PDA

View Full Version : hello my names Zack

Zack
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
hey guys my name is zack and i would like to become a falconry ive read several books and such and im currently finishing a book called falconry and hawking by glasier and i have also looked into getting a sponcer i have contacted wildlife fish and game and haved recived a packet of inforamtion as such ....

well thats about it

peace
Zack

gos'n
06-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Welcome Zack.

harrishawk_79
06-02-2010, 09:25 PM
welcome and good luck on becoming a falconer and enjoy all the good reads on here

Zack
06-02-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks for the welcomes and i hope to learn.....lots so i can one day be a master falconry.....but baby steps first lol

frootdog
06-02-2010, 10:51 PM
thanks for the welcomes and i hope to learn.....lots so i can one day be a master falconry.....but baby steps first lol

Welcome. It is falconer. You are a falconer. The sport is falconry.(welc)

Zack
06-02-2010, 10:53 PM
cool.......good to know thanks lol

Chris L.
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Zack ( AKA Bishop, Zeus, rachel from IT, and Cool guy 101)

I really don't have time for this.

take a look here bud. http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/98.19.207.40 You do not live in Alaska. You are the same guy I have banned over and over. Please go elsewhere.

You cannot hide from your grammar or your IP address.

Mr Bishop , you are really digging yourself a deep hole in the falconry community. We are a tight group with a very small membership. Please realize that the falconers you are lying to and trying to deceive are the same ones who hold your falconry future in their hands.

GONEHAWKN
06-03-2010, 05:13 AM
you know what gave it away for me? he keeps spelling sponsor "sponcer"...i hope the boys in Kentucky are taking note of this guy......

Zarafia
06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
you know what gave it away for me? he keeps spelling sponsor "sponcer"...i hope the boys in Kentucky are taking note of this guy......

PMSL! Yep, that's what I noticed! And, yes, I hope the guys in Kentucky are paying attention.

Mzingie
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Would imagine after all these posts he'd realize it isnt spelled "sponcer"...

frootdog
06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Would imagine after all these posts he'd realize it isnt spelled "sponcer"...

But he needs a sponcer to be a master falconry!:D

SGC
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Have to give the guy a little credit...he keeps trying.

zeus
06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Okay guys this is Zack, Zeus, Bishop,Cool Guy 101......first of all I would like to apologize for the deception ….it was uncalled for and unfair for me to do to you guys.... next I would like to say that I didn't mean to be a nuisance or a burden or bother you guys in anyway if I did I was only seeking knowledge needed to become a great falconer.....and the only reason I made other names was my orginal “zeus” was banned so I made others to try to obtain a good source of information.....
I am sorry I lied. I apologize for not being honest and 100%. Please give me another chance, you won't be disappointed. Thank you for listening.
However I did not have the name rachel from IT......and thanks for the props steve

Bishop

jballone
06-03-2010, 09:31 PM
You only get one chance to make a first impression

David
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
We are...........

frootdog
06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
We are...........clapp:D

SGC
06-04-2010, 07:21 AM
You only get one chance to make a first impression

...and first impressions mean a lot.

forestfalcon
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Alright, so the kid made a mistake. He apologized. He introduced himself, told us his name. No reason to black ball him out of the sport simply because he didn't have proper forum etiquette. crazyy

tony123abc
06-04-2010, 11:18 AM
He lied and according to the Chris, he lied several times. Seems to me to show a pattern. Ask yourself why is he doing this? There is something amiss.

REYNALDO
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
one of the hardest thing for me when i started was finding a sponsor. i would advise you to be respectful here or outside of this web site. you can take your test do whatever elsse you need to do but without a sponsor your stuck and everything you worked hard for will be useless.
so what i have heard from alot of people is..."it's there (prostective sponsors) ball game and you have to play it".

good luck!

zeus
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
the only reason that i made other names is because i was trying to gain access to this website.....and in the rules it states that you must introduce your self....right...so i made up stuff...which was wrong...but i did apologize for my wrongs...and if you dont want to forgive me thats cool....theres nothing esle i can do except apologize again.....

RyanVZ
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Outta curiosity how old are you Zack?

zeus
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Outta curiosity how old are you Zack?

im old enough to know what i did was wrong....and thats the improtant issue here right?

Bishop

jballone
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
His profile at the Apprentice Falconry forum indicates he's 22 y/o and a student at Campbellsville University

RyanVZ
06-04-2010, 02:31 PM
im old enough to know what i did was wrong....and thats the improtant issue here right?

Bishop

Actually I was asking because there is a minimum age to be a falconer that varies a bit between states. I was attempting to be helpful. But now I am not. Good luck to ya.

zeus
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
sorry im used to people ganging up on me here....im 22 and yes i am a current student at campbellsville universtiy also i would like to thank the people that are trying to be helpful....and im sorry if i seemed to be short i dont mean to be....just tired of being bashed

Bishop

SGC
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
He lied and according to the Chris, he lied several times. Seems to me to show a pattern. Ask yourself why is he doing this? There is something amiss.
And (correct me if I'm wrong) if I understood one of the posts correctly (in the beginning when all of this started, when Zack was Zues) I thought he threatened Chris with having his website or this forum shutdown, I don't remember which so as I say, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know who Zack, Zeus, Bishop,or Cool Guy 101 thinks he is, but he sure started of on the wrong foot. I know he has apologized and I believe in second chances. My idea is to put it to a private forum vote if possible, a vote where he can't see the results as to whether or not he is allowed to join NAFEX.

zeus
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Thats fine if you wish to do that just know...that i did apologize, and have tried to make a minze. I have layed it all out on the table and have tryed my best and still you wish to poke and prod me; but, still i remain calm (or try to be)...however i guess if you wish to ban me fine theres nothing else i can do...and once again thank you guys that were helpful and tryed to make everything cool...

also i only said that out of anger and do not have the means to do such things....come on really would i really try this hard to make everything right with you guys if that were the case..

Bishop

robruger1
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
and have tried to make a minze.

No way you can be a college student, 22 maybe, but not a college student with spelling like that. It "amends" not "a minze", just ask your "sponcer"........crazyy

Mzingie
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
No way you can be a college student, 22 maybe, but not a college student with spelling like that. It "amends" not "a minze", just ask your "sponcer"........crazyy

Yeah that's what i was thinking. Unless he has dyslexia.

Saluqi
06-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Alright, alright, let's just calm down and get back on topic.

Bishop, I would recommend that you lurk here and not post or ask questions until a time where you have a sponsor and are well down the road to becoming a falconer. The folks here on NAFEX all care a lot for this forum and the community in general, they are all unofficial moderators and are not constrained by the PC approach that I must use as an official moderator. Heed my word, read all of the old posts, there's a goldmine of information contained in the archives, use the search function and research the topics that you have questions about. Once you're educated and have proven to a sponsor that you are a worthy candidate for falconry, then come back and ask questions and folks will respond in a positive manner towards you.

frootdog
06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Something's fishy!

jfseaman
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Excuse me but...

"I'm sorry, now can I have what I want" doesn't cut it with me.

For me, any help we give Zack/Zues/Bishop/Cool Guy 101 is rewarding bad behavior. We wouldn't do it with our birds, or dogs so I recommend we don't do it with this guy.

I agree with Krys, something stinks.

We are not an exclusive world but we are a small world. Many come on here full steam ahead and demanding answers. In point of fact, the last one was also a student who started off badly, claiming we 'ganged up' on him. He is either gone or lurking and learning.

To Zack/Zues/Bishop/Cool Guy 101

None of these are your real name, 'Bishop' is what my friends call me doesn't cut it.

We are not 'ganging up' on you. you invaded our community. Perhaps you should back off and start over in a couple months.

forestfalcon
06-04-2010, 07:15 PM
My goodness. There are some bored falconers out there. Must be the molt. This thread is easily the kind of stuff I've read on that "other" forum. There's not really a need to ostracize the guy because he has bad spelling. There's a fair share of bad spellers on here that ARE falconers.
He made some mistakes, but he's trying to apologize. You don't have to be BFFs with him, or even sponsor him, heck, I don't even know him! But he is trying to make things right, so let's all relax a bit?.... fishslap

hawkstir
06-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Alright, alright, let's just calm down and get back on topic.

Bishop, I would recommend that you lurk here and not post or ask questions until a time where you have a sponsor and are well down the road to becoming a falconer. The folks here on NAFEX all care a lot for this forum and the community in general, they are all unofficial moderators and are not constrained by the PC approach that I must use as an official moderator. Heed my word, read all of the old posts, there's a goldmine of information contained in the archives, use the search function and research the topics that you have questions about. Once you're educated and have proven to a sponsor that you are a worthy candidate for falconry, then come back and ask questions and folks will respond in a positive manner towards you.

My two cents worth is that I feel this is sound advice.
Best of luck to you.

sevristh
06-04-2010, 07:37 PM
You don't have to be BFFs with him...

LMAO!!! Been a long time since I heard that term used Jenni... toungeout

forestfalcon
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
LMAO!!! Been a long time since I heard that term used Jenni... toungeout

I'm stuck in the past. I still say ridiculous things like "just Joshing" or "rad." You wanna be my BFF? :D

sevristh
06-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm stuck in the past. I still say ridiculous things like "just Joshing" or "rad." You wanna be my BFF? :D

Only if you still wear leg-warmers! Hahaha!

Dirthawking
06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
oh goody.... toungeout

forestfalcon
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Only if you still wear leg-warmers! Hahaha!

You betcha. Leg warmers, slap bracelets, and swatch watches.

Squirrelhawkin
06-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Alright, so the kid made a mistake. He apologized. He introduced himself, told us his name. No reason to black ball him out of the sport simply because he didn't have proper forum etiquette. crazyy

If he's really 22,he's not a kid. I can see a 12-13 year old doing something like this for attention,not a grown man. If you're going to act like an a$$h*!e then be prepared to be treated like one.
Oh,and Zack,Zuess,Bishop,Snoopy,Barney,whatever you call yourself now, You said "just tired of being bashed", THEN DON"T ACT LIKE AN A$$!!!!!!!

Now THAT is "Rad" maybe even "Gnarly"toungeout

Joby
06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Heck...this thread is almost gett as entertaining as some of the stuff that I read on IFF! Now where did I put that bowl of ice cream. : )

jfseaman
06-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Heck...this thread is almost gett as entertaining as some of the stuff that I read on IFF! Now where did I put that bowl of ice cream. : )
There is an important difference: On the IFF, idiots and not quite falconers play god and make fun anyone of or otherwise providing uneducated opinions on almost any topic. Here, licensed, educated falconers are demonstrating that idiots and high minded youths need to learn a bit before playing that they are gods.

Chris L.
06-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Bishop,

I will close this thread. You have been given a dose of falconry reality and how falconers don't take kindly to deception. Falconers do not like outsiders to begin with and when an outsider steps out of line it is a huge red flag for us. I told you it was going to be hard to get into good graces after what has happened. I am sorry it has turned out this way but honestly you made your bed.

Thank you for the apology I appreciate you stepping up to the task.

My advice is as you have been told, Stop posting and read. You are going to find that falconers are very protective of this sport. This is not a hobby for us, it is a way of life. It encompasses every part of our beings. You struck a deep nerve with the community.

I believe in second chances and that people do make mistakes. Good luck with your quest in becoming a falconer.