PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vegas

hawknlv
11-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was talking with Ken Hooke and he recommended I check out NAFEX. So here I am.

12 year falconer/hoodmaker. Currently flying 2x Gyr Barbary and a 2X Peregrine. Season is kinda slow down here so far. Ducks haven't really pushed in from the North yet.

Scott Webster

thunderheartiii
11-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX!!!

sakerjack
11-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was talking with Ken Hooke and he recommended I check out NAFEX. So here I am.

12 year falconer/hoodmaker. Currently flying 2x Gyr Barbary and a 2X Peregrine. Season is kinda slow down here so far. Ducks haven't really pushed in from the North yet.

Scott Webster

Welcome Scott,,,For those who do not know him, he is one Great Hoodmaker!! Some of the finest hoods I have seen.
Good to have you aboard..

everetkhorton
11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Welcome Scott,,,For those who do not know him, he is one Great Hoodmaker!! Some of the finest hoods I have seen.
Good to have you aboard..

Welcome Scott, you will have to post some of your hoods, they must be great if Ken said they are good.

hawknlv
11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks. I will.

Of course, it may be a while. I'm a lot lazier than the rest of the hoodmakers out there. Ken, Chris and Jeremy have way more patience and enthusiasm than I do.

Anymore, I make hoods for a small number of friends and clients. It supplies my falconry hobby and a little whiskey too.

Dirthawking
11-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26). This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team

Harehawker
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Scott, welcome. Long time no see.

hawknlv
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey Warren, no kidding.

Glad to see you are still flying. How's New Mexico?

tyler1998
11-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Scott,

Are you Dave's old apprentice? He showed me that hood you made for his eagle with the modified chin strap. Pretty creative. Welcome to NAFEX!

allterrainwarrior
11-20-2010, 07:58 AM
(welc) to NAFEX Scott

johntomo
11-20-2010, 08:26 AM
(welc)

hawknlv
11-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey tyler1998,

Yeah that's me. Although the hood was combined effort between Dave and I. I think I might have the fit down for the AHE. Now to get the fit right for everything else....

BTW who is this?

Scott

tyler1998
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm a new falconer who just got made general. I don't know if dave told you or not, but I'm the one that makes the white PVC Giant Hoods. He wanted some for the show he's doing to release the eagles from, but must have decided to do something else. My name is Jason by the way.

hawknlv
11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Okay. Nice to meet you Jason. Congrats on making general.

Mav1423
11-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi!
Awesome that we have more falconers in LV!

Harehawker
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Scott, New mexico is nice. A lot of really great falconers, but quarry is variable. In my area I have hares, rabbits, sparrow, starling, dove, scaled quail and sandhill cranes. No ducks, pheasant, or grouse close enough to justify a large falcon.Though i did try flying a gyr at cranes and hare for a season. I couldnt keep up with her so now she is up for breeding.Hows the hawking in Vegas nowadays?I was back for a visit a few years ago aand it looked like it was going downhill.