PDA

View Full Version : Any News?

Chris L.
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I was wanting to know if any updates with AFC? Anything in the works?

Just curious....

frootdog
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I was wanting to know if any updates with AFC? Anything in the works?

Just curious....

I have not received an email from them in quite some time now..........

Dirthawking
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
....Bump....

Does anybody know anything about what is happening with this group?

frootdog
08-09-2010, 03:28 AM
I got one fairly lousy email update from the pres a while back, promising more in a more timely fasion, but nothing since. They used to be so good at keeping the membership updated. Kinda disappointing really.

sharptail
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Yuppers...there is news!! Join and become a part of the voice of REAL, AMERICAN falconers. The AFC is alive and well!

Lowachi
09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Yuppers...there is news!! Join and become a part of the voice of REAL, AMERICAN falconers. The AFC is alive and well!

I take that this is tongue in cheek..or have I've been workin' too long today?frus)

frootdog
09-21-2010, 02:45 AM
I take that this is tongue in cheek..or have I've been workin' too long today?frus)

He says that because he is being appointed to fill a vacated director's position.

sharptail
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Working? What makes you think that I work? lol

Chris L.
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM

Jeff

any updates with the AFC?

sharptail
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Jeff

any updates with the AFC?It was finally necessary for Hal to step down as Mt. director.
Elections are coming soon.
We are now having field meets yearly and this years will be in El Dorado Ks., the week before Thanksgiving, again.
President Meeker sent out 2 emails, one a summary of mins. from the recent board meeting, and another singing the prases of a Colorado falconer for getting non resident take included in the new regs there, and asking individual to work on this in dealing with there own state, as the new regs are worked out around the country

sharptail
09-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Working? What makes you think that I work? lolJust ask my boss...he will set you straight!

Dirthawking
09-22-2010, 09:29 AM
... and another singing the prases of a Colorado falconer for getting non resident take included in the new regs there...

Just to clarify. It was NOT the work of one falconer to get non resident take in Colorado. It WAS the work of the Colorado Hawking Club, Falconers for Chapter 6 (F2C6), and every falconer that showed up at meeting with the Division of Wildlife. It is a slap in the face to every falconer in Colorado to try and lay claim to one falconer, and in fact very wrong!

Roper
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
so what is the plan for el derado ka this year .. when are people going are you guys going to the same hotel how bout some postive info instead of being on the rub .... lets focus on hawking and game ..

wy cant we be friends , why cant we be friends... I dont remember who's song that is but sing along..

Saluqi
10-10-2010, 08:29 PM
wy cant we be friends , why cant we be friends... I dont remember who's song that is but sing along..

Ironic, I think it may have been War.

Ron Clarke
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Ironic, I think may have been War.

It was indeed War.

Roper
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Ya Ron I think you are right ...Huh !!! Ahh!! what are we fightin for .... Absolutely nothing ... sound familiar... lol.

Roper
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Oops I quess it was Paul who noted it first then Ron
www.lyricsdepot.com (http://www.lyricsdepot.com) WarLyrics.
I see you standing in the Welfare line, i see you standing there all the time.. Why cant we be friends ,,why cant we be friends...

sharptail
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
so what is the plan for el derado ka this year .. when are people going are you guys going to the same hotel how bout some postive info instead of being on the rub .... lets focus on hawking and game ..

wy cant we be friends , why cant we be friends... I dont remember who's song that is but sing along..Hi David, we can be friends! The AFC Board has voted to change there meet schedual from every other year to yearly. The one this year will be at the same place as last year...The Best Western at El Dorado KS., Oct 15-20. AFC pres. Bill Meeker is working on the details and anouncement.

jfseaman
10-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi David, we can be friends! The AFC Board has voted to change there meet schedual from every other year to yearly. The one this year will be at the same place as last year...The Best Western at El Dorado KS., Oct 15-20. AFC pres. Bill Meeker is working on the details and anouncement.
I'm booked at the hotel. I'll arrive Tuesday though, gonna visit mom in KC MO first.

sharptail
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi David, we can be friends! The AFC Board has voted to change there meet schedual from every other year to yearly. The one this year will be at the same place as last year...The Best Western at El Dorado KS., Oct 15-20. AFC pres. Bill Meeker is working on the details and anouncement.Opps, wrong month...It is November.

sharptail
10-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Yup, got my reservations also!

Chris L.
10-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi David, we can be friends! The AFC Board has voted to change there meet schedual from every other year to yearly. t.

Jeff,

that is great news. Thank you for the update and the information

sharptail
10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Chris, will you be attending the AFC meet this year then? It would be great to finally meet you!

Chris L.
10-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey Chris, will you be attending the AFC meet this year then? It would be great to finally meet you!

Hi Jeff,

No I cannot make it this year. I am doing some hawking in Texas and then headed to NAFA for a few days then back to Texas. I couldn't get the time off for both.

I am hoping to make it next year though. Please keep us informed on the location.

Please take plenty of pictures and let us know how it went. I know you guys are going to have a blast.

Roper
10-22-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks Jeff
I am headed that away as I try to go hawking etc the week befor nafa as I only stay till the wednesday before thanksgiving as i hava a pact I made with my daughter to not miss the family day...
so I am sure we will be stopping by to visit and do some hawking and then slowly working toward Dodge city .. by weeks end . as I am sure I will be joining and have a crew from England stoppin in to say Ello ..

sharptail
10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
thanks Jeff
I am headed that away as I try to go hawking etc the week befor nafa as I only stay till the wednesday before thanksgiving as i hava a pact I made with my daughter to not miss the family day...
so I am sure we will be stopping by to visit and do some hawking and then slowly working toward Dodge city .. by weeks end . as I am sure I will be joining and have a crew from England stoppin in to say Ello ..I look forward to it!

I will try to get the meet info nailed down this time...The meet Motel is Now the Super 8, and the dates are Nov. 16-20.

Roper
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
jeff
that helps , was it at the super 8 last year , can't remember.
I remember the weather being pretty lame so we took off for dodge city as the weather was far better there and we did some hawking there .. I am trying to get my birds in shape but the last couple of days here , we have had these terrible winds (gusts up to 50 mph) I told my friends the other day ..that I dont remember ever having winds like this . hell I havent seen winds like this since I was in Wyoming years ago..

Are people showing up tuesday morning at the super 8 or that night.
is there a plan.. we gotta have a plan .. ya a plan would be good .. lol ..

sharptail
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I was told that it was at the Best Western last year. I will likely show up late Tuesday. I plan to meet with Greg Thomas then. I am not sure what other plans there may be.

Roper
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
jeff
ok thanks
I have a bunch from england that I am going to joining up with .. keep me informed as things evolve..
david.

sharptail
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I arrived here at the AFC meet in El Dorado Ks. late last nite, and first thing this morning while taking the dog out, things started to happen. My room is next to the weathering lawn and at 7:30 Fred Seaman was there to greet the day with hawks and dogs on the lawn. Before I could put my falcons out, I met past president Jim Ingram and his friend from Florida as they were saddling up to head out duck hawking. After a quick shower, more members were on the lawn and I met up with with some old and new friends and the talk turned to non MBTA birds like Taita falcon crosses in the US, and there are more than ever imagined.

The wind began to howl and the rain threatened, and we moved indoors as the talk turned to political goals like nonresident take in all states(including Alaska). I could almost fell the ground start to rumble, and the reasons that I have come here, began to be realised. On the drive down yesterday, I again, began to think of 2 "F" words...Freedom and Falconry, and they meshed. The radio played an old favorite band(Wishbone Ash), and an new song to me...THE KING WILL COME!, indeed, praises and glory to the Lord, most high!

sharptail
11-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I had heard that Steve Layman would be a guest speaker here but felt that I could not quote my source. I see that it is true as I met him here this evening and will go chicken hawking with the whole group in the morning! He is a pleasure to talk too and a true gentleman. I know that my life would not be complete without meeting the true falconry great ones, like Steve!

Chris L.
11-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Jeff,

thank you for the update. I hate I couldnt make it this year. I hope to catch the next one.

Please tell Jim Ingram I said hello.

be safe

Chris