There is one very important thing that is always on my mind, that is, THE ADOPTION PROCESS FOR CALIFORNIA OF THE FEDERAL FALCONRY REGULATIONS! They must be completed by California DFG and sent to USFWS no later than the end of summer 2013, to be effective no later than January 1st, 2014. Before I continue I must address the rumors by a couple of nay sayers that the CHC is not doing anything about the federal falconry regulations. Let me assure you that nothing could be further from the truth! Jim de Roque, Bill Murphy, Morgan Campbell, and Kim Mauch have been working with the DFG on the adoption process. The DFG has set the timeline with us to have the regs completed and sent to USFWS by the end of summer 2012, one year ahead of the deadline. Thanks to the continual work of these individuals of the legal committee of the CHC, falconry will continue in California with the newly revised federal regulations in place by the USFWS deadline. So now you know that the CHC is working for you! Back in the 1980’s the CHC was the organization that lobbied for the current very liberal falconry regs that we have in our state, and now the CHC is the falconry organization that is working with the DFG to adopt the new revised regulations so that all of us can enjoy our beloved sport of falconry for many years to come! So you can do your part by supporting the CHC as we work with the DFG on this. Encourage other falconers who are not members of CHC to join the club as we ALL work together to keep California falconry thriving as a legal outdoor hunting sport in our state! Let’s ALL work together on this.”