• You + Guest + Guest- 3

3 10.34%

1 3.45%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NAFEX 2011 Dinner and Raffle - Vernal Utah

Quote Originally Posted by mewskeeper View Post
    The boss asked about the meet I told her to far and extra $180 for 4 HC could not afford it. She said ya have to go...what ya need I'll cover it so I'm in will have something for the raffle too.

Chris
    Cool. Look forward ta seeing ya again.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Cool. Look forward ta seeing ya again.
    I got a bottle of crown we can break the seal on and I'll have some Texas beer for a chaser
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Yeomanfalconer View Post
    For the sake of those there, please keep things ( in the raffle) moving. Don't waste time raffling every GD tee-shirt donated.
    Eric,

If you are coming to the dinner to rush it along please do not bother coming. It is a FREE raffle and I want to make sure every person that has donated gets their time in the spotlight. You may not think that Every "GD t-shirt" is important but I do. Its support from everyone that makes the dinner so great and I will not rush it along so you or anyone else is happy.

If your time is that important please do not come to the dinner. I really do not want you or anyone else who is in a hurry to come. If you want to come to relax and enjoy the evening, with no time restraints, please do come by.

It's comments like yours that make me wonder why I take my time to host a dinner and raffle. I am a little blown away by this comment.

Thanks for your concern
    Last edited by Chris L.; 11-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Ron and Greg,

I know you guys have prior obligations. There should be plenty of time for you both to still make the raffle. I hope to see you both there. Be safe in your travels.
    Last edited by Chris L.; 11-09-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    Chris Lynn

The above statement had me thinking.

I want to make clear for all of the members and guests who are going to attend this dinner: you are not being forced to attend the NAFEX dinner, and if you do choose to come, you are not being forced to stay. If it's not to your caliber, please do not hesitate to check yourself out of the venue. Please don't ruin it for everyone else who wants to have a good time. In fact, if you're thinking at all that you might not like it or that you have resentment for NAFEX in any way, please don't bother showing up. I am providing this for members who are excited to meet each other and enjoy the NAFEX forum. We have had a great time in the past and let's keep it that way. I will be putting this disclaimer on every NAFEX dinner from here on out.

This is going to be a great dinner and Raffle I am really looking forward to it. Thank you to all who have been supportive and to all who have donated. You guys are what have made past dinners so much fun. I can't wait to see you all again

Regards

Chris
    Chris Lynn

More Donations were received today.

I want to thank Western Sporting for the great items they sent for the NAFEX dinner and Raffle.

Frank , from Western Sporting, sent 3 books and some falconry supplies.

Here is what he sent:

The Imprint Accipiter II

Trapping essentials

In Season

DVD- Eagle Journal

NutureSeal Leather Conditioner

Thank you again Frank for the very generous donations. I really appreciate it!
    Chris Lynn

Another addition to the raffle

Chris Comeaux donated a sparrow/ small bird carrier.

Chris makes very nice sparrow traps. If you are looking to buy one please get one from him. I have one and I have caught many sparrows with it.

Thanks Chris for the great donation

The donation list has been updated. I am really impressed at all of the items that will be at this raffle, i think this is our best one yet. Thank you again to all of those who are supporting NAFEX.
    Chris Lynn

Yeomanfalconer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Eric,

If you are coming to the dinner to rush it along please do not bother coming. It is a FREE raffle and I want to make sure every person that has donated gets their time in the spotlight. You may not think that Every "GD t-shirt" is important but I do. Its support from everyone that makes the dinner so great and I will not rush it along so you or anyone else is happy.

If your time is that important please do not come to the dinner. I really do not want you or anyone else who is in a hurry to come. If you want to come to relax and enjoy the evening, with no time restraints, please do come by.

It's comments like yours that make me wonder why I take my time to host a dinner and raffle. I am a little blown away by this comment.

Thanks for your concern
    Believe me Chris, no one enjoys a well run raffle that goes to midnight if need be, more than me. I guess what I was commenting on was the last(NAFA) raffle I went to in 2005? It was painfully drawn out and slow. People were shouting down others on the other side of the room for being too boisterous (bored), etc. There were many great items donated, I don't mean to slight any donation, it just seems like common sense would dictate that other evening raffles should be held if there is that much stuff to distribute.

I am sure there have been many superbly run raffles, we have good ones here with our state club which I donate to. And I really do deserve to have someone remind me, again, that if I don't like it why don't I volunteer and make it better. Good point.

I truly wish I could attend both raffles next week. I am not sure why I commented given that I knew I could not make it. My apologies for coming across as negative. I really meant it as constructive criticism.

I guess what I was commenting on was the last(NAFA) raffle I went to in 2005? It was painfully drawn out and slow.

I truly wish I could attend both raffles next week.
    You do realize the 2005 meet was the last Vernal, UT meet? Things change a lot in 6 years. NAFA now has raffles on every every night but Tuesdays and I assume they intend to continue that.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

I truly wish I could attend both raffles next week. I am not sure why I commented given that I knew I could not make it. My apologies for coming across as negative. I really meant it as constructive criticism.
    Thank you for the reply... Im sorry I was so blunt in my response, it's hard to get one's intentions from a written reply. I am sensitive about the dinner as it is a lot of work and I couldn't do it without the generous contributions made by all.

I can fully understand your point. I want to keep the raffle fun and exciting. A beer tub and a free falcon always help ( thanks again Fred for the falcon donation)

See you guys soon
    Chris Lynn

I received another donation to the NAFEX raffle!

The fine folks at NorthWest GameBirds LLC donated $25.00 gift certificate. This will help with the food bill for sure.

Thank you for the generous donation!
    Chris Lynn

The dinner will be heled at the 7-11 ranch restaurant at 700pm. The raffle will be held around 8-815pm

If you are staying at the Sage Motel you can walk to the dinner

7-11 Ranch Restaurant
    (435) 789-1170
    Vernal
    77 E Main St
    Vernal, UT 84078

Because of the size of the group, there will be a scaled down version of the menu. I am meeting with the owner tomorrow to discuss the menu. I will post about the options tomorrow
    Chris Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    The dinner will be heled at the 7-11 ranch restaurant at 700pm. The raffle will be held around 8-815pm

If you are staying at the Sage Motel you can walk to the dinner

7-11 Ranch Restaurant
    (435) 789-1170
    Vernal
    77 E Main St
    Vernal, UT 84078

Because of the size of the group, there will be a scaled down version of the menu. I am meeting with the owner tomorrow to discuss the menu. I will post about the options tomorrow
    Always good ta know where ta go....thanks
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Always good ta know where ta go....thanks
    I fogot to mention it's on Tuesday night the 22nd of November

I look forward to seeing you there brotha!! I have an offering for the gods, I will see you at the weathering yard.
    Chris Lynn

Default Nafex raffle 2011

Chris: I had sent you an email and didn't see the Archives on the updated donor posts. In case it didn't go through, I will be bringing from The Archives of Falconry: the Craighead book "Life with an Indian Prince", Swift's/Archives new book "Bibliotheca Accipiteria II", Gene Johnson's limited edition print "Jungle Queen" (Harpy), the Baumlin print, and the Wilde Bald Eagle print. Thanks for all your work. Bob Collins

Ugh! I wish I was able to go to this dinner, or the meet in general! It was so nice to meet many of you last year. Who knew babies were so much work? Hopefully I can make next year's! You all have fun!
    JenniB
    We promised the world we'd tame it, what were we hoping for?

Hey all,

I finally made it back to town and was able to get on the CPU.

Thank you to all who attended the NAFEX dinner this year, we had around 40 attendees. It was a huge success and it was great to see familiar faces and meet new ones. The venue was perfect and it all went together without a hitch.

Thanks to Rex for helping out with getting the venue secured and for helping with the dinner. I couldn't have done it without you man, Thank you! Thanks for that jack rabbit spot too... you rock!

Triple H, thanks for all of the help with keeping the flow going. You call numbers out like no other

Thank you to all who donated to the dinner. We had enough door prizes for everyone and then some. I think everyone left very happy with the door prizes they won. Thank you for being so generous, it's these contributions that make the dinner so successful.

I will post some pictures of the dinner as I get unpacked and caught up.

I am looking forward to next years dinner. These have been a lot of fun and I think it will continue to be a great time.

See you all next year!!!
    Chris Lynn

Chris, can you post a list of who won what?

Congrats to everyone, I sure wish I was there. I will definately be at the one in Kearney!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris,
    No prob!!! any time!!! Glad I was there to help...it was lots o fun!!!!!
    And Rex....thanks to you as well for the jacks....my birds and krys's birds really thank you as well!!! I owe ya....let me know when you have your bird ready for jacks and I will meet ya in KS!!!! its well worth the trip!!!
    Life ain't always beautiful.....But it's a beautiful ride!
    Heather G MT

Had a good time as well. Good ta see everyone again, especially the host!!!
    Rich in Illinois....

Thanks Chris and Heather. Believe me it was my pleasure! Kansas huh? I can do that!
    Rex Hall

Had a blast as usual! Thanks to Chris and all the donors. Without you guys this would not have been possible. Just in case anybody is curious.....our total bill for that night was $480 and some change. Not bad!
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Thread Information