PDA

View Full Version : Ballots are Sent

Flatwater Falconer
07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Dear Association Members,

A quick note to let you know to watch for your NAFA ballot. These were mailed on July 15. If you haven't yet gotten yours yet it will arrive very soon.

All North American voting members may vote for director-at-large AND vote on the proposal to increase membership dues. So I am looking for all members to return their ballots! In addition several directorates are electing directors so those living in those regions will be entitled to cast a vote for director also.

Every vote counts so do take a few moments (away from posting here on nafex.net ;) ) and vote. In our relatively small Association YOUR voice makes a difference. We have well qualified excellent candidates worthy of your consideration. They have stepped up to help out so do your part and cast your vote!
All the best,

goshawks00
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Donna got mine yesterday...

Dirthawking
07-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Donna, Just a quick question of concern here. I saw Eric's post on the NAFA forum. The post I am referring to is from July 19. Has he officially withdrawn from the race? If so, are the members going to be notified? I know all of this has happened since you mailed ballots.

MrBill
07-25-2010, 09:42 AM
That's a good question, Mario. And, I didn't know that. Thanks for passing this information on. I guess I should read the NAFA forum more often :-)

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

frootdog
07-25-2010, 09:46 AM
The post sounded like he dropped out to me. I would not want someone unfamiliar with the new regs and with no desire to be a director.

Flatwater Falconer
07-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Donna, Just a quick question of concern here. I saw Eric's post on the NAFA forum. The post I am referring to is from July 19. Has he officially withdrawn from the race? If so, are the members going to be notified? I know all of this has happened since you mailed ballots.

I haven't heard from Eric since he sent me his bio for the election pamphlet. As far as I know everything is moving forward.

MrBill
07-25-2010, 10:19 AM
OMG! I need to pay closer attention to the date of the posts. Geez! Sorry folks.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

Dirthawking
07-25-2010, 01:11 PM
OMG! I need to pay closer attention to the date of the posts. Geez! Sorry folks.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

What you talking about Bill? I posted this yesterday!

MrBill
07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Mario asks:

>What you talking about Bill? I posted this yesterday!

Well, Mario, your succinct question certainly deserves an answer.

After I read Donna's post and responded to yours, I went to the NAFA forum to see what Eric said. I could not find his post, probably because I don't know how to use the forum effectively (I can barely negotiate this one). So, I thought, "Maybe that was an old post I was responding to." I went back to NAFex and instead of looking where I should have, I looked at the date joined, which prompted me to apologize to Donna and the whole world. I hope this explains my error, as well as my ignorance.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

frootdog
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Bill don't know if you found it or not but here is what Eric said re the mount dir. Not really someone I want running the club. He has yet to answer if this is an official dropping out, but according to Donna he's still in. I hope all in the mnt dir take heed and vote accordingly. " I am totally out of touch with the new federal regs., etc. I have been too busy just flying falcons and trying to live a somewhat respectable life. I do not have the patience nor interest for all the BS. I am tired of trying to affect regs, just let me fly a few more hawks before I decompose along some desertted fence line. Please vote for Paul if you want someone who is on top of issues,(cares) etc. I will vote for him because I respect him as a falconer and an activist. Thanks to those who thought I might be a good director. Sorry to have let you down. Eric"

MrBill
07-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks, Krys, for taking the time to do this. And, no, I couldn't find this post.

I agree with you, it sounds like Paul would be the best choice under the circumstances.

Bill B.
Norman, OK

Saluqi
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't think it's a good thing for Eric to bow out. Neither Eric or I are the perfect choice for all of the falconers in the mountain directorate, and the falconers deserve to make their own decision. I know plenty of falconers will vote in this election as a dues increase is in the offing, I suspect that Eric will get many votes, he's well known among falconers, I'm a newby, and most falconers have no clue, or care to know, who I am. The final vote will determine who gets to be director.

Dirthawking
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
But the question I guess is has anybody heard from Eric?

frootdog
07-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Paul, All due respect, but how can someone that is not interested in the new regs, and interested in wanting to work to better the regs, a good choice? The name brand IS just the issue. Many will check the name they recognize and now that person comes out and says they don't give a crap? Since the NAFA post he's not talking. Sorry but he needs to drop out.