Thread: First time out...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First time out...

Went out for my first falconry excursion on Sat the 12th, and was witness to an eye opening performance by "a perfect bird" who is guilty of making falconry look easy.

Introducing Jessica, the Jack Assassin. Not mine, obviously, but I hope to own a bird like her in the future. Michelle, thanks for the introduction!

Not happy with the framing of this shot, but just such a cool pic.
    Ben

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.- Honest Abe

1 more for tonight...

Shot with Nikon D300 200-500mm lens, ISO200.
    Ben

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.- Honest Abe

Those are great pics! Nice looking HH. She definitely knows what she is doing with those jacks.

Thanks! It was fun getting to shoot her putting on a clinic. Looking forward to experiencing more of it soon!
    Ben

Great pictures ! I love the one of her eating the eyeball. One thing I've learned. Keep your mouth closed if your bird is eating an eyeball on your fist !

Nice to see another "lefty" out there.
    Dan, aka oldguy.

Hey Duke! I'm so glad you were able to get together with Matt!! His bird is definitely a pro. I tried flying my first year Harris, Pola, side by side with her at our state meet a few months ago and you could literally watch Jessica leave her behind like she wasn't even trying! She's one hardcore bird.

Great pics, by the way!
    Michelle M., Fort Thomas, AZ.

Thread Information