PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Red-tail71
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
My name is David and I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. My life long dream of hunting with birds of prey is coming true. I have taken and passed the written test and have just passed the inspection of my mews. Now I am just waiting for my paperwork from the feds. I look forward to chatting with everyone and wish you all an awesome hunting season!!

Take care, David

Lowachi
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Welcome David. Congrats on the test as well.

thunderheartiii
07-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to NAFEX and congrats on the exam and inspection being passed...Good luck when u get your new hunting partner!!!!

Red-tail71
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you Jim, I appreciate that. I look forward to hearing from you aand sharing my experiences as well.

Red-tail71
07-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Rich! I look forward to chatting with you guys. Good luck on this upcoming season!!

REYNALDO
07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
(welc) and congratulations! i can still feel the excitement of passing all of it! i bet you can't wait for the trapping season! good luck and have fun. there's a ton of good reading here and all the people are very nice!

Red-tail71
07-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks Rey! I appreciate that. Yes, you are correct I am anxiously waiting for trapping season. I saw a gorgeous passage Redtail yesterday only about 20 ft off the road on a telephone line. I even did a couple of drive-bys to see how slow I could go and not scare her off. Come on September 10th! Well,thanks agan and I look forward to talking to you.
Take care, David

FredFogg
07-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Rey! I appreciate that. Yes, you are correct I am anxiously waiting for trapping season. I saw a gorgeous passage Redtail yesterday only about 20 ft off the road on a telephone line. I even did a couple of drive-bys to see how slow I could go and not scare her off. Come on September 10th! Well,thanks agan and I look forward to talking to you.
Take care, David

Usually here in the east, if you see a red-tail on a line, it will be a he, not a she! LOL But you will soon learn these things grasshopper! :D

Red-tail71
07-16-2010, 08:24 AM
He/she was a big male then buddy! Guess a lot of my perception was based on my wanting a large female. Thanks for the info though Zinsay! lol! Have a great day Fred

David

FredFogg
07-16-2010, 08:38 AM
He/she was a big male then buddy! Guess a lot of my perception was based on my wanting a large female. Thanks for the info though Zinsay! lol! Have a great day Fred

David

They all look big your first year, just wait until you start trapping them, you will be surprised on what your guesses are and how wrong they will be! A puffed up red-tail sitting in a tree will look twice as big as one slicked down while it is hunting!

Red-tail71
07-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I am sure. I cannot wait. I will toss some pictures out there when I trap one!

Ken S.
07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey David... congrat's on passing the test and inspection! I look forward to meeting you.

outhawkn
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
(welc) and congats!! Its a beautiful ride.........(dog):D

Red-tail71
07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks Ken I appreciate that. I look forward to meeting you as well. What bird are you flying these days? Where in Maryland are you from?

Red-tail71
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks Bill. Is cooling off there up north? Good luck hunting this season.

Ken S.
07-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks Ken I appreciate that. I look forward to meeting you as well. What bird are you flying these days? Where in Maryland are you from?

I'm in Cecil County. I noticed you're in Church Hill... my aunt and uncle live in your area (over by the "pre-release center").

I've got a female NA goshawk (pictured in my avatar) but I won't start working with her until the weather cools down, etc. I might trap a RT for some squirrel hawking too. Hard to say. This time of year I go a little crazy thinking about all the options while I wait for the season to start. It is also hard to resist an early passage cooper's hawk! :)

Who's your sponsor?

everetkhorton
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
(welc) Dave

Red-tail71
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you Everet I appreciate the welcome. I look forward to chatting with you. Maybe one day our paths will croos at a meet somewhere. Take care and have a great season.

David

Red-tail71
07-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks Ken, I will talk with you soon.
Take care, David

GONEHAWKN
07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
guys i want to tell you that Dave is a hell of nice guy. i know his sponsor well and i am quite sure that he will turn out to be a pretty darn good falconer. only time will tell at this point. i just noticed your avatar Dave. that bird looks familiar;) that sure was a warm day......but it was a good one for sure....

Red-tail71
07-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate the compliment. You are a great man as well. Thank you so much for all of your help. You are truly a testament to the tradition and honor of this sport. That was a great day, in spite of the warm weather you and your bird were awesome! Thanks for such a wonderful memory. I look forward to many more and cannot wait to go to the VA faloconers association picnic. Take care brother!

Your friend, Dave
P.S. Thanks for the photo, I thought you wouldn't mind for I will keep her name anonymous lol!!