Thread: 2010 peales peregrine Rikka

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2010 peales peregrine Rikka

These are cell phone pics of my peregrines first duck taken around 3 weeks ago. Getting the pics from the phone to photobucket became a project, way more difficult for me for many reasons than it should have been - if these photos post I have scored a major triumph over my extreme technological impairments. The flight was nice with the falcon mounting upwind to a good pitch over a largely frozen creek. Clean flush on about 20 ducks thanks to Belle my German shorthair. Rikka picked out a nice drake mallard and bound to him well up in the air.

Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Ross:
    Nice pictures. I like pictures of bird while the dog just hold and waits. Thanks for posting!
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Very nice Ross, congrats!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Nice shots! A picture is worth a thousand words... way to go !! And Belle being so good!
    Forrest
    Northern Plains

congratulations on the duck AND your technological success so that we may see more.
    Ben

Ross,

How the heck are you??? That's a lovely falcon you've got there. Very dark and love her shape. Congrats on the duck. Looks like a nice slip. How has she flown? I've heard mixed reports of pure peales females. Very powerful but not naturally inclined to go up. what has your experience been with them? Hope all is well and congrats!
    We going after chickens soon or what?
    David Liepe

New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    congratulations on the duck AND your technological success so that we may see more.
    The duck was the easier task. I am now trying to carry a small camera in my vest, I have several pics to look at there, but I know how to get them here when I do. The cell phone thing was way more work than it should have been.
    Ross Dirks

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Nice shots! A picture is worth a thousand words... way to go !! And Belle being so good!
    Thanks Forrest,
    Belle has ended up being pretty useful in helping flush the ducks. She is of course a great help on pheasants. No sign of her coming int heat yet, but should be soon. There's a pup with your name on it if everything works.
    Ross
    Ross Dirks

Thread Information