sorry i shall clarify,i wasnt being facetious i was simply making the point that our US friends should not be under the illusion that snakes are a common or even tangible quarry for a hh or redtail in the UK
ive caught everything from shrews,frogs ,mice,worms and little owls (and saved them im glad to say) with my hh's (i fly a cast) but i wouldnt class them as a quarry species,i just thought it was funny knowing how harmless a grass snake is (for the uninitiated its as easily pickup able as a corn snake and generally a lot smaller)that you should consider it a quarry species

actually your lucky to live in an area where there are enough to get caught on at least 2 occaisions! so that was a bit of fun

as for the chain on the anklet ,why, whats wrong with the bird is it likely to fly off from you,do you have problems in the exchange/taking it up with it? as thats the only reason i can see for attaching it to a rather ugly clip a simple threaded leash would be even more secure ,if that is the purpose
and personally id snip the end of that cable tie as they can be quite sharp and ive seen them cause leg damage