Thread: Hello from SC Lowcountry.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from SC Lowcountry.

Hello-

My name is Jacqui. I'm beginning the education or indoctrination as it seems after reading the boards. I live 30 minutes inland of Myrtle Beach, SC where my husband and children have a small hobby farm. We have quite a few regular raptors that visit the farm or call our trees home and after watching them for the year and a half I wanted to learn more, after learning more, I decided that learning the art of falconry is something I want to add to my bucket list. I have a few years before I'll have the time to devote, but that doesn't mean I can't start learning now. I plan to shut up and read- and learn, but I hope you will all be patient with my occasional question.

BTW, if there is a falconer in my general area, I'd be happy to beat the brush for you and pick your brain, or just listen to your stories. I make a mean cup of coffee and there is hardly a thing I can't cook.

Jacqui Shaw Loris, SC

Jacqui:
    You have to be very careful in regards to falconry, it has a tendency to jump out and get you. It can become very addictive. There is a thread just for up and comming falconer's on this forum. Have fun and enjoy the ride.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Jacqui, welcome to NAFEX. Please have a look around. Lots of information to be found here. Feel free to let the moderating team know if you need anything.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Im just around the corner in Calabash NC. There are two guys in pauley's island n my apprentice is in my town. I dont have any birds right now. Let redtails go couple months ago. Going to be pulling a gh owlet on may first. Im also buying a HH in july.
    Rich

calabash kracka

Topgun is out your way. You may shoot him a PM. I am a bit remote, Chester. I will be trapping a Red_tail this year if all goes as planned. The last i kept for 14 seasons.
    Keith
    Keith Buch South Carolina
    "It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government."- Thomas Paine

Hi!- Topgun shot me a PM. He's just around the corner from me I'll be sending him an email as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm working my way through the modern apprentice website.

Jacqui

Thread Information