Hi all-

I have been browsing around the forum for a few days, and realized I had yet to introduce myself! So I work at a local pet store, and I also work as a temporary keeper at the zoo here, 2x a week. I have 8 fish tanks, and 3 little lizards. More than anything, I want to be a falconer. I love all animals, but raptors have always, and will always, hold the most interest for me. I always research stuff before diving in, and that includes this. I have read many posts, and everyone on here seems helpful and extremely knowledgeable. Besides raptors, I also really like rhinos, goats, muntjac, sea lions and tree kangaroos.

And finally to quote a very good book:

'But-if you have a deep and abiding interest in the outdoors; if you have a basic love of life and living things with sufficient depth and breadth to be more than sentimental; if you can take chances and expect the unexpected; if you can see in the predators the embodiment of all those high qualities we most admire, qualities of strength, courage, energy, coordination, and physical perfection that sets them apart from, and above, other forms of life; if you know, or sense, that this high development is real and necessary in order for them to live; if you can sense in their way of life something spectacular and dramatic that you would like to share-if the above is your reason for such an interest, then falconry IS for you and you might, with time and practice, become a falconer'.

-F.L. Beebe, North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks

Luke Krider