PDA

View Full Version : FOUND---> imm. hen Kestrel---Maryland

GONEHAWKN
09-28-2010, 06:40 PM
gotta call from our local DNR office(Annapolis Md)today asking if i could care for this little girl while they attempt to find out who the owner is. i have the bird in my living room. she is dog tame and flying the length of my down stairs for food. she was found in the parking lot of the DNR office and when approached, jumped right up onto the fist of the biologist who found her. Anyway, she is in great shape and has equipment on(had equipment on when found). I was really hoping to land a Merlin this year(lol) not a Ketsrel....

SylverSkye
09-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I hope she finds her way back home, I'm sure she's missed - especially since she's so well trained and behaved!

Red-tail71
09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Good luck Bill! Hope you find her home. I will tell my sponsor if he knows anyone who may have lost a bird.

tumble
09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
she was found in the parking lot of the DNR office...

What are the chances?

GONEHAWKN
09-29-2010, 09:14 AM
What are the chances?

i know right? either way, it ended up there. and now i have it. again, not the Merlin i was hoping to get. LOL....at least it did not end up in a bird cage or a dog crate at some rehab some where.....

Dirthawking
09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Does your state require that Kestrels be banded?

Ken S.
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Does your state require that Kestrels be banded?

Yeah.

jfseaman
09-29-2010, 07:40 PM
gotta call from our local DNR office(Annapolis Md)today asking if i could care for this little girl while they attempt to find out who the owner is. i have the bird in my living room. she is dog tame and flying the length of my down stairs for food. she was found in the parking lot of the DNR office and when approached, jumped right up onto the fist of the biologist who found her. Anyway, she is in great shape and has equipment on(had equipment on when found). I was really hoping to land a Merlin this year(lol) not a Ketsrel....If Maryland requires a band and this bird is banded, slam dunk.

If this bird is not banded, I'd suspect someone learned the legalities and dropped the kessy off where it would be taken care of.