2011 Ohio Falconry Association — Annual Meeting and Picnic
All Ohio (and Other State) Falconers and Those Interested in Falconry Are Invited
Date: Sunday, September 25, 2011

Program — Modern Hawk Trapping Methods and Locations
Paul Bronk and Doug Geiger will present the featured program on Trapping. Bring your traps!

Location: Highbanks Metro Park, 9466 US 23, Lewis Center, OH 43035, just north of Columbus (see map on the attachment) In Mansion Shelter.

Time: Socializing will start at 11:00am, Eating, socializing 11:00 to Noon. Meeting starts at Noon, including: Welcome & Introductions, President Mick Brown; Secretary and Treasurer Reports; Updates from Ohio Division of Wildlife; Meet Planning for This Season, New Business

Who’s Invited: Everyone interested in Ohio falconry, licensed falconers, apprentices, and those interested in becoming an Ohio falconer. Cost: None, other than donation to cover slight picnic costs.

Why You Should Attend: Learn about other Ohio falconers’ activities, recent and pending new falconry laws and regulations, falconry raffle and display of equipment, etc., see perched falconry raptors. Feel free to bring birds, to be perched in lawn area.. (NO DOGS, please.) OFA Business Session.

What to Bring: Cameras, some money to participate in falconry raffle. OFA will have baked chicken (with donation) Bring a covered dish or dessert, your own beverage (no alcohol). We will provide paper plates, cups, silverware. Tables will be available in the shelter. Be ready to ask questions, learn from others. Brings birds and perches (not dogs). Bring equipment, photos, or books you’d like to display or sell.

What to Do: Bring $15 to renew or join OFA. Tell and invite others to come to the meeting. Participate in raffle. Lot’s of falconry items will be available.
For information, contact OFA President Mick Brown – 740-359-1341, mickeyboy9@comcast.net

NOTE: OFA will not provide food or drink at this meeting. OFA will provide plates, cups, and silverware.
POT LUCK (OFA will have baked chicken),
so bring covered dishes, desserts, etc.
No alcoholic beverages in the park.

Directions To Highbanks Metro Park (all of this is on attachment, with map):

From the North via Interstate 71
Exit on to SR 750, go west to US 23. Turn south on US 23. Highbanks is on west just south of SR 750 on US 23.

From the North via US 23
Cross US 750, Highbanks is on west just south of SR 750 on US 23..

From the South via Interstate 71
Proceed through Columbus on I-71. Exist at I-270 north of Columbus, proceed west on I-280. Take first exit, US 23, and go north. Highbanks will be on the left (west) a few miles north.

From the East via Interstate 70
Exit on to I-270 and go north. Exit I-270 at US 23 and go north. Highbanks will be on the left (west) a few miles north.

From the West via Interstate 70
Exit on to I-270 and go north. Exit I-270 at US 23 and go north. Highbanks will be on the left (west) a few miles north.