Thread: How about an auction to support NAFEX?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How about an auction to support NAFEX?

I think we should have an auction to gather money for support of this site. It's a good website for falconers from all walks of life and it wouldn't hurt to donate and buy equipment or whatever to raise some funds. Moderators need to organize it and collect monies. Who's in???

I will donate a hood, just tell me when and where.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by STait View Post
    I think we should have an auction to gather money for support of this site. It's a good website for falconers from all walks of life and it wouldn't hurt to donate and buy equipment or whatever to raise some funds. Moderators need to organize it and collect monies. Who's in???

Thanks,

It's a dah!....What ever it takes< I'm in for a one of a kind /portait buckle..... Good idea Steve!!!!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Thanks,
    I'm happy to get involved.
    Martin

That is a great idea!
    Adam S in Indiana

I'd think somone might want to talk to and get this approved by Admin first.Just sayin.
    Bill

[QUOTE=STait;179701]I think we should have an auction to gather money for support of this site. It's a good website for falconers from all walks of life and it wouldn't hurt to donate and buy equipment or whatever to raise some funds. Moderators need to organize it and collect monies. Who's in???

Steve it is a good idea, and I'm sure Chris could use the money , maybe to get the chat working again.

Meanwhile, there is already a way to support this site by becoming a
    'NAFEX supporting member'. Many of us have done so years ago... give it a try it's pretty painless.
    "you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

How about it Administrators, Chris??

I'll buy stuff
    Fred Seaman
    “Ask, Listen, Learn, Grow”

Steve,

I am sorry for the late reply I had missed this thread somehow

I think it is a great idea but lets go one step further. Lets do an auction/raffle and all of the proceeds go to an organization we all agree on? It can be a club or organization that helps raptors or one that helps promote falconry. It can go to a local club that is hurting financially? Maybe even do it annually?

Steve and the other members, Thank you for wanting to give back to NAFEX. It is expensive to run but I do not mind giving back to the community. The supporting members have helped out tremendously and cant thank you enough for all of the support I have gotten. It does help take the sting out of the costs.

I cant thank you guys enough for all of the support. It means so much to know that this forum is appreciated and that many do enjoy having NAFEX as a place to go.

What are your thoughts on this?

One thing is, I am sure that all of the vendors and falconers get tapped out from all of the donations they give out to the local clubs and the NAFA dinner. I am not sure how we can get maximum participation as I do not want to over extend everyone.

let me know what you all think
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

That's fine with me Chris, but it may be tough for everyone to agree where the money should go. I'm willing to put a hood in and I don't care how much it goes for, I just wanted to help you out and it's very generous of you to want to pass it along. If I had my choice the proceeds would go to the AFC if not to your site. Do we need to take a poll to see what people prefer??

Thanks for everything you do here,

In my opinion, neither NAFA or the AFC are good choices - both are too divisive, how about the Raptor Center at UMN?
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

How bout the Archives?
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

That's fine with me Chris, but it may be tough for everyone to agree where the money should go. I'm willing to put a hood in and I don't care how much it goes for, I just wanted to help you out and it's very generous of you to want to pass it along. If I had my choice the proceeds would go to the AFC if not to your site. Do we need to take a poll to see what people prefer??

Thanks for everything you do here,
    Hi Steve,

Thanks again for wanting to keep NAFEX alive. It really does mean a lot.

I think we should do a poll for sure. I was wanting to do this annually so I think that we will be able to get all of the organizations. What we can do is do a poll every year once the auction/raffle is over and decided where it goes. What ever organization got it that previous year will be left out of the polls until the list is exhausted. That way each organization has a chance.
    Also we will throw NAFEX in the list and the money will go towards a NAFA meet NAFEX dinner. That way we can give back to the entire community including NAFEX.

What we will need to do is compile a list of organizations.

Next , decide when to do the raffle/action. I think it should be closer to the falconry season as falconers will be more likely to spend their money . I was thinking October.

thoughts?
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

That sounds fine Chris.

Thread Information