PDA

View Full Version : Lost/Found Bird in Colorado

Dirthawking
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM
This message was sent to the Colorado Hawking Club by a concerned citizen. Anybody in the Denver area lose a bird? If you have lost a bird in the area, please let me know. I do have this ladies phone number, but this was sent out before dark set, so the bird probably is not in the same tree anymore.

To Whom it May Concern,
I don't know who else to write to about this. I see that the mailing address for the hawking club is in Aurora. I live near Mexico & Buckley, and while out this afternoon, I heard a hawk crying. I then saw it fly over (only 50 or so feet above), and it obviously had jesses attached. I have a cousin who is a hawker, so I am a little familiar with the practices. It appears to be a good sized falcon, and is currently just sitting in a tree near the intersection of Colorado Ave & Memphis. I approached the base of the tree, and the bird was quite calm, though aware of my presence. I am convinced this is a captive bird, and possibly lost. Have any of your members recently lost a bird in this area? I am sending this to all of you in the hopes that if this is a lost bird, you will be able to find the falconer that "owns" it. I would try to take a picture, but it would only look like a tiny dark brown spot in a dead tree. lol

Heather