PDA

View Full Version : Hello from CA

Auspex
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Greetings everyone!

I joined the forum a couple weeks ago and am finally getting around to an introduction. I took and passed the falconry exam early this morning and am now in search of a sponsor!

I live in the Sonoma/Marin county area in Northern California - anyone else from around here?

I look forward to browsing the forum for the wealth of information that has been posted here, and slowly getting to know all of you!

________
Nia

Chris L.
11-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Nia, Welcome to NAFEX. Congrats on passing the exam. I hope you find a sponsor soon

Again Welcome and good luck in your quest to become a falconer

Martin Hollinshead
11-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi Nia,
Welcome to the forum.
All the best,
Martin

everetkhorton
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
(welc)Nia, glad to hear you past your test. I would contact the falconry club in CA. In 1975 when I was interested in getting into falconry, I wrote letter to every State Club in the U.S. and CA. was
the first to respond. Good luck!

Auspex
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Good advice Everet! I've already emailed the Apprentice Chair of the California Hawking Club, and got in touch with a master falconer acquaintance in my town to see if he knows of anyone. The season's getting underway here so I hope I can find a sponsor soon.

______
Nia

jason vandewettering
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Welcome Nia. I love that area of CA. I was stationed out in Petaluma for about a year. Wonderful times out there. Unfortunately that was before my interest in falconry, so I can't be a ton of help to you. Welcome again though. This is a great site to find any kind of information you're looking for. Oh, and the CA hawking club is great. I had orders to go back out there in the summer of '09 so I was looking into it. Last minute change of plans and now I'm on the East Coast dohh

Auspex
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Nice to meet you Jason! I love this area...north bay is gorgeous and very peaceful. Lots of countryside, and I've spotted plenty of jackrabbits and other potential quarry around.

The CHC seems great, I'm hoping I can make it to their field meet this year.

Let me know if you're ever sent back to this area!

________
Nia

MadAustringer
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I am in the South Bay...(welc)

johntomo
11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
(welc)

Auspex
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Tom, great to find a Bay Area falconer! What do you fly?

________
Nia