PDA

View Full Version : lost in central new york.

wildman315
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
what up wildman here. still studying for my test and i am saving up some money for a coop. if that is the correct terminology. Im stumped because idk what the correct dimensions would be for a single redtail. anyone have any suggestions? should i build like a chicken coop?

FredFogg
10-01-2010, 11:00 PM
what up wildman here. still studying for my test and i am saving up some money for a coop. if that is the correct terminology. Im stumped because idk what the correct dimensions would be for a single redtail. anyone have any suggestions? should i build like a chicken coop?

:eek:

Jimmy
10-01-2010, 11:20 PM
The windup, the pitch........

skooky20
10-01-2010, 11:24 PM
i think i will will take this one fred.

hellow wild man, first of all welcome to nafex, if you could please sign your posts with your real name it is one of the forum rules because we like to keep it friendly on here. you can go to the user cp on the top left of the screen and set it up to do it on all your posts. as far as the term it is called a mew. the best place to start is to get ahold of dec and get the falconry packet. it has everything you need to get started, and to take you test. and what part of new york are you in. i live up north and we have crazy winters. hawking in deep snow tons of fun.

jfseaman
10-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Keep walking and turn left at 151st street.

sharptail
10-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Keep walking and turn left at 151st street.

I am goin on down to Yasgers farm, goin to join in a rock and roll band, camp out on the land, and try to set my soul free!

Dirthawking
10-02-2010, 12:59 AM

I would not start construction on a mews until you have a sponsor. But a typical size would be 8x8x8 feet, and NO, you should not build like a chicken coop. You are not looking to house a chicken.

From your first post it said you were still looking for a sponsor. Any luck in that area?

Lowachi
10-02-2010, 01:02 AM
The windup, the pitch........

Strike one!!!!:D

Lowachi
10-02-2010, 01:08 AM
sorry, contact your state DNR, and get a packet of info...and start looking for some NY falconers to beat brush for, and go to the apprentice area here and read alot...get informed abit. Lots of info there. And sorry, quit thinkin chickens, think chicken hawk!!!

DLemieux
10-02-2010, 01:11 AM
This is a sport that will take a lot of time and dedication. For anyone here to take you seriously at least put in a little time and dedication into reading up on the sport. Many of us here got into the sport at a time when our only reference material were library books with outdated ideologies and practices but we still put forth the effort to learn. Heck some may only have had an old issue of National Geographic to light the spark. You are getting into the sport at a time when all the information you could ask for is literally at your fingertips. You could argue that by posting here you are trying learn but asking a question and looking for others to give you the answers won't be as helpful to you as you doing the research yourself. So.... to kick start your journey here's a start.

The Modern Apprentice (http://themodernapprentice.com/)