I had the pleasure to attend the WFA picnic yesterday. It was in Fall City, east of Seattle. It was a two and a half hour trip from Lynden where I live but a beautiful drive. Two of my sons went as well. We got there right before 11:00 am so I could enter a piece of my art for the auction. I am a pre apprentice. I have a sponsor, and have passed my test, but am still building my mews. I was hoping to pick up a hood and maybe a vest to complete my equipment at the auction. The first person I met was Ron Tuttle. I believe he is the state treasurer, not sure. What a prince of a guy. Made us feel welcome right away. There was about 20 some birds there. One Golden eagle, a Great Horned owl, one Redtail, a few Harris hawks, A couple of young Goshawks and a bunch of falcons. My favorites being a Aplomado and a beautiful Black Goshawk. I was very impressed at how well the picnic was ran and how friendly the folks were. I met some real nice people who were very willing to answer questions for a newbie. My two sons were blown away with all the birds. I think I have sparked a falconry flame in both of them. There was a ton of food and it was all delicious. The gentleman who ran the grill did a great job. I had a great time at the auction as well. It was alot of fun and had a lot of great items. I was able to pick up a BC trap and a hood. The auctioneer was a new apprentice by the name of Bob. I dont remember his last name. He made the auction alot of fun and kept it rolling along smoothly. All in all it was a great time. I was a little apprehensive about meeting a bunch of falconers at first, but that was quickly put aside. What a good group of folks. I look forward to the meet in November.