Thread: Salutations from Michigan

Default Salutations from Michigan

Hello all!

New to birding and falconry, but very excited to learn more. Interested in getting into an apprenticeship sometime but for now more importantly wanting to learn all there is to know about these fabulous creatures! Just recently talked with a member from the MHC in Grand Rapids and this forum was recommended. So here I go, learning about habitat, training, health/care, and everything else that goes along with going into falconry and becoming a falconer. Any recommendations for books to read, etc. are greatly appreciated.

well welcome to the forum good reads and good luck with your adventures
    HAROLD JAMES II

Welcome, lots of great information here. Make sure to put your real name in your signature. The moderators will eventually ask ya. Plus some people wont reply unless you sign posts. Go to western sporting and order the california hawking club apperentice manual. That will be a good start. It will help with the lingo. I found it hard to understand some of the books and the chat boards for that matter, until i got some of the lingo down. Ex. I entered my tpf on duck, but havent found any good slips for her. So i gave up and went back to flying my hhs in a cast. That book will help. And you wont feel like these folks are speaking greek at ya.
    Tim Marshall-Lasting change, the kind that liberates nations, ends a dark age, or moves mankind forward does not occur by laws or mandates, and not by war or coercion. It happens one heart at a time, slowly, and only with noble passion.

Default Welcome

Enjoy, take the time to look under the apprentice forums, a lot of good info there.
    Sue

Welcome. Enjoy the ride and the people you meet along the way.
    tom
    The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. W.Harvard

Caroline! Be sure and look at the MHC web site. Lots going on this summer!
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Welcome to the forum. Great amount of information on here. What part of the state are you located at?
    Aimee P.

Thread Information