PDA

View Full Version : NAFA Meet- who can we tag along with?

NMHighPlains
10-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Wondering who here is taking birds to the meet and is willing to let me and my outdoorsy 6-year old tag along? He's never been hawking but is really excited about this trip. You will be surprised at how good he is at raptor ID and he's definitely field worthy. I'd like for him to have a good falconry field experience so he can be my hawking buddy.

Here he is at 4 years old. No, he didn't make the shots, but he did walk 1 mile in and 1 mile out with me.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/NM_HighPlains/Hunting/02-12-08_1120.jpg

If you're willing to let us tag along, PM or post here and I'll look you up when we get there.

Thanks!

Eagle Owl
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Bryan,

Between Krys, Mario and I we will be bringing 4 HHs, a RT and maybe another bird. You are more than welcome to tag along with us any time.

Dirthawking
10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Come find either myself or Rich in the weathering yard. We are pretty good at hooking up people with hunting parties.

Chris L.
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Bryan,

You are always welcome with Stef and I. We are new to this area but are pretty resourceful. I'm sure Domski will be along for a few hunts too.

We are staying at the la Quinta. Look us up. You have my cell number from when we met up?

Lowachi
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Come find either myself or Rich in the weathering yard. We are pretty good at hooking up people with hunting parties.

Ditto, I'm sure we can square ya away with pretty much anything you'd like to watch. Will have a sign up board, atc at the weathering yard.:D

NMHighPlains
10-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Between Krys, Mario and I we will be bringing 4 HHs, a RT and maybe another bird. You are more than welcome to tag along with us any time.

Great- between those and Chris that'll give us enough to keep busy. I think the HH and RT stuff will be more exciting so we'll start there. Derek's real big on prairie falcons (that was the last bird I had) and remembers my peregrine, but never actually went flying with me. We may get in a longwing train later in the week, but I know from experience that standing around waving telemetry antennas in the air isn't terribly exciting. :) He fed our summer kestrel and if we can get in on some kestrel flights that might be fun, too.

Looks like we've got some contacts though.

See ya'll'un's there.

michaelberan
10-17-2010, 10:33 PM
We have room in our hawking party for a few more, my cell is 318-572-2594

Meagan
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
I am actually going with just my boyfriend so you are more than welcome to tag along with us. I've got a female red-tailed hawk and a female kestrel. I'm hoping to meet up with others here on the forum and get a good group together. I'll be there from Sunday morning until Tuesday afternoon. PM if you need a hunting partner.

Chris L.
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I am actually going with just my boyfriend so you are more than welcome to tag along with us. I've got a female red-tailed hawk and a female kestrel. I'm hoping to meet up with others here on the forum and get a good group together. I'll be there from Sunday morning until Tuesday afternoon. PM if you need a hunting partner.

Hi Megan,

Dont hesitate to look me up. We will be at the Laquinta. I will be there with my other half as well. We would love to go out with you guys. I will have my Hen harris and maybe the peales will be ready by then.

Meagan
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Chris,

I greatly appreciate it. I'll hold you to that and will look you up when we get there. I am very excited about the meet, it'll be a good one. My boyfriend is excited for the trip as well, I think he wants to finally see my bird catch a jack...its been a silly dream of mine. See ya' there!

-Meagan-

Chris L.
10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Chris,
I think he wants to finally see my bird catch a jack...its been a silly dream of mine. See ya' there!

-Meagan-

Megan becareful what you wish for... after my harris caught our first jack, I was hooked. Shortly after I quit my job back east and move out west crazyy. Thats how infected I became with Jack fever

See you soon. I will PM you my phone number. We will get there saturday afternoon and leave wednesday morning.

be safe in your travels

NMHighPlains
10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Thats how infected I became with Jack fever

I got so infected with jack fever that I started sounding like one, specifically like an injured one since that's all I ever heard. That's when those coyotes showed up.

crazyy