PDA

View Full Version : Something really cool, for free?

RLBagley
07-16-2010, 07:47 PM
The Summer Issue of American Falconry was mailed out today, so subscribers should start seeing them arrive early next week. Inside this issue is the new Marshall Radio ad with a fun image of "the Lost Goshawk," created for us by artist and customer Tim Jessell, from the bird's perspective.

We've had quality posters made, and if you want one, we'll send it out to you for free, even covering the postage and shipping tube.

Simply go on-line to see it, and order right from the Accessories page, or follow this link directly to it (http://marshallradio.com/en/north-american-falconry-products/north-american-falconry-accessories/item/537-classic-poster).

Enjoy . . . .
RB

jballone
07-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks, I just requested the poster :D

Also, the Marshall SCOUT worked great as a tail mount on my last RT. Check it out
http://i40.tinypic.com/15n2i9z.jpg

RLBagley
07-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Also, the Marshall SCOUT worked great as a tail mount on my last RT. Check it out
http://i40.tinypic.com/15n2i9z.jpg

That is sure great to see, thanks. You (and your RT) are exactly who we designed it for.

Nice.

RB

RLBagley
07-16-2010, 10:21 PM

Also, notice how a little boy was included in the poster? Kind of just like your picture, a dad in the field with his boy. . .

RB

michaelberan
07-16-2010, 11:26 PM
It only happens once or twice a season, normally when I'm by myself, I duck down to go under some bramble, look up and she has swiped a squirrel off the side of a tree and I have no idea where she went, thank goodness for my Marshall Scout attached to her backpack!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/Titaniumtalons/CIMG3563.jpg

Ted Bell
07-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Agreed- IMHO the backpack is a great advancement in telemetry. Thanks for bringing it to market, and thanks for the free poster - what a great picture.

-Ted

Tony James
07-17-2010, 11:07 AM
The Summer Issue of American Falconry was mailed out today, so subscribers should start seeing them arrive early next week. Inside this issue is the new Marshall Radio ad with a fun image of "the Lost Goshawk," created for us by artist and customer Tim Jessell, from the bird's perspective.

We've had quality posters made, and if you want one, we'll send it out to you for free, even covering the postage and shipping tube.

Simply go on-line to see it, and order right from the Accessories page, or follow this link directly to it (http://marshallradio.com/en/north-american-falconry-products/north-american-falconry-accessories/item/537-classic-poster).

Enjoy . . . .
RB

Hi Robert,

a short note to thank you for the posters that arrived in England yesterday.
A very kind thought that is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Zarafia
07-17-2010, 12:23 PM
I want one, Robert!
I'm going to PM you here with my info (though you guys probably have it there) because my e-mail is acting screwy right at the moment. I hope that's ok.
Beautiful poster.
I would be happy to give you a pic of my FHH wearing her Powermax but thanks to the excellent design and fit of it and her Trackpack you can't really see them at all LOL. If you look really, really closely you might be able to make out the antenna peeking out along her back.

RLBagley
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I want one, Robert!
I'm going to PM you here with my info (though you guys probably have it there) because my e-mail is acting screwy right at the moment. I hope that's ok.
Beautiful poster.
I would be happy to give you a pic of my FHH wearing her Powermax but thanks to the excellent design and fit of it and her Trackpack you can't really see them at all LOL. If you look really, really closely you might be able to make out the antenna peeking out along her back.

Hopefully, your posters arrived by now?

What did arrive here today in our mail was the new issue (Volume 53) of American Falconry, with the Lost Goshawk (now found) Advert there on the inside back cover.

And it really looks great, as originally hoped.

RB

bama000
07-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Please include a catalog with my poster order. I will be needing to purchase telemetry shortly. Thanks for the outstanding customer considerations.

Eragon
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Poster is great! Thanks! I'm definately going to keep Marshall in mind for my next telemetry purchase! Great products and great service!

jballone
07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
I received my poster a couple days ago and it looks great!

Thanks again!

goshawkr
07-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Enjoy . . . .
RB

Rob,

I saw this thread after I recieved my copy of American Falconer. As I was flipping through the magazine, back to front, that Ad really caught my eye. Very nice work.

Of course, as a goshawk fanatic, you couldnt have better bait to get my attention. I think anyone who has flown goshawks for very long has been in that exact scenario at least once.

I just placed an order for my poster - I am looking forward to its arrival.

Its the little things like this that make me proud to patronize your company as a customer.

By the way, you and I have talked several times about a product idea I have for you - if now is a good time to restart those talks, send me a PM with an address to contact you with and we can talk it over. Hopefully this time neither of us will drop the ball until we determine if it has any merrit.

All the best,

hawkstir
07-27-2010, 06:38 AM
I received my poster a couple days ago and it looks great!

Thanks again!

Same here.

RLBagley
07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Please include a catalog with my poster order. I will be needing to purchase telemetry shortly. Thanks for the outstanding customer considerations.

Hello Michael-

Sorry to say we actually haven't done a printed Product Catalog (for the US anyway) for a while now, as all efforts have gone into the website as the quickly evolving alternative. We can make changes and additions there so much faster and then the world can see it immediately. And with the Marshall Radio Facebook page, linked now from the Website, Customers have more interaction with us and each other.

So, the best thing to do is just check the website (http://www.marshallradio.com) for News and New Product Announcements, etc and you'll be as current as anybody in terms of what's available or going on.

Thanks again,
RB

Zarafia
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Hopefully, your posters arrived by now?

What did arrive here today in our mail was the new issue (Volume 53) of American Falconry, with the Lost Goshawk (now found) Advert there on the inside back cover.

And it really looks great, as originally hoped.

RB

They sure have Robert. And they are very nice. The artwork is beautiful and they are a good size and quality. I'm going to put a modest frame on the one I'm keeping here.
Thank you very much!

RLBagley
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Rob,

I saw this thread after I recieved my copy of American Falconer. As I was flipping through the magazine, back to front, that Ad really caught my eye. Very nice work.

Of course, as a goshawk fanatic, you couldnt have better bait to get my attention. I think anyone who has flown goshawks for very long has been in that exact scenario at least once.

I just placed an order for my poster - I am looking forward to its arrival.

Its the little things like this that make me proud to patronize your company as a customer.

All the best,

Well, very nice.

Good customer Tim Jessell and I had talked for some time about how to best capture that precise moment we've all experienced, after a long telemetry chase, when you finally get a visual on your bird. But to then make it even more memorable by showing it from the bird's perspective ("Hey, how does that guy always find me?") combined with the 1920's artistic style and the stormy setting. When all the conditions are bad, things have maybe gone wrong with the flight (or good) and you're out there on the edge, stress is high, you want to know you can count on your telemetry. So that's the hoped for message there, in "We'll help you find it."

Anyway, thanks again,
RB

RLBagley
07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
They sure have Robert. And they are very nice. The artwork is beautiful and they are a good size and quality. I'm going to put a modest frame on the one I'm keeping here.
Thank you very much!

"Suitable for framing" yes indeed. . . .

OK, very good,
RB

ukroper
07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Is there any chance of putting one by for me to pick up in Dodge??....
Would love one....

RLBagley
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Is there any chance of putting one by for me to pick up in Dodge??....
Would love one....

Well, I would be pretty sure we'll have some more there with us at the Meet for those who've not yet received one.

But is there any reason to wait till then?

(the poster, the shipping tube, and the mailing to your door is all free)

RB

awahl
07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
My poster was in the mail when I got back from camping this week. Thanks you very much for the courtesy. Beautiful print. I have used Marshall equipment for years and have been very happy with the results. Thanks again.

GONEHAWKN
07-28-2010, 12:33 PM
got mine too....thanks. i have found myself in this very situation a few times. so i know the feeling well.....

RLBagley
07-28-2010, 07:34 PM
My poster was in the mail when I got back from camping this week. Thanks you very much for the courtesy. Beautiful print. I have used Marshall equipment for years and have been very happy with the results. Thanks again.

Well, good to hear.

You know it was with our long-term customers like you in mind that we thought to make this available. Obviously, it's a blatant advert, but since the artwork turned out so fun, and emotive, we thought customers might want to actually have them, hang them up in the mews or den somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again, and keep a sharp eye out for some cool new advancements in telemetry coming later this year.
RB

Ron Clarke
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
As a long-time fan of adverts from the "golden age" (Lynn Bogue Hunt, Philip R. Goodwin, etc.), I'm pleased to see you succeed in capturing the feel of those classic illustrations in a contemporary setting. Thanks for a welcome addition to falconry art.

As for what's going through a bird's head watching his/her falconer approaching, the look I got most recently was less relief and more "What took you so long? I have been out here in the rain all night!" Relief? That's what you would have seen written all over my face.

ukroper
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, I would be pretty sure we'll have some more there with us at the Meet for those who've not yet received one.

But is there any reason to wait till then?

(the poster, the shipping tube, and the mailing to your door is all free)

RB

Got mine today ,thanks..it is a cracker...pity its ruined though after being folded in to four in an envelopefrus):eek:...think ill get one in Dodge now after all!!!!....

RLBagley
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Got mine today ,thanks..it is a cracker...pity its ruined though after being folded in to four in an envelopefrus):eek:...think ill get one in Dodge now after all!!!!....

Hopefully, this is said in jest? We actually send them out it white protective mailing tubes.

Are you saying yours did not come to you in a tube?

RB

ukroper
08-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Hopefully, this is said in jest? We actually send them out it white protective mailing tubes.

Are you saying yours did not come to you in a tube?

RB

Yep...came in an envelope,folded in four(take it this was mailed in uk??)...

this is a lovelly piece of ''americana'' art,so reminds me of the old hunting posters you see in the real old hunting stores i/we come across when we are in the states.and was so pleased when i saw you were sending um out for free!!! ..it aint a problem though,(unless they are gone when i get there in November!!;))..the space on the wall will just have to wait a couple of months!!!...i just soo like the yankee doodles to feel at home when they come over to stay though!!!...

Robert,the free poster,..it is a grand gesture though,and much appreciated....
(that gotta be worth some more of that cherry cobbler next time in Utah:eek:clapp)

RLBagley
08-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Yep...came in an envelope,folded in four(take it this was mailed in uk??)...

This is a lovely piece of ''americana'' art, so reminds me of the old hunting posters you see in the real old hunting stores I/we come across when we are in the states. And was so pleased when I saw you were sending them out for free!!! .. It aint a problem though (unless they are gone when I get there in November!!;))..the space on the wall will just have to wait a couple of months!!!... I just soo like the yankee doodles to feel at home when they come over to stay though!!!...

Robert,the free poster,..it is a grand gesture though, and much appreciated.... (that's gotta be worth some more of that cherry cobbler next time in Utah:eek:clapp)

Well, we will of course save you one for "unfolded delivery" (I do apologize that happened).

These are meant to be suitable for framing and that clearly means they need to arrive in perfect condition.

Anyway, yes, we'll have a replacement waiting for you . . .
RB

RLBagley
08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Also, you can request these Lost Goshawk posters from Northwoods, Western Sporting or Mike's Falconry here in North and South America, since we sent them a bunch of these in advance, together with shipping tubes, and instructions to bill us for the postage used.

So, this will make it convenient for those who are ordering items from one of these North American Suppliers, to just add one poster to the Order, as well.

RB