PDA

View Full Version : hello fron northeastern nv

kblunt
11-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Hey all,
I am in the research stage still. I'm 41 been married 22 yrs and have 5 kids. I have been interested in BOP since about age 7or8 when my dad rehabed a great horned owl. With my work load and changing jobs and constant moving I just didn't have the time to dedicate to falconry. Now with the kids moving out on their own and being content in what I do I decided to revaluate and see if its more than a curiosity and if I'd like to pursue it.

johntomo
11-20-2010, 07:27 AM
hello kyle(welc)your kids are movin' out you lucky sod,i have a 4yr old,a 2yr old,a 6month old and a FRT (which is like a fourth kid).

kblunt
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
John mine run from 14 to 25 I had it made 3 out 2 to go and then the 20yr old moved back and brought her husband. :o(

Richard F, Hoyer
11-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Kyle:
Do not know exactly in NE Nevada where you reside but a falconer, Tony, lives in Elko. See the Broad Wing forum and thread entitled, 'ferruge and falcon'. Wish you success in your venture into falconry.

Married 22 years but have a 25 year old you say. Interesting--but kidding aside, I married a widow with two children so could have made the same type of claim.

Richard F. Hoyer

kblunt
11-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Richard,
Actually I heard rumor of tony and was given the address to this board and searched him Out LOL and have been trades messages.
as for having a 25 yr old well its like this he was a troubled teen that needed a strong hand being as his mom was a single parent and legally Blind I stepped in and showed him how to fish and hunt coyotes then told him if he wanted to continue to hunt and fish with me his grades better come up. 2 weeks later his mom signed the papers he moved in and so did his younger brother. My 2 oldest are both adopted ;) and refered to as brothers by my younger trio, come home for the holidays with girlfriends in tow. and I wouldnt have it any other way:D

tony123abc
11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Well buddy, after that post you are guaranteed an apprenticeship with me if you want it. And you won't even need to teach me how to build stuff. And at 41, I won't even ask about your grades. We need more men like you. Tony

kblunt
11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Tony,
Id settle for the coffee and conversation at the moment reading thru some of your posts I think U and I could learn alot from each other. Thing Like how to control dog eating coyotes and places to slip on ducks and chukar with out killing them Out of your front yard.LOL ;)

Thanks for the comments
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/NVWolfer/jerrybug.jpg
My oldest and My youngest about 12-13 years ago

Richard F, Hoyer
11-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Kyle:
Sounds as if there was a bit of 'tough love' involved. Nice narrative. But I have a question: I pretty well know how to hunt coyotes but can you give me tips on how you fish for coyotes? Hah!

Richard F. Hoyer

kblunt
11-20-2010, 09:04 PM
It's a trick that was taught to me by a Inuit friend of my brother. It's quite easy but extremely painful :eek: and frowned up upon by no less than 3 government groups that can make my life hell. frus)

everetkhorton
11-29-2010, 10:48 PM
(welc)Kyle!

kblunt
11-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Ty Everett I'm picking up a lot of ideas from this sight.