and can't be changed, nor is KS willing to do so. As far as non-hunters in the field needing a license, he's pretty sure they don't, but he's double checking into it and I'll post that confirmation as soon as I receive it. Kevin's another that's had a card since the 70's, says you can barely read it, and that he can't replace it because MO doesn't have the records.

Chris L.
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks for looking into it Rich.

I just bought mine online. For those of you who can't remember you number, There is an option for that

I bought the license and state water fowl stamp = around $78.00

FredFogg
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Just buy your license online, you will know what to do once you get there!

AxelFortWorth
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Can I purchase the non-resident Hunting license for KS online? Anybody done this? I love getting my TX hunting license online. You print out a temporary one until you get the actual license in the mail.

AxelFortWorth
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I just answered my own question.

Check this out though.

KS charges an Internet Convenience fee and a processing fee....frus)

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt167/axelfortworth/KSonlinehuntinglicense.jpg

Jay
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Yes you can buy a KS non-resident license online and print it out. The process is simple .

frootdog
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Just refer to Axels post and all yall without hunters ed #s are set!

AxelFortWorth
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok...I called KS P&W because online they offered two non resident hunting licenses for the same price.

1. non-resident hunting license
2. apprentice non-resident hunting license

The individual I called at 1(800) 918-2877 told me the difference is that you can buy the apprentice non-resident hunting license if you don't have the hunters safety course. It will be a one time deal according to her. Just FYI.

Hawkmom
09-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Even when I did not hunt with a gun. I took the MD hunter safety course, then again in Florida when I moved there. Here is the International Hunter Education Association website: www.ihea.com I do feel that ALL hunters should take the course. I also feel that there should be a section to educate the gun/archer/arbelist (crossbow) about other forms of hunting (terrier work, coursing with hounds, falconry, ferreting, etc.) Not everyone hunts with a gun or bow.

NMHighPlains
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm interested in this. I'll be in a pop-up. Me and my 6 yr old. Won't be there the whole meet, but we'll be there for the start and then some.

frootdog
09-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Even when I did not hunt with a gun. I took the MD hunter safety course, then again in Florida when I moved there. .

Why take it twice? Did FL not recognize the one from MD? In TX your hunting liscense is no good w/out the hunters ed certificate even if you are not gun hunting.

Chad L.
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I just got off the phone with the park manager to get some clarification on rates. She said that pop up trailers are welcome on the grassy area with the people camping in tents however the rate is $19 per night for the trailer. The rate for people camping in tents is still $5 per person per night. Sorry if there was any confusion on this.

NMHighPlains
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
She said that pop up trailers are welcome on the grassy area with the people camping in tents however the rate is $19 per night for the trailer. The rate for people camping in tents is still $5 per person per night.

That's still very reasonable. However, if I just sleep in the back of my truck, then what? Will she pay me? :)

Hawkmom
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I did not need to take the FL one, but did anyhow. It was MUCH more complete than the one I took in MD in the mid 80's. I was told that the FL hunter safety cert is accepted by all states. I assume that it is reciprocal with all the hunter safety courses. IHEA.com apparently is the people who design the hunter safety courses nationwide.

Chad L.
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
That's still very reasonable. However, if I just sleep in the back of my truck, then what? Will she pay me? :)

LOL. Based on the conversations i've had with her as of now I think you would have a better chance of seeing pigs fly. i actually asked if we could get the same rate for pop ups that we were getting for tent camping and she actually laughed out loud on the phone. It never hurts to ask.

Peregrine At Heart
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I love camping but I do not much like the cold.....one of the worst times ever in my life was when I was in northern Iraq one winter on a convoy...we slept on cots outside underneath of our trailers...woke up one morning to 30 degree F. temp and everything was white with frost. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. How far from the meet hotel was that Super 8? And did anyone mention their rates?

longwinger2010
09-26-2010, 10:37 PM
MAN ! This hotel situation bites ! I'm SERIOUSLY thinkin' about using my military polar bag and sleepin' in my truckbed on an air mattress !

Dirthawking
09-27-2010, 12:03 AM
While the cost of the hotel does indeed suck. Think about it this way:

There has not been a cost increase on the hotel costs in over 10 years.
There are other hotels in the area that are offering good deals.
The cost of a room at any hotel this nice is going to cost more without the deal NAFA has worked out.
How many hotels this nice allow you to bring birds and dogs into it?
How many hotels are allowing a group of people to take it over on a holiday?

If you think about it from the hotels view, it would be a huge risk. Lots of people with dogs, birds, and dead game taking over 2/3 of your rooms, your banquet rooms, your lobbies, your pool area, etc... all of this over a holiday week, where most of their staff would you usually be off to be with family of their own. Now they usually have to bring in more staff, keep the hotel bar/restaurant open longer/later, keep grounds up for months longer than they normally would (I know in Colorado it cost the hotel a lot of money to try and make the weathering yard usable, they actually planted grass just for us). Yes they are going to make money, but how much compared if they just said no thank you.

Not saying that I don't think that it sucks too, just looking at it from all angles. It is still one heck of a deal and I am looking forward to it as usual! :D

Tasha55403
09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Let's see...$90/nite for 8 nites makes for $720 just for the room not counting gas, license, dues, registration...IF I can afford to go, I think I'll go for the $5/nite freeze my rear end off. $40 for the whole week and maybe I can squeeze in some breakfast with what's left over:P

Eragon
09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Let's see...$90/nite for 8 nites makes for $720 just for the room not counting gas, license, dues, registration...IF I can afford to go, I think I'll go for the $5/nite freeze my rear end off. $40 for the whole week and maybe I can squeeze in some breakfast with what's left over:P

clappamennnclapp

Heatherg
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
While the cost of the hotel does indeed suck. Think about it this way:

There has not been a cost increase on the hotel costs in over 10 years.
There are other hotels in the area that are offering good deals.
The cost of a room at any hotel this nice is going to cost more without the deal NAFA has worked out.
How many hotels this nice allow you to bring birds and dogs into it?
How many hotels are allowing a group of people to take it over on a holiday?

If you think about it from the hotels view, it would be a huge risk. Lots of people with dogs, birds, and dead game taking over 2/3 of your rooms, your banquet rooms, your lobbies, your pool area, etc... all of this over a holiday week, where most of their staff would you usually be off to be with family of their own. Now they usually have to bring in more staff, keep the hotel bar/restaurant open longer/later, keep grounds up for months longer than they normally would (I know in Colorado it cost the hotel a lot of money to try and make the weathering yard usable, they actually planted grass just for us). Yes they are going to make money, but how much compared if they just said no thank you.

Not saying that I don't think that it sucks too, just looking at it from all angles. It is still one heck of a deal and I am looking forward to it as usual! :D

Just a question for ya Mario....Have you been to dodge city and stayed at this place? I have...it is nothing special...nothing to warrant the cost involved nor the increase. THe place we stayed at in Alamosa was way nicer on the inside than this place. I understand the risks involved for booking an event like this...but they could have said no, and we as a club could have said no thank you we will go back to Garden City or move it else where to make it more affordable! I dont stay in 90$ a night hotels anytime I travel, much less for a hunting trip....I for one wont be staying there...I have a great place down the road that is perfect for what I need, and they love to have falconers there!

Lowachi
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
MAN ! This hotel situation bites ! I'm SERIOUSLY thinkin' about using my military polar bag and sleepin' in my truckbed on an air mattress !

done that too..Waverly

Chad L.
09-28-2010, 12:04 PM

No need to sleep in your tuckbed. Bring a tent and join the rapidly building 2010 NAFA gypsy hawkers camp. The more the merrier and i can think of better things to do with $700 if i just need to give up a heated room.

longwinger2010
10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
So...for those that have been to Dodge City before; are there shower facilities (i.e. a truck plaza) near the hotel/camping grounds ?

Elinay
10-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Camping gear here I come!

Chad L.
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
So...for those that have been to Dodge City before; are there shower facilities (i.e. a truck plaza) near the hotel/camping grounds ?

There are Hot showers, bathroom facilities etc at the camp site. There's also a little general store type deal there on site. So it will be camping but certainly not roughing it.

longwinger2010
10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Well IF I can go I will certainly be camping/truck sleeping/whatever and not worrying about the cost of the hotel....I simply don't hate money enough to drop that kind of cash on a room for a week !

longwinger2010
10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh and by the way...does anyone have a name for the camping area ? Is there a camping fee for a tent or trailer ?

Chad L.
10-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh and by the way...does anyone have a name for the camping area ? Is there a camping fee for a tent or trailer ?

The name of the place is the Water Sports Campground and RV park. As of now the cost for people camping in tents is $5 per person per night. Pop up trailers can be put in the same area as the tents for $19 per night per trailer. You can also put a trailer in a regular spot with a basic water hook up for $19 a night if you prefer.

High Desert Hawker
10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Totally off topic, but wondering why "you guys" don't jump the "gals" for not posting their real names on their signatures.toungeout

frootdog
10-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Totally off topic, but wondering why "you guys" don't jump the "gals" for not posting their real names on their signatures.toungeout

Trust me they have asked plenty of women to sign posts. I'm sure the dogs just have not gotten around to Elinay yet.

ukroper
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
HHmmm..id like to get to Elinaythumbsupp...Krys,see y'all in 5 weeks mate beeerbeeerbeeer

Eagle Owl
10-07-2010, 02:59 PM
HHmmm..id like to get to Elinaythumbsupp...Krys,see y'all in 5 weeks mate beeerbeeerbeeer

Gaz, where are y'all flying into this year?

frootdog
10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
...Krys,see y'all in 5 weeks mate beeerbeeerbeeer

Can't wait!

ukroper
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
''The twins are back in town..Saginaw..YE-HARRR..''

DFW!!..OF COURSE..got a get my stockyards rodeo fix the first night!!We got a ''rodeo virgin '' with us this year....''THE STARS AT NIGHT..ARE BIG AND BRIGHT....''...:D..And then up to Woodward for the sat night in the bar(i know,but i promised a certain receptionist that i would be back,and ,well ya know..cant dissapoint my public can i...;) )..roping Sunday in Woodward..then meet David(Roper)..then annnoy Heathertoungeout..and just about anybody else..oh,and get drunk with Rich....jeeze..its tough being me sometimes..dont know how i manage....:D

Elinay
10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
I can put my name as my sig, is that a new policy?

frootdog
10-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Nope. Age old policy.

frootdog
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
''The twins are back in town..Saginaw..YE-HARRR..''

DFW!!..OF COURSE..got a get my stockyards rodeo fix the first night!!We got a ''rodeo virgin '' with us this year....''THE STARS AT NIGHT..ARE BIG AND BRIGHT....''...:D..And then up to Woodward for the sat night in the bar(i know,but i promised a certain receptionist that i would be back,and ,well ya know..cant dissapoint my public can i...;) )..roping Sunday in Woodward..then meet David(Roper)..then annnoy Heathertoungeout..and just about anybody else..oh,and get drunk with Rich....jeeze..its tough being me sometimes..dont know how i manage....:D

What night will you be here in FW?

Hunter45
10-07-2010, 04:41 PM

. . . it's Elizabeth K isn't it?

Tasha55403
10-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Trust me they have asked plenty of women to sign posts. I'm sure the dogs just have not gotten around to Elinay yet.
I don't bother because my handle IS my name...seems awfully redundant...

Elinay
10-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't bother because my handle IS my name...seems awfully redundant...

LOL, fair enough :)

ukroper
10-07-2010, 05:32 PM
What night???..Rodeo night...acccident night..Friday night ya goon!!!..;)..(12th..NOT THE 13TH..:D)

Hawkmom
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Concerning the hotel nightly cost. Make sure the cost includes the local 'bed tax' and 'tourist' based taxes. They may be quoting a price before those taxes are added on. Including pet fees, cleanup fees. (One hotel I was at charges $200.00 if you are caught smoking in a non-smoking room).

I wish I could go. The gypsy falconer camp sounds like great fun to be had.

frootdog
10-07-2010, 10:04 PM
What night???..Rodeo night...acccident night..Friday night ya goon!!!..;)..(12th..NOT THE 13TH..:D)

Just make sure you call when you get in.

Dirthawking
10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Just make sure you call when you get in.

He will, from jail! http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/Motownmaniax/Images2/prison.gif

Lowachi
10-08-2010, 12:56 AM
He will, from jail! http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/Motownmaniax/Images2/prison.gif

The problem is , he probably did do ittoungeout:D just doesn't remember! Lookijn forward to it - regardless, or in cause of it:D

forestfalcon
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM

I talked to you on the phone a couple of years ago, and you told me your name was Hannah.

Man, this must be what it feels like to be the guy in the bar that gets a six digit phone number from a pretty girl... ;)

frootdog
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I talked to you on the phone a couple of years ago, and you told me your name was Hannah.

She's conflicted. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Her name tag she is wearing in the pics she posted even says her name is Hannah. http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=149388&postcount=215

sharptail
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
"mirror, mirror on the wall". I am just lovin it!!

longwinger2010
10-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I think Hannah is her first name...

Peregrine At Heart
10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I think I'll be staying in the Gypsy camp......LOL Anybody up for some shots of UV Blue vodka with me?? At least I won't have to climb up any stairs or push buttons on an elevator to get back to my room once I'm too toasted to walk properly.... LOL

Lowachi
10-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Gonna make a sign for this conclave.http://www.nafex.net//images/icons/icon6.gif What are we gonna call it? Maybe start a different thread and have Mario do a poll? The Nafex/NAFA Gypsy Hawkers Encampment? Will start working on the artwork inbetween my other sign work But need to lock down a name/title. So get yer imaginations & juices flowing here.confusedd

Elinay
10-09-2010, 02:47 AM
I think Hannah is her first name...

I go by both silly!

Elinay
10-09-2010, 02:48 AM
I actually almost changed my name to Elizabeth, my middle name.

:)

Elinay
10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
She's conflicted. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Her name tag she is wearing in the pics she posted even says her name is Hannah. http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=149388&postcount=215

Yep!

CuCulaine
10-09-2010, 02:08 PM
84 BUCKS A NIGHT..THERE HAD BETTER BE A STRIPPER POLE & A DANCER IN THE ROOM EVERYNIGHT FOR THAT:eek:...Who at nafa is meant to be sorting a rate out then????confusedd...this is crap....Everyone should Get in touch with the Garden City hotel,get a deal done ..and we can all gel on...

Is this with a b/fast and/or some kind a deal on evening meal perhapsconfusedd

(Chuckle) I believe Jennifer Coulson is the dancer in the lobby, utilizing a croc as a prop with all proceeds going to the Louisanna Falconry club (wink).

Dirthawking
10-09-2010, 03:14 PM
(Chuckle) I believe Jennifer Coulson is the dancer in the lobby, utilizing a croc as a prop with all proceeds going to the Louisanna Falconry club (wink).

Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26). This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to the introduction forum (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20) and tell us all a little about yourself. Also please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

If you are a pre-apprentice, apprentice, looking for information of falconry, etc...you will find this section extremely helpful. Please take the time to look here (http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007).

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team

Roper
10-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Justice (longwinger2010) and eveyone else .. you can always go to a truck stop to get a shower .. There is a flyin J truck stop on the east end of town and you can always go there..
for showers etc...
I would have said something earlier but I have not been on nafex for a couple of days here..
I personally am bringing horses with me as we have plans to be hawking on horse back with john arnt as he will have his horses with him also.... and a few english straglers that we expect to walk afoot and beat the brush.. kind of Noble sounding dont ya think ? Are you paying attention here Gary ?
Did I also mention we plan on goin Team roping also .. a certain one of these english walkers are making claims on turning me a steer so I can heel im. I bet he can get it done also.. woop woop.. i bet you guys have not idea what I am talking about do ya. lol?

That walkin stuff is for the birds ,, why walk when you can ride... ?
So we have to go where we can put the horses ?

Tasha55403
10-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Did I also mention we plan on goin Team roping also .. a certain one of these english walkers are making claims on turning me a steer so I can heel im. I bet he can get it done also.. woop woop.. i bet you guys have not idea what I am talking about do ya. lol?

I know! I know!!:D

ukroper
10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I know! I know!!:D

Yep..i know too....lol...
Cant wait David..its gonna be a good one;)..plenty of pics this year too..
Talk to ya soon mate..:D:D

p.s.
Am i paying attention?..
how much does he want & and for what??....lolololll

Lowachi
10-10-2010, 04:44 PM

We already have a Table Dancertoungeout

Roper
10-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I have not been on here for about 3 months I see not much has changed...

Roper
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Krys
now lets focus on something worth while here .. the nafex dinner got any ideas .. I was thinking it should be at IHOP as they are open and we can eat all the pancakes we want !!!! unofortunately they dont have any liquor.. Maybe we should just have a big bon fire and a cook out ... and smoores..

Chris L.
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi David,

good to see you back on

here is the link to the NAFEX dinner. I do not want to discuss it on this thread as this is the NAFA forum. Please post to the poll if you are coming

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=8601&highlight=dinner

looking forward to seeing you again

Chris

Eragon
10-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Chad, are there facilities for camp fires or bbqs available for use? I'd be nice not having to go out and buy every meal for a week.

Also, is there a sure count on the number of people camping?

Chris L.
10-10-2010, 10:14 PM

Ryan,

if it will help, I can do a poll for you guys so you have a more accurate count on who is camping. Let me know

Eragon
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Ryan,

if it will help, I can do a poll for you guys so you have a more accurate count on who is camping. Let me know

That would be great Chris. It would probably be good to let the campground know. I'm definately curious.

Chris L.
10-11-2010, 12:21 AM
That would be great Chris. It would probably be good to let the campground know. I'm definately curious.

Poll is up ;) ... I hope this helps

Eragon
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Poll is up ;) ... I hope this helps

Thanks Chris!

Chad L.
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Chad, are there facilities for camp fires or bbqs available for use? I'd be nice not having to go out and buy every meal for a week.

Ryan,

I'll check on th BBQ thing. I was actually thinking of bringing a small one just in case because i didn't plan on eating at resturants every night myself.
I'm not exactly sure on the number of people. At last count i knew of 11 that are planning on camping that i know of. There may be others that i just havn't talked to.