(to be honest... I just copy and pasted this from another falconry forum I just registered on recently >.> )

Hello from the reptile world! I came across this site while searching for somewhere to start on far off future plans. I figure if I am ever going to have the vultures I am planning for I should probably start learning about them, what it takes to get and keep them legally and whatever else I find along the way!
A little about myself.... I am very deep into the reptile hobby and that is easily my first love but birds have never been far behind and raptors of course hold that majesty that very few can resist.....
I am currently in college working -rather painstakingly- towards a career as an exotic vet specializing in reptiles and large carnivores, unfortunately I am still just at the beginning of that trek and the 8-10 years ahead of me seem endless, but I am looking forward to every minute of it!
As I mentioned, vultures are the main reason I am here. To be honest I am not even sure if this would be the right place for that or if they are even covered under the same laws and regulations that a falconry permit addresses... or if there is something else I should be looking at... that is something I am hoping to discover here!
I certainly won't be doing any hunting with a bird unfortunately which I see is a major part of the forums here.... however they will be very useful and hopefully much loved in the educational shows I present to schools and other such organizations. At the moment those shows focus on reptiles because that is what I have to offer, but as the years go on and I become able to properly house and care for more variety I will incorporate other animals in all for the purpose of education.
For the species I would like to keep I would also hope to contribute to captive breeding programs if at all possible... if I can even get a hold of the animals I am after.

Ok I better stop before I ramble on!
I am glad to be here and hope to learn a lot!
~Sylvias