Quote Originally Posted by joturley View Post
Thanks for the reply; re the photos of Daryl's gos & equip; my bell also serves as a tail saver anchor on the gos - and the deck seems to handle the weight no problem;
I place the mounts slightly staggered. Currently the broken deck stub still has the mount well secured with tranny attached. There's the risk it falls off and I lose it, so I think I should switch the equip, as a bell loss is no big deal - but, if I do that, will the stub w/bell be strong enough to anchor the tail guard? /jo
Hi Jo,

I've never had it happen and I had a RT that was very hard on his tail. In his second season he was half harris hawk. No problems with peregrines, hybrids, HH or the euro gos I do every year for my business partner.

I think if the mount has still not fallen off you didn't crush the shaft. Perhaps just bad luck this year.

That said, I do like the rounded edges (tumbled?) of the new manufacturing batch. I'll use up what I have when the birds molt and get a bunch more.

Bob,

Of the 12 or so I bought last year, I have 4 left so I'll probably order another 12 in July or August.