PDA

View Full Version : NAFA Director At Large 2010

Ron Clarke
06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

Fred Seaman and I are running for the open Director At Large seat on the NAFA Board of Directors. A NAFEX forum participant suggested each candidate start a thread to answer questions and state positions. Fred has already opened one, but I contacted him before I did the same, thinking if we did a joint thread, it'd be more convenient and easier to follow. He was amenable to that idea, so here we are.

For whatever it's worth, I'll open a thread alone, too -- but I suspect and prefer people will use this joint site.

I look forward to the discussion.

jfseaman
06-29-2010, 07:48 AM
If you have a question to direct to both of us, please use this thread.

Tony James
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Ron, hi Fred.

Over here it's quite a rarity to have more than one candidate offering themselves to fill a post, and usually, if more than one steps forward, it's an indication of a certain rivalry of ideas or personalities.
I'm interested to know if each of you, should you not be elected, intends to support the other and offer your services to NAFA in some other capacity?

Best wishes to you both,

Tony.

Ron Clarke
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Tony,

Of course I'll support Fred if he's elected. Whomever assumes this directorship is going to need all the help he can get! And yes, I'll continue to give my time and energy to NAFA in either outcome. I have been working with NAFA's Conservation and Technical Advisory Committees on any number of projects and would like to keep that up.

robruger1
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Fred.....

In the past on this forum you have demonstrated some very childish actions, for instance signing every post for while with "But what would I know" because of a dispute you had with another member where they insinuated that you didn't know what you were doing. I don't know if you know what you are doing as far as falconry goes, I don't know you, and I honestly don't care, that is not my point. I simply was kind of "put off" by your behaviour after that incident. It would have looked far better for you to have moved on instead of continuing the drama with your constant remarks in every thread you posted in by adding "but what would I know" after every post. Just curious what answer you may have for this. I myself am guilty of similar offenses as I can be a bit of a "hothead", but I'm not running for office and would expect to have to answer for myself if I did run. Remember you are running for an office where you will be representing us and we need to be sure that our representation won't make us look bad if someone offends them and they don't know how to handle it properly.

jfseaman
06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi Ron, hi Fred.

Over here it's quite a rarity to have more than one candidate offering themselves to fill a post, and usually, if more than one steps forward, it's an indication of a certain rivalry of ideas or personalities.
I'm interested to know if each of you, should you not be elected, intends to support the other and offer your services to NAFA in some other capacity?

Best wishes to you both,

Tony.
Absolutely.

jfseaman
06-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Fred.....

In the past on this forum you have demonstrated some very childish actions, for instance signing every post for while with "But what would I know" because of a dispute you had with another member where they insinuated that you didn't know what you were doing. I don't know if you know what you are doing as far as falconry goes, I don't know you, and I honestly don't care, that is not my point. I simply was kind of "put off" by your behaviour after that incident. It would have looked far better for you to have moved on instead of continuing the drama with your constant remarks in every thread you posted in by adding "but what would I know" after every post. Just curious what answer you may have for this. I myself am guilty of similar offenses as I can be a bit of a "hothead", but I'm not running for office and would expect to have to answer for myself if I did run. Remember you are running for an office where you will be representing us and we need to be sure that our representation won't make us look bad if someone offends them and they don't know how to handle it properly.
I don't want to look good, I want to protect falconry. Mine and every other falconers. I was trying to point out that the personal attack was allowed on this forum with no support or question of the facts. No one stepped in to question the basis for the attack.

The venue dictates the tool, in this case, an internet forum. If it were a meeting with FWS or state FG, not an appropriate tool.

FredFogg
07-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Fred.....

Rob, what you are referring to came across to me that Fred has a sense of humor, which I believe everyone needs in this type of position. If it irritated you, well, as you said, it might be because you are a bit of a "hothead". I think having someone with a sense of humor would be much better than having a hothead for a director at large. Just my humble opinion!

Personally, I think Fred and Ron would both make great directors and to be honest, I haven't made my decision yet. I will keep listening to their views and vote according to the one that I feel represents my views on falconry and what NAFA needs to do in the future. Again, I think both would do a great job!

joekoz
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Personally, I think Fred and Ron would both make great directors

I agree and hope that the one who doesn't make it runs the next time an opportunity opens. My sense is that the organization need an infusion of new blood and would greatly benefit from having both of these guys on the board.

Also, regarding Rob's concern about Fred's "But what would I know" comment. I remember reading the comment when it was made and thinking good for you for handling the comment that drew the response in a mature way.

Ron Clarke
07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi all,

I'm soon off to Whitehorse, Yukon for the greatest softball tournament on Earth, followed by a bit of a road trip. I'll be off line until the end of the month or so, unless I can connect here and there along the way. Since the roaming charges in Canada are incredible, I'll probably be mostly unavailable by phone, too. Looking forward to renewing our conversation when I return.

Ron Clarke
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Back in the electronic saddle again. Let the conversation continue!