PDA

View Full Version : Arrival of the Dec. Hawk Chalk

Kenn Filkins
12-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi NAFA Members!

The Dec. Hawk Chalk was shipped on Dec. 10. (The online version has been on the NAFA website since Dec. 1)

I want to track when the magazine arrives in various parts of the U.S.

Please post a note here when you get your Dec. HC, please.

This is just a little research on the mailing process for the Hawk Chalk.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

falcon56
12-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Ken,
Received mine today.

robhawkyyz
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
got mine today.. what up with just sending one without being taped shut or packaged like they use to?? mine has corners messed up and folded and it looks like someone read it before i did.

goshawks00
12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Got mine today also... and like yours the postman read it, lent it to several others to read, drug it through the snow, then jambed it in my mail box.... I think it's a great way to send them, unsecured pages riped and dog eared over, it allows eveyone to see what I do, plus when I give them away they will already look like I've spent many hours pouring over it...yes our NAFA money at work..

Tom Scheib
12-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's your US postal service doing another bang up job.

goshawks00
12-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Tom you are probably right... next thing you know they will want to increase the price of delivery, so like NAFA, we'll get less and pay more for it...

Hunter45
12-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Kenn Filkins puts a lot of effort into publishing a quality product. He wouldn't intentionally mail it in a manner that would result in it arriving in less than pristine condition. I'm not home to see the condition mine has arrived, but it will be forwarded to me and I'll let you (and Kenn) know.

How many of you have tried the online HCs? They are really good - ALL the pcs are in FULL COLOR. the navigation through it is first rate, and you can download it, and past issues, for your permanent files. Oh, and if the mailman or post office mangles it, your dog eats it, or you spill coffee on it, you can print all or part of it any time you wish :D.

So, let's cut Kenn, and NAFA, a little slack. If your issue arrived damaged, politely tell him the circumstrances. Let's not forget this is the season we celebrate the birth of the only perfect man to ever live, and remember what the folks did to Him amennn.

GONEHAWKN
12-18-2010, 09:48 PM
on-line is great, but it's hard to take a laptop into the crapper......i will stick with the hard copy thank you.

goshawks00
12-18-2010, 09:51 PM
So, let's cut Kenn, and NAFA, a little slack. If your issue arrived damaged, politely tell him the circumstrances. Let's not forget this is the season we celebrate the birth of the only perfect man to ever live, and remember what the folks did to Him amennn.[/QUOTE]

Greg with all due respect my post had nothing to do with Kenn... As far as cutting NAFA slack... why? Dues have increased $10.00 and for that I get worse service...

As far as hiding behind Jesus as an excuse for trying to excuse this type of corner cutting... I am insulted that you even try that... Jesus didn't deserve what we ( as in you, me, and everyone else) gave him... NAFA does deserve to be called out when they cheap us out...and want us to pay more while they do...

frootdog
12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Is every thread with NAFA in the title destined to go down the toilet and get closed. in 5....4.....3.....2.....

MrBill
12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Krys,

Why do the threads that do not flatter NAFA need to be closed? Doing this doesn't help NAFA's image at all.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

goshawks00
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Sorry all, I shouldn't have voiced my opinion on this the way I did. I have nothing but the highest regards to Kenn and what he has stepped up and did... The rest was my opinion and my defense of that opinion, please excuse my bluntness of both...

Dirthawking
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Okay, I am going to step in here. You all know the rules. NO swearing, religion, politics. So far we are one strike down. But I do agree with Krys here. NAFA discussion rarely turn into a positive thread. Keep it up and this one will get shut down to.

Dirthawking
12-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Krys,

Why do the threads that do not flatter NAFA need to be closed? Doing this doesn't help NAFA's image at all.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

It is not that flattering one way or the other get closed. It is the personal bashing/attacks that cause the threads to get closed. If people could keep the discussions civil, they (the threads) would stay open.

robhawkyyz
12-18-2010, 10:59 PM
we were asked to give feedback on this thread, nothing to cry about...

frootdog
12-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Krys,

I did not say it needed to be closed but stated that it would. Religion and politics are banned as topics of discussion on this site for the reason that they cause too much flat out arguing (not discussion). Any time NAFA gets brought up the same thing happens. Those that hate NAFA use every little nitpicky BS detail to say how much NAFA sucks. Boo freaking hoo your page was dog eared. Quit crying about it and go out and fly your birds (something you can do BECAUSE of NAFA).

sharptail
12-19-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't know who you think hates NAFA, for the record, I don't! I just renewed my membership for another 3 years. Still, I would like to see some SERIOUS changes, there is lots of room for improvement.

Hunter45
12-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Greg with all due respect my post had nothing to do with Kenn... As far as cutting NAFA slack... why? Dues have increased $10.00 and for that I get worse service...

As far as hiding behind Jesus as an excuse for trying to excuse this type of corner cutting... I am insulted that you even try that... Jesus didn't deserve what we ( as in you, me, and everyone else) gave him... NAFA does deserve to be called out when they cheap us out...and want us to pay more while they do...

. . . I apologize for trying to mix too many things and picking a poor metaphor to use in my commentary. I swung a tennis racquet, when I should have used a rifle.

The slack cutting request was just so the facts could be ascertained and addressed as necessary. If the HCs are being sent in a manner that engenders or allows for them to be mutilated, I have no doubt it will be changed.

As for the NAFA dues increase, you should know that the publications accounted for all but about $3 of the prior dues and NAFA had been running a negative cash flow (emphasis on past tense) despite restraint on and some cuts in the various other cost areas. As I recall, the $10 increase amounts to barely a 4%/year increase since the last dues increase, certainly not out of line with other cost increases we have all seen in a variety of goods and services over time.

The Strategic Planning Committee meeting Tuesday afternoon at the Meet included a brainstorming session on ideas to increase NAFA's future income so as to minimize or possibly avoid future dues increases. The list so gathered is being checked out for feasibility, means/methods to implement, and realistic expectation of return.

Your Board and Officers are dedicated to keeping NAFA fiscally solvent, operationally sound, and able to deliver the best possible package of services and benefits to our sport and NAFA's members.

When we work together, we have more than enough talent and energy to meet any and all challenges that may face us.

Cheers everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!

Saluqi
12-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Please keep this thread on topic. Kenn wants to know when the HC arrives in various parts of the country, if you would like to discuss NAFA dues and membership issues either start a new thread, or check the archives for a thread that already discusses these issues. Also, don't post and say that you have not received it yet, that wasn't the question. Thanks.

Saluqi
12-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm serious, keep this thread on topic. I just moved Bill Boni's and Greg Thomas' posts to their own thread: http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=9876

Hunter45
12-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm serious, keep this thread on topic. I just moved Bill Boni's and Greg Thomas' posts to their own thread: http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=9876

I appreciate the discipline NAFEX applies to keeping threads on topic, but sometimes the wanderings lead to another good topic! Let's see how it goes over on "Dues and Whatever".

Saluqi
12-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I have NOT received mine yet.

Hope this helps to get the thread on track.

Haven't received mine yet either.

Kenn asked that you respond when your Hawk Chalk arrives, it does no good to have the date that it didn't arrive, make sense?

MrBill
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Greg writes:

>I appreciate the discipline NAFEX applies to keeping threads on topic, but sometimes the wanderings lead to another good topic!

I agree, Greg--topics evolve. There's no need to put people on notice for this evolution (IMHO). In our case, it isn't as if what was said was completely out of context.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

Kenn Filkins
12-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the input about the Dec. HC. I am checking with the printer/mailer tomorrow (Monday) to see what happened. My understanding was that they would be shipped in a clear plastic envelope with the label on the back cover. It seems they are not in any envelope at all.

This a HUGE problem with me. There is NEVER a time when any NAFA publication should be sent without an envelope. If it did this time, it never will again, even if I have to change printers.

This whole mess is very disappointed, as it was a beautiful edition. Now it's a mess, so it seems. Clearly, there was some misunderstanding about the shipping.

Still, let me know when they arrive and what condition they are in....

And remember this was not the plan (if they are not in an envelope) we did NOT do that save money, and never would on my watch.

Sincerely,

kenn filkins

Roper
12-19-2010, 09:17 PM
I often wonder if we would all be so sharp and harsh in our words if we stood face to face with each other when we spoke, i think not.

goshawks00
12-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi All,

And remember this was not the plan (if they are not in an envelope) we did NOT do that save money, and never would on my watch.

Sincerely,

kenn filkins

Thanks Kenn , I suspected as much from you... and anything I said was not a reflection or in any way meant to construe that you were to blame personally.
Barry

Joby
12-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I've tried to post this three times so far...but it hasn't taken yet. I have not yet received the December issue of Hawk Chalk.

Kenn Filkins
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I often wonder if we would all be so sharp and harsh in our words if we stood face to face with each other when we spoke, i think not.

David,

I'm sure they would not so easily say those things to my face.

My ego is not bound up in the Hawk Chalk. So I take it all with a grain of salt.

I'm the editor of a daily newspaper, so having folks upset with me is common (most of the time when it's not my fault).

I bear no ill will toward anyone who made comments.

I'm just trying to serve NAFA members and improve NAFA for it's members.

Thanks for your comment.

kenn

Dirthawking
12-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I've tried to post this three times so far...but it hasn't taken yet. I have not yet received the December issue of Hawk Chalk.

Actually, it was posted, and removed. As the thread clearly states in the begining post to please let him know when you DO get it. Not when you don't, you would be posting everyday.

Chris L.
12-19-2010, 10:44 PM
David,

I'm sure they would not so easily say those things to my face.

My ego is not bound up in the Hawk Chalk. So I take it all with a grain of salt.

I'm the editor of a daily newspaper, so having folks upset with me is common (most of the time when it's not my fault).

I bear no ill will toward anyone who made comments.

I'm just trying to serve NAFA members and improve NAFA for it's members.

Thanks for your comment.

kenn

clapp

Thanks for trying to make it better for all. I really appreciate your positive attitude and willingness to take on such a task. It is people such as yourself that will keep this organization together.

thank you

Pedioecetes
12-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Right on David "Roper". Thanks Kenn, the online version is super. I have every HC and Journal NAFA has printed and hope to keep it that way, but the online version is pretty cool. My Christmas wish for NAFA is that a lot more contributors to NAFEX would use their writing talents for the HAWK Chalk and Journal. It is not the editors job to find material and there is a wealth of knowledge and experiences out there that a lot of us would like to read.

Kenn Filkins
12-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Right on David "Roper". Thanks Kenn, the online version is super. I have every HC and Journal NAFA has printed and hope to keep it that way, but the online version is pretty cool.

Thanks Bob,

I like the online version too, but I REALLY like the printed edition. As far as I am concerned all HCs and Journals will be printed in hard-copy. The online version is only to get the info to the members on Apr. 1, Aug. 1 and Dec. 1.

And to make it available to new members so they can get the insights and information from the out-of-print issues.

I have contacted NAFex members about items found here and have had a good response from each. I will run one of those stories and photos in the Apr. 2011 HC.

I already did run another from NAFex in the Dec. 2010 HC.

Can you (NAFex members) find it? :-)

Let me know. . .

gratefool1
12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
on-line is great, but it's hard to take a laptop into the crapper......i will stick with the hard copy thank you.

Epic!

Thanks Bill, i needed that laugh!

Of course with an Ipad, taking electronic media into the crapper is coming into its own... and you can play a musical background theme if you want. Why am I thinking the theme from jaws...

Peace all!

MrBill
12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Kenn writes:

>I'm sure they would not so easily say those things to my face.

I agree, Kenn. If there is anything I have learned over the years on these forums is that people tend to be much more assertive from afar.

BTW, I am curious as to why you feel that HC should be in hardcopy, particularly if it will save NAFA a bunch on money. You have done a great job with the on-line edition; it's very user friendly, and it look great. I think, with a small club like NAFA, with limited resources, going on-line is the way to go, particularly in this day and age. No?

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

MrBill
12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Kenn,

Never mind responding to my question about going totally digital. Greg has brought to my attention that not everyone has a computer or high speed Internet, which makes my question a moot point. Thanks.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

latham
12-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi NAFA Members!

The Dec. Hawk Chalk was shipped on Dec. 10. (The online version has been on the NAFA website since Dec. 1)

I want to track when the magazine arrives in various parts of the U.S.

Please post a note here when you get your Dec. HC, please.

This is just a little research on the mailing process for the Hawk Chalk.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Kenn, it arrived in Boise, Idaho on December 15th, in good shape despite not being in any protective wrap. Nice job - good edition, Thanks, Bob

forestfalcon
12-20-2010, 03:02 PM
I think mine came on Friday the 17th. I don't check my mail everyday, but it was on top of the pile when I picked it up on the 17th. I'm a real life Nancy Drew. :D

I guess I should also add that it was in perfect condition. It was not in an envelope, but was fine nonetheless.

Kenn Filkins
12-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Bob and Jenni,

Thank you both for your help with my little survey.

Merry Christmas to you both.

americansharpy
12-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Still waiting for mine

outhawkn
12-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Mine arrived here in Minnesota today( Dec, 20th) in perfect condition. Thanks

Meagan
12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Got mine today. Good job on it!

hawkstir
12-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Got mine today. No protection but is in good condition.

Saluqi
12-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Got mine in NM today, slightly scuffed, but nothing serious.

corny13
12-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Ken, got mine in North Dakota today Dec., 20th.. Sad to say also in BAD shape as it was blizzarding as usual here. Cover warped Front torn, back and last half all dogeared.

MtnMan
12-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I received mine today, here in central Wisconsin.

Not in an envelope, of course, but it arrived in pristine condition none-the-less.

Tom Smith
12-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Got mine today in east Idaho.

joekoz
12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Received mine today. Mint Perfect Condition!

NMHighPlains
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Today. NE New Mexico. We lost a day of mail due to a snowstorm, but I don't think it affected this one.

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Thank you to all who have responded so far. It is much appreciated.

If anyone gets a damaged issue, we will get you a replacement copy. Just email (to the email address in the HC) me your name and mailing address.

Thanks again!

SadieHawk
12-22-2010, 11:58 AM
I just received my copy in SW Michigan. It is in perfect condition.

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Aimee,

Thanks for the good news!

Enjoy the read,

falcipiter
12-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Ken,
Finally received mine today in Williamsport, Pa. The back half of the pages apparently got bent but not severly.
Cheers,
Michael W. Kuriga

jmnucci
12-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Got mine yesterday. No cover and it showed. Bent pages and marks all over both covers. Too bad when you don't get what you pay for.

laj
12-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Received mine today, but was probably delivered several days ago. I grade mine an 8.5 out of 10. Thanks for all you do, Kenn!

Saluqi
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
No cover and it showed. Bent pages and marks all over both covers. Too bad when you don't get what you pay for.

The weird thing about all of these mutilated Hawk Chalks is that we get several magazines with no protective cover through the US mail and they all seem to arrive just fine.

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Got mine yesterday. No cover and it showed. Bent pages and marks all over both covers. Too bad when you don't get what you pay for.

Please reread what I sent previously. . .

If anyone gets a damaged issue, we will get you a replacement copy. Just email (to the email address in the HC) me your name and mailing address.

Roper
12-22-2010, 07:23 PM
To bad we cant be adult about this ,with the snotty little bitchy comments .

"To bad you didnt get what you paid for" you got your hawk chalk didnt you !!, what did you pay for with your membership dues , your whole $50. bucks
Ken clearly and I said clearly has said he would make good on any bad copies. Did you ever think of calling your post office and complaining to them being that , that is where the problem is..

Roper
12-22-2010, 07:52 PM
After my other post my wife brought in the mail ..
I got mine today not a mark on it ..........

hawkerev
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Kenn,

Mine arrived today 12/22 in Asheville, NC in perfect shape.

Thanks for what work you do volunteering for us NAFA members!

Merry Christmas!

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Kenn,

Mine arrived today 12/22 in Asheville, NC in perfect shape.

Thanks for what work you do volunteering for us NAFA members!

Merry Christmas!

Brent,

Thank you. I'm glad your copy arrived safely.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

sharptail
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
mine arrived today and has a slightly torn front cover.

MrBill
12-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Kenn,

I got my HC in good shape, as well.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
mine arrived today and has a slightly torn front cover.

Jeff,

Email me your address if you would like a new copy.

Thanks,

Kenn Filkins
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Kenn,

I got my HC in good shape, as well.

Bill Boni
Norman, OK

Thanks Bill,

Merry Christmas,

wyodjm
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM
My Hawk Chalk arrived today in pristine condition. The post office here is notorious for allowing a herd of rabid democrats to sort and deliver our local mail. Yet, my Chalk arrived like it just came off the press. It still had that new page smell when I opened it.

I have a few issues with NAFA, but this isn’t one of them. You have to pick your battles. :)

Thanks Kenn. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

hawk_1_lawman_2
12-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Got mine today. The out side was pretty rough and the inside had a couple pages torn......:eek:

Joby
12-23-2010, 10:01 AM
My Hawk Chalk arrived today in pristine condition. The post office here is notorious for allowing a herd of rabid democrats to sort and deliver our local mail. Yet, my Chalk arrived like it just came off the press. It still had that new page smell when I opened it.

HEY NOW!!! Being a RABID Democrat (albeit a moderate/conservative one) I RESEMBLE that comment!!! ;) Have a great holiday everyone!!

frootdog
12-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Mine (all 3) showed up today. Looks like all the rabbits and rats got their revenge.:eek: Front covers torn, scuffed, scratched, dog eared, etc. Also not keen on the address label being put directly on the magazine. Not NAFA's fault and I hope the printer is covering costs to replace damaged issues.

Flatwater Falconer
12-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Kenn,

I received my HC on Dec 18 in PERFECT condition.

Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.

Cheers,

GONEHAWKN
12-24-2010, 02:49 PM
got mine today....it's in good shape. the protective cover would have been nice....i save all of my falconry publications and i am very funny about what kind of shape i get them in and keep them in.

High Desert Hawker
12-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks Santa for delivering my Hawk Chalk to me in good condition on this beautiful Christmas Eve. in Bishop Ca.
Thanks for all the hard work you do for us Kenn
Merry Christmas and Happy Hawkin'

Kenn Filkins
12-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you Janice,

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

JRedig
12-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Mn showed up today, merry Christmas!

Lowachi
12-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Mine arrived today... A couple tears and damp from the snow,

Merry Christmas!

everetkhorton
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Got mine today also... and like yours the postman read it, lent it to several others to read, drug it through the snow, then jambed it in my mail box.... I think it's a great way to send them, unsecured pages riped and dog eared over, it allows eveyone to see what I do, plus when I give them away they will already look like I've spent many hours pouring over it...yes our NAFA money at work..

clappGreat Barry! I got mine about a week ago. Just getting my computer going again. My wife has spent many hours getting this thing up and running.

goshawks00
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome back Ev!!! Nice seeing you at Isaac's wedding. How much snow do you have on the ground?

everetkhorton
12-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Welcome back Ev!!! Nice seeing you at Isaac's wedding. How much snow do you have on the ground?

Barry:
Not much, about 6 inches in the wood, less in the open. I thought you was going to have a bit to eat at Isaac wedding, would have like to visit a little more. My computer is still not up and running like it should.

rkumetz
12-30-2010, 08:36 PM
My HC arrived in Vermont today. It was was torn, bent and a little wet.

jfseaman
12-31-2010, 08:25 AM
December 29th, medium condition.

Kenn Filkins
12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks Ron, Fred and all others that responded,

If you want a perfect copy email me your mailing address and I will make sure you get a copy sent in an envelope.

Again, I'm so sorry for this misfortune.

kenn

jfseaman
12-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks Ron, Fred and all others that responded,

If you want a perfect copy email me your mailing address and I will make sure you get a copy sent in an envelope.

Again, I'm so sorry for this misfortune.

kenn
Nah, I'm good.

Lowachi
12-31-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm good too, Kenn. No worries, Happy New Year's!

robhawkyyz
12-31-2010, 10:24 PM
with all the "postal", rain,blizzarrd, mud slide, and we ain't done yet crazy weather conditions mother nature has thrown at us NAFA still pushed through, thanks Kenn!! happy new year everyone, and sunny days for the next hawk chalk delivery!!!

Dirthawking
12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Kenn, take my replacement copy (not that I want one, I am okay with the one I got) and send it to an apprentice that has yet to join! My donation to the cause....

Kenn Filkins
01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Kenn, take my replacement copy (not that I want one, I am okay with the one I got) and send it to an apprentice that has yet to join! My donation to the cause....

Thanks Mario,

I promise to do just that!

Thanks for your kindness.

Happy New Year!

Kenn Filkins
01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks Fred, Rich and Rob,

All the best to you men, in 2011.

Best Regards,

Roper
01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
big move Mario good idea..

Ron Clarke
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
My HC just arrived here in Alaska in perfect condition. Excellent suggestion, Mario!

Kenn Filkins
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks Ron,

I'm pleased your HC arrived in good condition.

From now on it will be in a envelope....

Best Regards,

rkumetz
01-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks Ron,
I'm pleased your HC arrived in good condition.
From now on it will be in a envelope....
Best Regards,

I am curious what the results of this postal experiment were? Did the vast majority arrive in acceptable condition or did the dreaded postal mail mutilation machine terrorize them?

As side note I would like to put in the collection that is not mangled with stuck together pages. In an effort to avoid being a pain in the butt I would be happy to pay for a new one.

Kenn Filkins
01-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I am curious what the results of this postal experiment were? Did the vast majority arrive in acceptable condition or did the dreaded postal mail mutilation machine terrorize them?

As side note I would like to put in the collection that is not mangled with stuck together pages. In an effort to avoid being a pain in the butt I would be happy to pay for a new one.

Ron,

Send me your address and you'll get a perfect copy.

kenn

frootdog
01-06-2011, 01:47 PM
or did the dreaded postal mail mutilation machine terrorize them?

In my experience the publication with heavier posterboard type covers come in a protective envelope and those with reg paperlike covers do not. This leads me to believe that something about the heavier cover lends itself to getting caught up in the machinery.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/2c.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Kenn Filkins
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
In my experience the publication with heavier posterboard type covers come in a protective envelope and those with reg paperlike covers do not. This leads me to believe that something about the heavier cover lends itself to getting caught up in the machinery.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/2c.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Krys,

That makes a lot of sense. But it's something I'll never had to wonder about as long as I edit the HC. ;)