Thread: New in Florida

Default New in Florida

Hello,

I have wanted to get into Falconry since i was young! I entered the military and found i did not have the time to put 100% into it. I'm now 45 and retired and now have the time. The one thing i have found while getting info and reading as much as i can is that saying "I'm New" is Voodoo. It has been very difficult to find Someone willing to take a chance on the new guy as a mentor. Any info you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida.

Again thanks so much and nice to meet you all,

Uh Oh! I hear the sirens now. The Sig police are on their way! You obviously did not do alot of reading on this site.......................
    Welcome!
    Brian

Oops,
    sorry thought i had done that.
    Dan S

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hello,

I have wanted to get into Falconry since i was young! I entered the military and found i did not have the time to put 100% into it. I'm now 45 and retired and now have the time. The one thing i have found while getting info and reading as much as i can is that saying "I'm New" is Voodoo. It has been very difficult to find Someone willing to take a chance on the new guy as a mentor. Any info you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida.

Again thanks so much and nice to meet you all,
    Dan, I think falconers are usually a helpful bunch. You emailed me a few days ago and I promptly replied and forwarded your message to local falconers. It might take more than a few days to become a falconer. If no one contacts you please let me know and I'll get you in contact with others but you'll need a little patience.
    Eric Edwards

Oh no i understand totally ..i started working toward it in November. Like i said thanks so much for the quick response. I wanted to make sure i did all my research before i contacted anyone. i have waited this long so waiting more just gives me the chance to learn more.
    Dan S

to NAFEX Dan. It just takes time to get into the grove. Once you get started things will start to pull together, but it just take time. A lot of guys/gals are winding down the hunting season. There are event in the summer that you will have a chance to attend. Make every attempt to attend because they are far and few between.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

welcome enjoy your reads nad time on the forum nice to meet you
    HAROLD JAMES II

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    to NAFEX Dan. It just takes time to get into the grove. Once you get started things will start to pull together, but it just take time. A lot of guys/gals are winding down the hunting season. There are event in the summer that you will have a chance to attend. Make every attempt to attend because they are far and few between.
    Dan that is true everyone is just trying to get the most out of the last few days, it will come together, just keep studying.
    Bill
    Rendezvous With Destiny

Thanks so much,

It seems i have stumbled on to the right Site and found a club in my area and yes i am going to attend as many meets as i can find.

Again thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by YoYo; 03-05-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spell check
    Dan S

welcome Dan
    Raymond

Hello Dan and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information. This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

If you are a pre-apprentice, apprentice, looking for information of falconry, etc...you will find this section extremely helpful. Please take the time to look here.

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team

Thanks Kory,

Great thread and yes it is Perfect for people truly focused on doing this!

Again thanks,
    Dan
    Dan S

Hello and welcome. Where about in FL do you live?
    LeRoy
    Respect is earned not given.

West of Tampa, in Largo
    Dan S

Thread Information