Thread: I think I'm in the right place...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I think I'm in the right place...

I've always had a fascination with animals, which lead me to study them in school. I graduated with a BS in Zoology from NC State Univeristy. After college I moved down to Miami where I worked as Marine Mammal Trainer for a few year. I've trained many animals including Bottlenose and Pacific White-sided dolphins, sea lions, seals, and tropical birds. I was also part of a manatee rescue team. I recently moved back to North Carolina and remembered learning about falconry when I was in grade school, so when I came back I decided to do more research. I ended up getting together with the Falconer's Guild here, great people. I've been to quite a few meets that they have had, and absolutely love it. I am thinking about getting into it, just figured I would do some more research and talk with others that are doing it. I'm a big advocate of doing your homework before jumping into things like this. I understand it is quite a commitment, but I think I'm up for it!
    -Oliver Connor
    "Live a life uncommon."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandragen View Post
    I've always had a fascination with animals, which lead me to study them in school. I graduated with a BS in Zoology from NC State Univeristy. After college I moved down to Miami where I worked as Marine Mammal Trainer for a few year. I've trained many animals including Bottlenose and Pacific White-sided dolphins, sea lions, seals, and tropical birds. I was also part of a manatee rescue team. I recently moved back to North Carolina and remembered learning about falconry when I was in grade school, so when I came back I decided to do more research. I ended up getting together with the Falconer's Guild here, great people. I've been to quite a few meets that they have had, and absolutely love it. I am thinking about getting into it, just figured I would do some more research and talk with others that are doing it. I'm a big advocate of doing your homework before jumping into things like this. I understand it is quite a commitment, but I think I'm up for it!
    to NAFEX. Sounds like you like being in the water. One of the few requirements when posting is that you sign your post with a least your first name, we like to keep it friendly. You can go to the User CP in the upper left hand corner and have you name added automatically when you post. There is a lot of good information on the forum. Have fun !
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Hello and to NAFEX
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    One of the few requirements when posting is that you sign your post with a least your first name, we like to keep it friendly. You can go to the User CP in the upper left hand corner and have you name added automatically when you post.
    How's that?
    -Oliver Connor
    "Live a life uncommon."

QUOTE=Mandragen;183569]How's that?[/QUOTE]

EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Default NY testing material

So I've heard that there might possible be a copy of the NY test study guide that is obtainable somehow. Does anyone know about this? Trying to study up as much as possible. I have found the one by Califonia Club as well.
    -Oliver Connor
    "Live a life uncommon."

Welcome Oliver. You are on the right track and it sounds like you have a good background for this. We all come at falconry from different perspectives but a training background will help! Remember, that falconry IS hunting...not just training or bird keeping or demonstrations.

The NY study guide is available from the state of NY. Another good resource (besides searching this forum's archives) is http://www.themodernapprentice.com

Also, check out the NY club page. That will be very helpful.
    http://www.nysfa.org/index.html

oliver, there are study guide on here ... in the apprentice section that you can use. you can down load on your desktop and use it. NY study guide and CA study guide seems to be both equally good to use.
    Rey

Warren, Michigan

Thread Information