Jimmy Tomkins alerted me to this forum, so you can blame him later! [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]
My name is Pete Jungemann and I live in Las Cruces,NM which is about 30 miles from the border with Mexico. I've been a very active falconer since 1972 and licensed since '73. I've flown about everything but a pure gyr or a golden eagle. I have always had a passion for Goshawks and small longwings, specifically female Merlins. And most all the birds I have had have been imprinted eyasses. I have been a breeder for several years as well, having produced goshawks and small hybrid falcons such as Barbary X Merlins, Barbary X Teitas, Peregrine X Teitas, Peregrine X Merlins, and Yes...I'm responsible for getting the first Harris' X Cooper's made (although I didn't actually do the inseminating or hatching...but most of the raising and walked the guy through the courtship and insemination process with his Coop and found the semen donor just in the nick of time). After a few year hiatus from breeding goshawks, I'm hoping to make some Gos X Shins this next season just to see if they can be a little more consistent than some Cooper's have shown to be. Not slamming Coops here, just want to see if something different can come out of the cross. Also hoping to make the first Teita X Merlins this year...but not holding my breath on that one.
Currently just put up the intermewed Shin I was flying and have a Barbary female (13th season) down to weight but I have no ponds this year due to a bad monsoon flow, so there isn't anything to really fly her at as the doves in the desert need water too and the quail just won't work too good with her. So I'll be focusing on my 13th season Gos that has had a bleak last few seasons as our bunnies and quail were done to nothing. But the bunnies and quail are back this year and I've flown him a couple of times and he's about as rusty as I am! It'll take several weeks to get him back into shape as he's only flown about 3 times a year for the last 3 years. He seems very happy that he's seeing bunnies again finally, and hasn't forgotten much about how we do things together.
That's about it for this lengthy introduction. I look forward to participating in threads where and when I can.
PeteJ