Thread: Hello from Reno, NV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ben

Contact Julie Medows fron NDOW, she has the contact information for the apprentice falconry coordinator in your area.

Also Cory Dalton may be able to help you out if hes not to busy getting prepared for our up-coming commission meeting.
    Vinnie Macchirella
    LAS VEGAS REALTOR

Quote Originally Posted by harrishawker1 View Post
    Ben

Contact Julie Medows fron NDOW, she has the contact information for the apprentice falconry coordinator in your area.

Also Cory Dalton may be able to help you out if hes not to busy getting prepared for our up-coming commission meeting.
    MANY thanks!!! I did get in touch with Corey, and hope to be able to show my support at the meeting on the 16th at the NDOW. I will get in touch with Julie Meadows as well. I GREATLY appreciate this. This forum is AWESOME!
    Name: Ben

Ben!
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Default other falconers

Hello Ben,

Welcome to NAFEX and I wanted to add some other names of people in that part of Nevada. Steve Baptiste and Dave Jamieson were some of the earliest among falcon breeders in the USA. Steve is still around and lives northeast of Sparks. Further south is Mike Gourdeau in the Washoe Lake area and further south yet is Frank Ely in Smith Valley, Nevada. All of these falconers have a long history in falconry and a wealth of information and experience among them. I hope you are able to meet each of them.

Dan
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Ben,

I will second Jeremy by saying that Dave J. and Martin S. are a great resource not only because of their experience but because they are really really nice, decent people aside from anything to do with falconry.

Mike Gordeau is also a really nice guy and very approachable. Best of luck! -J
    John
    Bend, OR

I'm in Carson City and I know a few Falconers in the area.
    Colt

Again, a BIG Thank You to you all for the warm welcome, and being able to steer me in the right directions. I guess I never realized just how lucky I am to be here in Reno, as far as hawking is concerned. As was mentioned, this are is a virtual Who's WHO, in terms of falconry, and raptor husbandry, in this area, and I look forward VERY MUCH to be able to be a part of such a wonderful community, both here online, and out in the field.

-I'll be the 275 lb., 6 foot 2 inch guy with the 95 gram Kestrel!
    Name: Ben

Thread Information