PDA

View Full Version : FOUND: Juvenile male pere US seamless band RW100095

Fawkes
07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
The BC fish and wildlife are asking our club if we know anything about this band number: RW100095 - a US seamless band.

It is on what looks like a juvenile male peregrine and is a seamless band. I assume they have the bird, they are looking to find its owner. Might be an escapee from Washington state as we are quite close to the border. I thought I would stick it up here to see if anyone on here might know anything.

passagejack
07-20-2010, 01:24 PM
How many toe's does it have? What shape are they in? I know a guy flying one up there (right on border)right now. He has a Im. tiercel with damaged feet and it should NOT be free flying. PM me for more details.

outhawkn
07-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Check both the NAFA and Raptorsnest website for lost birds...?

FredFogg
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Check both the NAFA and Raptorsnest website for lost birds...?

Nothing on the NAFA site or The Raptors Nest!

latham
07-20-2010, 02:07 PM
The BC fish and wildlife are asking our club if we know anything about this band number: RW100095 - a US seamless band.

It is on what looks like a juvenile male peregrine and is a seamless band. I assume they have the bird, they are looking to find its owner. Might be an escapee from Washington state as we are quite close to the border. I thought I would stick it up here to see if anyone on here might know anything.
Let us know what happens with this bird. Assuming it originated in the US, many of us would like to know how it will be brought back across the border. Will the owner need a pet passport, vet inspections, border crossing appointments, etc? Experience tells me this is going to be interesting. Bob

outhawkn
07-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Let us know what happens with this bird. Assuming it originated in the US, many of us would like to know how it will be brought back across the border. Will the owner need a pet passport, vet inspections, border crossing appointments, etc? Experience tells me this is going to be interesting. Bob

I remember several years back a Canadan falconer lost his falcon. It was found in the US and was promptly returned to him without much trouble. I dont what all took place with the authorities, but it wasnt a complicated issue since it had originated in Canada....confusedd

I suppose one guy could stand 5 feet within the Canadian border and another guy could stand 5 feet within the US border and call the bird, then it could cross of its own accord.toungeout:D

passagejack
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I was correct Emily. I just confirmed it. I'll Pm you.

Fawkes
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I've forwarded some info to my club president and will let you know how it goes.