Thread: New from the Ohio Valley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New from the Ohio Valley

Hello everyone, my name is Kalie and I am in the process of obtaining my apprenticeship. I have started my facilities, and am acquiring equipment and all the knowledge I can. I have been an avid bird watcher since the age of four, when my grandfather gave me my first set of binoculars. My only experience with keeping birds would be parrots and love birds, and my barnyard chickens. I love the outdoors, and spend a ton of time in the woods riding my horses. I would love to be able to combine my passion for the outdoors and birds into a working relationship with raptors. I have applied for membership with the Ohio Falconry Association, and am in the process of applying for membership with the PA association since I am so close to the border. If there is anyone in my area, give me a shout, I would love to spend some time with experienced falconers, a perhaps go on a few hunts when the season allows and find a sponsor. Any information or tips would be greatly appriciated. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future

Pleanty of Ohio falconers on here. I'm sure some will speak up before long.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

welcome aboard Kalie. before the forum police getcha, go to the used CP and add your signature. It's policy and keeps things on a first name, friendly level. just how old are you? and have you a sponsor yet?
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Thanks Rich, I think i've got the signature on there now. I am 25 years old, and no I do not have a sponsor yet. I hoping to meet a few people and hopefully find someone to sponsor me I would also love to see setups for mews so I can get mine set up correctly. Pictures ars fantastic, and there are some great ideas on here I am thinking of incorporating, but I am and hands on kinda girl and would like to see some setups in person
    Kalie Clarke
    ~Cowgirl up

probably as many mews designs as members on here , so you'll get plenty of ideas. I'm sure you'll be influenced by your sponsor's opinions, once you find one. In the mean time, like Ev said, there are many good working examples in the apprentice sections as well as in the general forum. Just drop a search & go. It's a long summer,for some, plenty of time to hook up with some locals, game dinners, picnics, etc. Enjoy!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

welcome to the forum and enjoy your reads here.like said there is alot of ways to skin a cat so pretty much scan through the old posts and you are certain to find some pics of mews.
    HAROLD JAMES II

Thanks everyone for the tips! This forum and the apprentice forum have been a wonderful source of knowledge for me. Hopefully I can find a sponsor or some other falconers in my area that wont mind me tagging along and picking their brains I loved the thread on here regarding falconry from horseback. Right up my alley once I am seasoned. I know i'll be a while getting the basics down but I can't wait!
    Kalie Clarke
    ~Cowgirl up

Kalie:
    There is a lot of information on building mews on this site. There are a lot of factors when building your mews. It would be nice if you had a sponsor lined up to give some insight on building the mews. The hunting seasons are coming to a close in most States. Falconry is all about hunting. So in the off season it is a good time to look for hunting spots. Have fun.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Thread Information