PDA

View Full Version : Nafex 2010 dinner and raffle

ukroper
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Well.its 12 weeks to the day and i will be returning to my second home,so i think its time to sort this out..gonna nominate Krys,Mario & that sexy bitchhh Miss Quick to sort it out...;)

I will contribute 5 dvds to the fray to start it off...:D
Imprint goshawk 1&2
Battles on the high ground
The Falcon Gentle
The road to Bakersrfeild
Urban goshawk
Urban Harris Hawk

(i know thats more than 5confusedd..said i could hawk..said nothing about counting..toungeout)

Chris L.
08-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Gaz,

Thank you for donating those. I will be contacting others in regard to the Raffle. I am hoping it will be bigger than last years. Please bring them to NAFA and I will get them from you at the dinner.

Krys is helping to get the dinner spot squared away. We have been emailing back and forth regarding the day. It looks like tuesday at 7pm.

Here is a link to the place the dinner will be held:

http://www.stockadecompanies.com/OurRestaurants/MMHome/

I am looking forward to it

I guess now is as good of time as any to start the Annual NAFEX dinner Raffle items list.

Donation List updated 11/16/10

Corporate Sponsors:

Western Sporting (http://www.westernsporting.com/)

1-Dan Leigh: Little Bear Hot Colored Kite
1-Grommet Pliers, Size Medium "0" 1/4"
1-Grommets - Brass w/Washer -Size #0: 1/4"
1-Two-tone Acorn-shaped Bells Size 6

Chris Lynn

1 NAFEX Prize Packs.( Hat or Beanie, Decals, License Plate Cover, Shirt)
1 NAFEX Hoodie ( these are only given out to those who do something very special for NAFEX. These will never be available for purchase.)

Mike's Falconry Equipment (http://www.mikesfalconry.com/)

1-Falconry Vest
1- Falconry Glove

Marshall Radio Telemtry (http://marshallradio.com/)

Telemetry Items

The Archives of Falconry

Heritage Series book, "Life with an Indian Prince"

NAFEX Member Sponsors:

Gaz- I will contribute 5 dvds to the fray to start it off...
Imprint goshawk 1&2
Battles on the high ground
The Falcon Gentle
The road to Bakersrfeild
Urban goshawk
Urban Harris Hawk

Mario- few sets of my paracord jesses/leash combos

Rich- a leather surprise ;)

Emily- donating a hood - not sure what size yet.

Kitty- two sets of falconry ID tags (5 each)

Mike Craig - Braided leash set-up

Brian Kimsey- -orange equipment book

Ken- -Falconry item

Greg Thomas- Launcher Leash

Ben Gibson- Kangaroo squirrel chaps w/ jesses

Chad- half a roo hide

Martin Hollinshead- signed copy of recently reprinted The Complete Rabbit & Hare Hawk.

Dirthawking
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I will toss in a few sets of my paracord jesses/leash combos! Least I could do!

Lowachi
08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Well,....I suppose I can find the time in 12 weeks ta make something upconfusedd.

Fawkes
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I will be donating a hood - not sure what size yet.

I will be shipping a bunch down for Greg Mikkelson to sell for me as I will be unable to make it (again) :(

Hawkmom
08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm donating two sets of falconry ID tags (5 each). See Ebay for photos: http://cgi.ebay.com/Falconry-ID-Tags-ALL-Sized-Raptors-set-5-each-/160438649302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_1447wt_1097

Chris L.
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Thank you guys for donating the items. I have started the list and will update it as items are donated.

I will PM all the members once we get closer to send you my address. If you come to NAFA just bring the items or mail them to me.

Thank you again! This is going to be great!

Dirthawking
08-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Just make sure you get my name right this time! boxingg

Chris L.
08-09-2010, 10:57 PM

;):D.. you owe that to your boys!!! They set you up with that one. I was just the facilitator

frootdog
08-10-2010, 04:20 AM

It was right. Like any good dog your owner's last name was applied. :eek::D

Lowachi
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! and I helped HAHAHAHAHA

michaelberan
08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm hungry

Dirthawking
08-11-2010, 12:50 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! and I helped HAHAHAHAHA

Both of you can kiss it mooon

Eagle Owl
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Both of you can kiss it mooon

And what is wrong with my name? boxingg

frootdog
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
And what is wrong with my name? boxingg

Mario you better HURRY up and answer QUICK!

Dirthawking
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Nothing at all baby!!!!!

Did I answer this quick enough?

Eagle Owl
08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Did I answer this quick enough?

No. toungeout

frootdog
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Tuesday November 23rd @ 7:00 pm (they are only open til 9) we have a pseudoreservation(they do not officially take reservations but I have things under control) for 30 people. NOW let's see a show of hands who will be attending so i can get a better idea and adjust the "reservation" as needed. The restaurant is on the same road as the meet hotel about 1.5 miles away. http://www.stockadecompanies.com/OurRestaurants/MMHome/

Chris L.
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I will create a poll where you can submit if are coming or not. Please include family and friends that will be attending the dinner as well. It is going to be a great time! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Lowachi
08-14-2010, 01:30 AM
me plus 3 at this time

Lowachi
08-14-2010, 01:32 AM
I will create a poll where you can submit if are coming or not. Please include family and friends that will be attending the dinner as well. It is going to be a great time! I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

t'ain't seen ya yettoungeout:D best be wearing the buckle. I'll wear the hoody

Chris L.
08-14-2010, 07:08 PM
t'ain't seen ya yettoungeout:D best be wearing the buckle. I'll wear the hoody

Yeah you missed the very first NAFEX dinner.. it was in amarillo. I dont think you were on NAFEX then.

I will be wearing that buckle for sure. I been wearing it since I got it! Stef wants one now. :D Hows the hoody fit?

ukroper
08-15-2010, 09:14 AM
:D Hows the hoody fit?[/QUOTE]

peaceeVERY 'snug',i would imagine..!!!toungeouttoungeoutmooon

frootdog
08-19-2010, 05:34 PM
me plus 3 at this time

Rich. One of these days we will learn you how to follow directions properly. You need to respond to the pole so we can get an accurate count (or as best we can).:D

Dirthawking
08-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Rich. One of these days we will learn you how to follow directions properly. You need to respond to the pole so we can get an accurate count (or as best we can).:D

Wow! I am so sending you to english class with your daughter! Holy crap.....MUST be a Texas thing!

Martin Hollinshead
08-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Thank you guys for donating the items. I have started the list and will update it as items are donated.

I will PM all the members once we get closer to send you my address. If you come to NAFA just bring the items or mail them to me.

Thank you again! This is going to be great!
Hi Chris,
I’d be happy to send in a signed copy of recently reprinted The Complete Rabbit & Hare Hawk. Perhaps pm me your address.
Martin

Lowachi
08-20-2010, 09:48 AM

Ther yer r Zeke!toungeout

Chris L.
09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
bump!!! If you're planning to come please let us know.

Chris L.
09-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Chris,
I’d be happy to send in a signed copy of recently reprinted The Complete Rabbit & Hare Hawk. Perhaps pm me your address.
Martin

Hi Martin,

I am sorry I just saw this. I will be Pm'ing you. Thank you very much

Takasho
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Just finalized plans (thanks to Chad for making it affordable with the camping!), so I'll be there plus my buddy. Gonna be a fun one for sure!

Chad L.
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I'll be there. I can throw in a half a roo hide for the raffle.

frootdog
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
27 people so far. Gaz are you not coming?

ukroper
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Hmm.yeah,but is two hrs gonna be enough time to eat etc??...i mean,to get orders for 30 odd people and food out plus other stuffconfusedd

Lowachi
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM
they'll play the devil getting us out at 9:00. we'll just tip big<VBG>

frootdog
09-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Hmm.yeah,but is two hrs gonna be enough time to eat etc??...i mean,to get orders for 30 odd people and food out plus other stuffconfusedd

We had the same deal last year. They closed at 9 and no one kicked us out. I'm thinking if they have a party of 30 at 7pm on a Tues night they will be plenty happy.

Meagan
09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I have a simple question to ask...what day is the raffle/dinner going to be?

Tasha55403
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Tuesday November 23rd @ 7:00 pm (they are only open til 9) we have a pseudoreservation(they do not officially take reservations but I have things under control) for 30 people. NOW let's see a show of hands who will be attending so i can get a better idea and adjust the "reservation" as needed. The restaurant is on the same road as the meet hotel about 1.5 miles away. http://www.stockadecompanies.com/OurRestaurants/MMHome/

Here ya go...

Dirthawking
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Tuesday. Please see first post for more information.

Tasha55403
09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Tuesday. Please see first post for more information.
First post isn't very helpful-the details are on post #18 :) Oh, BTW-Ha! I beat you to it!toungeout :D

Dirthawking
09-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Sorry, post 2

Chris L.
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Bump!!

I am still looking for items for the raffle!! No Item is to small.

See here for the dinner info and items already donated

http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=140303&postcount=2

On a side note:

I am debating wether charge 5 dollars per person for the raffle and donating all the money to a falconry organization of NAFEX's members choice. We can do a poll on NAFEX to see where it should go. I think its a great way to get some cash for an organization.

Let me know what you all think

Mike Craig
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Chris,
I will donate a leash set-up. Just let me know what size would be best.

Mike

Lowachi
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Hi Chris,

Mike

Peregrine size:D

Chris L.
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Hi Chris,

Mike

Hi mike,

Thank you very much for donating a leash set up. Your work is top notch and this is a great donation.

What we can do is, have the winner contact you for the size needed. Or, you can just send one you have already made. It's up to you. Let me know

Thank you again for the support.

Chris

FredFogg
10-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Bump!!

I am still looking for items for the raffle!! No Item is to small.

See here for the dinner info and items already donated

http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=140303&postcount=2

On a side note:

I am debating wether charge 5 dollars per person for the raffle and donating all the money to a falconry organization of NAFEX's members choice. We can do a poll on NAFEX to see where it should go. I think its a great way to get some cash for an organization.

Let me know what you all think

Hey Chris, why not have folks that can't be there donate $5 and raffle off one item for all the folks that do that. Kind of get folks on here involved that can't be there as we all would like to be there.

Roper
10-11-2010, 01:00 AM
lame .bring items like the book you donated last year it was a goog read..
cash ..yawn ,,,

Roper
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
is there some place that is open later .. I would not assume they will ok us being there so late .. I would confirm with the mgr. first I hate to have this thing blow up on you (us) etc...

frootdog
10-11-2010, 05:40 AM
is there some place that is open later .. I would not assume they will ok us being there so late .. I would confirm with the mgr. first I hate to have this thing blow up on you (us) etc...

See post #35

Mike Craig
10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi mike,

Thank you very much for donating a leash set up. Your work is top notch and this is a great donation.

What we can do is, have the winner contact you for the size needed. Or, you can just send one you have already made. It's up to you. Let me know

Thank you again for the support.

Chris

Thanks for the comments on the equipment.

That's a good idea-I will make a custom one for the winner to his/her specifications.
I hope you get a lot of support for the raffle.
Mike

Ken S.
10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm planning to come to the dinner... and a friend of mine from Kentucky is riding along to the meet with me to share the driving and do some hawking with me, so I'm putting him down for the dinner too.

I'll plan to bring something for the raffle too (just not sure what yet).

Looking forward to it.

Chris L.
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the comments on the equipment.

That's a good idea-I will make a custom one for the winner to his/her specifications.
I hope you get a lot of support for the raffle.
Mike

Sounds good Mike. I will have the winner get in contact with you once the raffle is over.

I'm planning to come to the dinner... and a friend of mine from Kentucky is riding along to the meet with me to share the driving and do some hawking with me, so I'm putting him down for the dinner too.

I'll plan to bring something for the raffle too (just not sure what yet).

Looking forward to it.

Ken,

that is great. I am looking forward to meeting you. Thank you for the donation. Just bring it to the dinner and I will throw it in the mix!

see you guys soon

NMHighPlains
10-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I'll bring along a couple of copies of "that orange equipment book" and you can throw 'em on the table.

Dunno about the dinner itself, though- I'll have my 6 year old along so I'll just have to see. This'll be his first NAFA meet and he's really excited about going.

michaelberan
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
This years dinner is really starting to shape up nicely, I'm actually kinda excited to see everyone there ..... in a rough gruff kinda way of course ....

Chris L.
10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I'll bring along a couple of copies of "that orange equipment book" and you can throw 'em on the table.

Dunno about the dinner itself, though- I'll have my 6 year old along so I'll just have to see. This'll be his first NAFA meet and he's really excited about going.

Hi Bryan!

Thank you for the donation as well. Gotta love the orange book! Please sign them as well if you dont mind?

Please come and hang out with me and Stef at NAFA. WE both look forward to seeing you again!

BTW, the pigoens are doing great. I have started to get some of those squeakers into shape ;)

Hunter45
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I'll put in a Launcher Leash again this year for your Raffle. Love to promote Raptor Fitness! rtsqrl

bgibson
10-14-2010, 09:41 AM
chris, i'll send a set of kangaroo squirrel chaps w/ jesses

Chris L.
10-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll put in a Launcher Leash again this year for your Raffle. Love to promote Raptor Fitness! rtsqrl

Greg,
thank you very much! Can I pick them up from you at the meet or will you be able to make the dinner?

chris, i'll send a set of kangaroo squirrel chaps w/ jesses

Thank you Ben! I have seen the chaps you make and they are nice! Did you want to mail them to me?

Give me a call I want to talk to you about the dinner t-shirt.

thank you to all who are donating items. I really appreciate it! THis year is going to be good!

NMHighPlains
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the donation as well. Gotta love the orange book! Please sign them as well if you dont mind?

Please come and hang out with me and Stef at NAFA. WE both look forward to seeing you again!

BTW, the pigoens are doing great. I have started to get some of those squeakers into shape ;)

Will do. I have time to ship a couple to Hodge and get him to sign 'em. I don't think there are very many copies out there signed by both of us.

Will do.

I bet they're happy about that! LOL....

Hunter45
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Greg,
thank you very much! Can I pick them up from you at the meet or will you be able to make the dinner?

Chris, look me up at the Dodge House. I should be in Saturday. I would really like to make the dinner, but I'm pretty sure that is the NAFA Business Meeting night, so I need to be there to answer Members questions. If it finishes early, perhaps I can swing by for dessert, but I doubt it will be over, w/Q & A and all, to let me get to the restaurant before 9 pm. Maybe I'll try to swing by the campground.

If it's at all possible, it probably would be nice if a NAFEX member who is also a NAFA member would sit in on the NAFA business meeting. I respect the dedication and enthusiasm of the NAFEX crowd to our sport, and would appreciate them helping to keep all of NAFEX's NAFA members and non-members informed as well by posting their impressions of the meeting.

Saluqi
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Chris, look me up at the Dodge House. I should be in Saturday. I would really like to make the dinner, but I'm pretty sure that is the NAFA Business Meeting night, so I need to be there to answer Members questions. If it finishes early, perhaps I can swing by for dessert, but I doubt it will be over, w/Q & A and all, to let me get to the restaurant before 9 pm. Maybe I'll try to swing by the campground.

If it's at all possible, it probably would be nice if a NAFEX member who is also a NAFA member would sit in on the NAFA business meeting. I respect the dedication and enthusiasm of the NAFEX crowd to our sport, and would appreciate them helping to keep all of NAFEX's NAFA members and non-members informed as well by posting their impressions of the meeting.

Hi Greg,

I'm a NAFEX member and moderator here, and I'm also a just elected NAFA director for the mountain region, maybe I fit the bill?

Roper
10-14-2010, 05:52 PM
paul you will fit in where ever you go.

Hunter45
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Greg,

I'm a NAFEX member and moderator here, and I'm also a just elected NAFA director for the mountain region, maybe I fit the bill?

. . . . Paul. Check my PM to you on this and other matters.

Chris L.
10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Will do. I have time to ship a couple to Hodge and get him to sign 'em. ..

Bryan, That will be pretty cool to have that. Thank you for taking the time to get both signatures

Chris, look me up at the Dodge House. I should be in Saturday..

We will come in Saturday afternoon. We are staying at the la quinta. I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

Be safe in your travels.

Chris

Hunter45
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Bryan, That will be pretty cool to have that. Thank you for taking the time to get both signatures

We will come in Saturday afternoon. We are staying at the la quinta. I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

Be safe in your travels.

Chris

Ditto on the looking fwd to meeting, and TY for the safe travel wish. I've got to get two new tires for my Chevy 3500 (1 ton) truck and just saw in this morning's paper where there is a shortage and price spike on tires! Doesn't it always seem to work that way? Just when you need something the price goes up and/or you can't get them!

Chris L.
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Doesn't it always seem to work that way? Just when you need something the price goes up and/or you can't get them!

Thats my luck too frus)

Roper
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
greg thats called marketing as they know people start thinking about getting tires put on their vehicles befor winter.. !!!!

Chris L.
10-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Western Sporting (http://www.westernsporting.com/) chipped into the NAFEX dinner raffle with a very generous donation.

1-Dan Leigh: Little Bear Hot Colored Kite
1-Grommet Pliers, Size Medium "0" 1/4"
1-Grommets - Brass w/Washer -Size #0: 1/4"
1-Two-tone Acorn-shaped Bells Size 6

Thank you Dave, I really appreciate the donation!!!

Chris L.
10-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I just updated all the profiles of those NAFEX members who donated to the Raffle to NAFEX supporting members. Without the generous donations this dinner would not be what it is. It is my way of saying thank you!

Chris L.
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
I'll be there. I can throw in a half a roo hide for the raffle.

Chad,

I am sorry I never added you to the list. Somehow I missed your donation earlier. As I was going through updating everyones profile, I notice what you are donating,

Thank you!

Chris L.
10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Mike's Falconry Equipment (http://www.mikesfalconry.com/) donated 2 items to the raffle.

1- Falconry Vest
1- Falconry glove

Thank you Mike for the generous donation. I really appreciate it!

The Raffle just keeps getting better

FredFogg
10-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Chris, I mentioned it earlier in the thread but you might not have seen it. Any chance those of us that can't make it can donate $5 and you can give the money to a charity or do as you see fit and there is one raffle item for all of us that do that. Sort of give the folks on here that can't be there a way to be a part of it. Wish I were going, you guys are going to have a blast!

Chris L.
10-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Chris, I mentioned it earlier in the thread but you might not have seen it. Any chance those of us that can't make it can donate $5 and you can give the money to a charity or do as you see fit and there is one raffle item for all of us that do that. Sort of give the folks on here that can't be there a way to be a part of it. Wish I were going, you guys are going to have a blast!

Hi Fred,
I'm sorry I did miss your post.

You know that is a good idea. I wont be able to do it with these donations, as I have stated to all the vendors/members that this will be done in KS at the dinner.

I think what we can do is give this a try when I get back from NAFA. I think what I will do is, get some more donations later in the year then do a big NAFEX raffle and give the proceeds to a falconry origination.

I am not going to do the 5 dollar donation this year as I said it was free. After this year though, I will have all those who want to get in the raffle give 5-10 dollars and we decide at the dinner where the money will go. Even if it's only 100 bucks, its better than nothing.

Thank you for the great idea. We will do this for sure. Maybe we can make it an annual occurrence as well. It would be nice to send some money to those that help keep our sport alive.

Will you make it next year? Come on man come out this year...

Hawkmom
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
I cannot attend. But I'm donating two sets of five (5) each raptor ID tags. I also sell them on Ebay. Chris, email me and I will send the cert. last years cert is not usable, due to the P.O. box which does not forward to the new address.

The p.o. box I used for years is closed (too much hassle with USPS in getting my mail properly forwarded).

New address: 15209 165th Road, Live Oak, Fl 32060

FredFogg
10-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Will you make it next year? Come on man come out this year...

My buddy wants to go next year, says Utah is beautiful. But man, what a long drive! So don't know yet. We may just go out west to hunt for a week, but not that far. He may talk me into it though. LOL

No way I can make it this year, scheduled to work that entire week (6 days of 12 hour shifts) and I would have to take all the vacation I have to get off that week. Wish I could, love hunting in Kansas.

Tasha55403
10-17-2010, 12:42 PM
My buddy wants to go next year, says Utah is beautiful. But man, what a long drive! So don't know yet. We may just go out west to hunt for a week, but not that far. He may talk me into it though. LOL

No way I can make it this year, scheduled to work that entire week (6 days of 12 hour shifts) and I would have to take all the vacation I have to get off that week. Wish I could, love hunting in Kansas.

Utah IS gorgeous! If you CAN make it, you really, really ought to try to get out there:) It's definitely one of my favorite NAFA locations:)

Ron Clarke
10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi All,

The NAFA membership meeting is the same night as the NAFEX dinner. I'd like to do both, but since this is the year's only in-person meeting of the NAFA membership, as an incoming director, I feel it's my duty to make myself available to that gathering. I'll wander over to the NAFEX dinner after the NAFA meeting and will hope to catch as many of you there as possible. I enjoyed last year's dinner and was looking forward to doing it again this year. My apologies.

Saluqi
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi All,

The NAFA membership meeting is the same night as the NAFEX dinner. I'd like to do both, but since this is the year's only in-person meeting of the NAFA membership, as an incoming director, I feel it's my duty to make myself available to that gathering. I'll wander over to the NAFEX dinner after the NAFA meeting and will hope to catch as many of you there as possible. I enjoyed last year's dinner and was looking forward to doing it again this year. My apologies.

I'm in the same boat with Ron, maybe next year we could change the night of the dinner????

Dirthawking
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
This night was originally picked as there is no raffles or guest speakers going on. HMMMM....maybe next year it will have to be lunch! Ohhhh.....wait......we will be hunting then. Darn NAFEX dinner......:D

Chris L.
10-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah guys sorry, it is the best night to do it. There is something going on every night at NAFA. If you cant make it for the dinner stop by later, I am sure we will be there or at the meet hotel bar ;).

Saluqi
10-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah guys sorry, it is the best night to do it. There is something going on every night at NAFA. If you cant make it for the dinner stop by later, I am sure we will be there or at the meet hotel bar ;).

But wouldn't NAFA members at the NAFEX dinner also be interested in a Q&A with the NAFA directors and president? Based on the threads that show up here it seems like NAFEX members have some opinions that really should be aired to NAFA, NAFEX provides the best discussion forum of issues effecting falconry in North America and if no one from the forum attends the NAFA Q&A then what good is the NAFEX voice?

Lowachi
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
But wouldn't NAFA members at the NAFEX dinner also be interested in a Q&A with the NAFA directors and president? Based on the threads that show up here it seems like NAFEX members have some opinions that really should be aired to NAFA, NAFEX provides the best discussion forum of issues effecting falconry in North America and if no one from the forum attends the NAFA Q&A then what good is the NAFEX voice?

This was my concern for last year's dinner, since I'm part of the meet committee as well...(.I just show'd up abit late for the NAFEX dinner.)
shy of doing it Sunday nite prior, I can't think of a different nite... Since I have an Official Assistant this year, I do plan to sit any of the open meetings during the day, as well as go bunny hawking with my son, it's been awhille.
Now that we have at least 3 directors on here, y'all will have to carry the word back until we can get an alternitive dinner plan. Not ideal by any means, and doesn't add credense to our NAFA concerns by not attending the meeting set-up for just that reason, but I don't see any other way right now.frus) well I do, but I want to attend the dinner.

Tasha55403
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
And Sunday nite is Orientation, kind of important too...:P

Lowachi
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
And Sunday nite is Orientation, kind of important too...:P

true, forgot that part....I have to be there Sunday....Breakfast party anyone??;)

Tasha55403
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
true, forgot that part....I have to be there Sunday....Breakfast party anyone??;)
Hmmm...breakfast is good...except it would cut into hawkin' time...:eek:

Saluqi
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
What goes on Monday or Wednesday night that can't be missed? A talk on squirrel hawking?

frootdog
10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
What goes on Monday or Wednesday night that can't be missed? A talk on squirrel hawking?

It was decided last year in respect to those speaking and due to the nightly raffle that we would have the dinner on Tues night.

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=6314&highlight=nafex+dinner&page=3

See post 83 onward.

There SOME conflict every night of the meet. Short of doing it Sat before the meet we can't make everyone happy.

Lowachi
10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Hmmm...breakfast is good...except it would cut into hawkin' time...:eek:

get up earliertoungeout

Chris L.
10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah in a perfect world we could make it work. None of the nights will work for everyone. Maybe we can change it next year. We are to close now to change it. If you want to go to NAFA meeting I fully understand and encourage those to attend. NAFEX is in no way trying to take away from the NAFA meeting.

Try to stop by later if you can't make it

See you all soon

FredFogg
10-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Hey Hey Hey! A talk on the finer art of squirrel hawking is just as important as hearing Ed Pitcher give us his zen aspect of flying falcons! LOL toungeout :D

Tasha55403
10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
get up earliertoungeout
Hey now...I get up PLENTY early! :D It helps when you don't stay up ALL nite, loltoungeout

Lowachi
10-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Hey now...I get up PLENTY early! :D It helps when you don't stay up ALL nite, loltoungeout

one must have priorities! All nite for the owls....sunrise for the chicken hawkers.....But I can do, and do breakfast at the yard!! Whwere ever the need to be...Had a big coffee pot,at the gate/trailer( Irish Cream not withstaaandin'). What better place to start the day than with yer bros? So the biscuits and gravy were cold, the friendship was warm.:Dtoungeout ya know I do it just fer you!;)

Tasha55403
10-30-2010, 07:44 AM
one must have priorities! All nite for the owls....sunrise for the chicken hawkers.....But I can do, and do breakfast at the yard!! Whwere ever the need to be...Had a big coffee pot,at the gate/trailer( Irish Cream not withstaaandin'). What better place to start the day than with yer bros? So the biscuits and gravy were cold, the friendship was warm.:Dtoungeout ya know I do it just fer you!;)
thumbsupp

NMHighPlains
10-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Hey Hey! A talk on the finer art of squirrel hawking is just as important as hearing Ed Pitcher give us his zen aspect of flying falcons! LOL toungeout :D

amennn

ukroper
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Just finished packing up the dvds (see post 1:D) for the raffle,

They are:
Imprint goshawk 1&2
The Falcon Gentle
Game Hawking with the Yorkshire Region(British Falconers Club)
Urban goshawk
Urban Harris Hawk

Good luck to allclappclappclapp

Chris L.
11-04-2010, 10:00 PM
The raffle just keeps getting better!

Marshall Radio Telemetr (http://marshallradio.com/)y just donated some items to the raffle as well.

See you guys soon!

JRedig
11-04-2010, 11:21 PM
If I make it down, i've got a certificate or two from Roger Johnson for 20 quail each. I'll throw them in the pot.

Chris L.
11-05-2010, 03:58 AM
If I make it down, i've got a certificate or two from Roger Johnson for 20 quail each. I'll throw them in the pot.

Jeff

Thank you for that! The raffle keeps on getting bigger

Give me a shout if you make it. Be safe

falcon56
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Chris ,
Are you the one I would send a raffle item to?. If so, what mailing address?

Chris L.
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Chris ,
Are you the one I would send a raffle item to?. If so, what mailing address?

Hi Ray,

yes please send the item to me. Let me know what it is so I can list you

Check your PM for my addy

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Just wanted to bump this one last time. See you guys soon!

Lowachi
11-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Just wanted to bump this one last time. See you guys soon!

SHould be in Friday nite late...good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
SHould be in Friday nite late...good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!

Sounds good man, please be safe. Come find me or I will find you, I have a prize for ya ;)

We will get in Saturday night.

forestfalcon
11-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm planning on going, but I'll need to hitch a ride from the meet hotel. :)

Roper
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Jenni I bet you can ride with us if you can tolerate the 3 english fellows that are with me and their sick low brow obnockious humor by the way not sure on the spelling of obnockious but I am pretty sure it is spelled B-R-I-S-T-O-L...

forestfalcon
11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I bet you can ride with us if you can tolerate the 3 english fellows and their sick low brow obnockious humor by the way not sure on the spelling of obnockious but I am pretty sure it is spelled B-R-I-S-T-O-L...

No problem, as long as YOU can handle riding with a pregnant lady who sometimes cries for no reason. :D

Roper
11-16-2010, 12:38 PM
i hate whining but crying for no reason is problably just fine I listen to it all the time with the guys from BRISTOL

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Jenni if some reason that doesn't work out Stef and I have plent of room.

Congrats on the baby!

forestfalcon
11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Jenni if some reason that doesn't work out Stef and I have plent of room.

Congrats on the baby!

Awesome! Thanks! And thanks for the congrats too! I'm just happy that my "morning" sickness phase is letting up in time for the meet. That would have been fun. ;)

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah that would have made the trip tough. Women deserve medals for going through child birth. I do epidurals on laboring women everyday and i am amazed at what you guys go through. It is truly an amazing process.

When are you due?

forestfalcon
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm only 11 weeks along now, and I'm due June 7th. I'll probably have to cut my season short, as my husband gets a little nervous thinking of me being big and pregnant and running around chasing hawks and bunnies. We'll see how it goes.

On a good note, this meet should probably be pretty cheap for me, as I'm not drinking. ;)

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
On a good note, this meet should probably be pretty cheap for me, as I'm not drinking. ;)

Hey everyone did you hear that?? Drinks are on Jenni ;)

forestfalcon
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey everyone did you hear that?? Drinks are on Jenni ;)

No problem! As long as what I'm "buying" is the same as what I'm drinking.. water for everyone!!! toungeout

latham
11-16-2010, 02:35 PM
The Archives of Falconry will be donating a copy of the Heritage Series book, "Life with an Indian Prince" to the NAFEX dinner raffle. I will bring the book with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone. (And I need to up my dinner attendance relpy to 2 people). Thanks, Bob

Chris L.
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
The Archives of Falconry will be donating a copy of the Heritage Series book, "Life with an Indian Prince" to the NAFEX dinner raffle. I will bring the book with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone. (And I need to up my dinner attendance relpy to 2 people). Thanks, Bob

Bob and the Archives,

Thank you very much for donating to the Dinner. We really are going to have a lot of great items this year. I will see you there!

Have a safe trip

NMHighPlains
11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
No problem! As long as what I'm "buying" is the same as what I'm drinking.. water for everyone!!! toungeout

I'm in for water, although I might get reckless and have a cup of coffee, too. :D

Lowachi
11-17-2010, 12:12 PM

not me..I know what fish do in it :eek:. Jack Daniel's & coke fer me, thank youtoungeout but thanks for the thought?... and congrats on the baby Jenni :D.

Chris L.
11-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Our Own Ben Gibson did another bang up job on this years NAFEX dinner t-shirts. If you need any t-shirts done for your company, or yourself, please contact him. He does all the t-shirts, hats, hoodies, and beanies for NAFEX. His work is top notch and the service is unbeatable.

All of the art work was done by Ben as well. He drew last years and this years portraits on the dinner t-shirs.

I will be giving these away at the dinner.

Thanks Ben!!! Rusty James ain't got sh@$ on you son!

YOu can email Ben here (graphixx@esn.net) or PM him here (http://www.nafex.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1014)

Dirthawking
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I can't tell from the picture......is my name right this time?!?!??! :eek:

Chris L.
11-17-2010, 04:40 PM

yeah it is this time. I forgot to have him add your last name toungeout

Lowachi
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM

It was right last year!!! toungeout did this as favor for Krysie, since he's on the road ta Dodge via "Rancho Stevens" and couldn't respond to "Mr. Quick" ;)

frootdog
11-17-2010, 11:22 PM
It was right last year!!! toungeout did this as favor for Krysie, since he's on the road ta Dodge via "Rancho Stevens" and couldn't respond to "Mr. Quick" ;)

Rancho Stevens has internet access, but very much agreed Rich.:D