Thread: Checking in from Montana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Checking in from Montana

So I joined this site years ago and never made a post nor introduced myself, so I guess this is a big step yeah?

I'm from a small town outside Great Falls, Montana. I've been licensed for six years now (yup, I'm still an apprentice.) but haven't been able to be flying due to other restraints. However come July of this year things should be in line for me to fly so I'm planning on trapping myself a kestrel. Wish me luck?

Anyway, that's me. Good to see some of the members from the Apprentice Falconry Forums over here that I thought had dropped off the face of the earth.
    Aaron -- Utah

Welcome and good luck. You are in or near primo bird hunting country.

>I'm from a small town outside Great Falls, Montana.

Home of one of my favorite artists, C. M. Russell.

Welcome!

Bill Boni

Haha yeah, C M Russell. He's quite the legend around Great Falls. From CMR High School to the Charlie Russell museum, he's all over the place.
    Aaron -- Utah

>Haha yeah, C M Russell. He's quite the legend around Great Falls. From CMR High School to the Charlie Russell museum, he's all over the place.

When I was about seven years old, I was in a bar in Great Falls with my mother when I was introduced to Russell by virtue of one of his paintings that was hanging behind the bar. Evidently, he used to drink a bit and barter his paintings for drinks.

Bill Boni

Joby Guest

Hey,
    Good to see you'll be back in the saddle this year. Hard to believe that it's been so long since you flew your last bird.
    -Joby

Tell me about it! I double checked when I wrote that I had been licensed for six years. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. Its good to see you again too Joby. It's been a while!
    Aaron -- Utah

Thread Information