It’s probably an understatement when I say I’m a bit burned out on falconry politics. With the exception of dropping out of NAFA for a couple of years, I rejoined and have been a member for over 30 years. I am a current member of both NAFA and the AFC. I’m also a member of the NRA and the USSA. I firmly believe in seeing falconry survive as a legitimate and legal field sport in the future.

For some time now I’ve wondered if it would be a good investment if NAFA became affiliate members of both the NRA and the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance. I’ve often wondered why NAFA never became more aligned and affiliated with the larger, national hunting advocacy groups. I’d be interested in hearing if people think if it would be a good time to perhaps think about it now.

Could NAFA benefit if it became an affiliate member of both the NRA and U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance? What would be the drawbacks if NAFA did become an affiliate member these larger and more powerful organizations? How much national political influence do you think NAFA will have in the next 10 years if it does stand alone?

What are your thoughts?