PDA

View Full Version : Attention NM and OK falconers!

frootdog
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
The officers and members of the Texas Hawking Association would like to formally extend an invitation to our neighbors in Oklahoma and New Mexico to attend our annual state field meet that takes place Jan 14 – 17, 2011 in Abilene, TX. In the past there has been an interest in a joint "tri state meet" and this is a solution that we have come up with for now versus a separate meet. We realize that NM does not have an organized falconry group and there are no further organized events for the season in OK and want to give the falconers in those states another opportunity to get together, meet some new friends, and have a good hawking trip. A 5 day non-resident permit can be had for as little as $48.

http://www.texashawking.org/2008/Public/2011_Field_Meet_Schedule.html (http://www.texashawking.org/2008/Public/2011_Field_Meet_Schedule.html)

As far as game is concerned longwingers NEVER leave disappointed. The Texas meet has drawn longwingers from ID, CO, UT, CA, MT, AK, WA, MO, and OK over the past few years. Cottontails are not difficult to find. Jacks and quail can be found too.

michaelberan
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Wish I could be there this year, I always have a great time and the companionship and camaraderie is the best, Texas is not short on having a good time!

Lowachi
12-04-2010, 07:07 PM
If ya was abit closer, I'd be there... but my vaca time doesn't renew until the 22ndfrus) but the buckle will be there.....just save me a shirt<VBG>

Hunter45
12-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Wish I could make it, Krys. My wife and I had a GREAT time at the 2006 THA Meet. I'll be in No. CA at my daughter's to help her in her recovery from the accident, and I hope to get to the CHC Meet in Bakersfield this year that's at the same time as the THA Meet.

Say "Hi!" to all my TX (and other states) friends you see there. I'll be coming through TX in late Jan/early Feb and hope to see some falconer friends as well as my brother-in-law (Kyle, TX) and old college roomie, before turning north to return to IN.

Fawkes
12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I missed NAFA but seriously considering making this THA meet - about how many people make it down usually Krys?

frootdog
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I missed NAFA but seriously considering making this THA meet - about how many people make it down usually Krys?

usually 100 - 150

Saluqi
12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks Krys, I'll post it to our state email list.

frootdog
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks Krys, I'll post it to our state email list.

Thanks Paul!:D

AK Rev
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
If I didn't have work in Las Cruces during that time, I would be there.

sniperpilot
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I wish I could be there, but I have this "thing" painkillerr going and I will be a little "disposed" if you will. Have a great time, I am jealous.

AxelFortWorth
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Mike Tigh and myself will be there. And we will bring a friend this time to help you during the raffle. We felt that we did not do your justice last time we helped giving out the prizes. What do you think?

http://www.shareyourwallpaper.com/upload/wallpaper/celebrities-female/vanna-white/vanna-white_4f6af01a_send_to_mobile.jpg