Mielikki made it through the moult, but her name was changed. Mamma, and the daughter have changed her name to Pippa. Pippa had a nice moult with a big scare of WN about six weeks ago. She was closing one eye for three weeks, but seems to be doing very well as I write this. Today was the first time I had handled her since I put her up. I let her grow up and mature free lofted in her condominium for the last few months, and only fed her through the food chute with a remote watering system. She acted like a b@tch the entire time through the moult (as I was outside of her chamber), but as I took her down in weight the last week, she was completely scared of me inside the chamber until tonight. She hoped to the fist tonight like a perfect lady, and has been sitting on the pole perch in the garage for the last two hours (not one bate and a foot tucked). I have waited for this day since I got her. I knew the journey would be long if I took my time with her. I never pushed her last year, and now I have a completely silent, well mannered gal, with no aggression that I know will be hell on wheels this year. I am all smiles tonight.

First shot after being put on the pole perch just five minutes from picking her up

After a couple of hours taking in the scenery