Thread: New Powermax double-beeping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Powermax double-beeping

I've got a relatively new Powermax that double-beeps with fresh batteries. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

Put the battery in upside down first, then pop it out and put it back in the right way.
    -Ryan

Take the battery out and turn the transmitter back on (yes really). It will beep a time or three before dying. Put battery back in and try it.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

As said above, the Powermax has a timer that acts as a backup to the voltage sensor.
    You reset this timer by shorting out the contacts, flipping the battery over and setting it in place for 5 or 10 seconds.
    Try that and let us know how you do.
    Justin Leyte

Great thread! I learned something new, I have never had it happen but if it does..
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Great thread! I learned something new.
    Me too!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Take the battery out and turn the transmitter back on (yes really). It will beep a time or three before dying. Put battery back in and try it.
    I'll be danged. It worked.

I did not put the battery in backwards - just took it out - turned it on and put the battery back in.

Now my question is: Why did it do this when I put in my lasts fresh batteries? Do you have to go thru the same motion every time you change batteries? And if so, why is that in the manual? I don't remember it.
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post

I did not put the battery in backwards - just took it out - turned it on and put the battery back in.

Now my question is: Why did it do this when I put in my lasts fresh batteries? Do you have to go thru the same motion every time you change batteries? And if so, why is that in the manual? I don't remember it.
    If I recall correctly Marshall does rec you do that every time you change batteries.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

I had same thing happen with micros used in Washington. the transmiter starts double beep due to amount of charge left in battery, or apollo mode due to the length of time left on and the battery is changed out but there is enough of charge left in a resister in transmiter (SP} that the tansmiter will not reset itself until the transmier is drained of this small charge by grounding out by reversing the battery or grounding with knife or other metal object or draining charge by turning unit off. I went through a lot of batteries thinking they were bad b4 calling marshall
    Bob Payne
    "So many hawks, so little time"

Dude, it isssssss in the manual! Big honking pinkinsh square - highlighted - can't miss me - I'm oh so important so READ ME text.
    Yes, do it everytime you change batteries and you'll have the safety that these features are meant to provide - letting you know when it REALLY is time to change your batteries. Just think of it as the reset button.

And to the other commenter, yes, the magnet is the best way to get the batteries out. I spent my 1st year with my Micro banging it against the corner of something to remove the battery until I discovered that the magnet will do the job. My 1st transmitter was that Micro, and I still have and use it daily, 5 seasons on.
    Justin Leyte

Quote Originally Posted by canadamanada View Post
    Dude, it isssssss in the manual! Big honking pinkinsh square - highlighted - can't miss me - I'm oh so important so READ ME tex
    I probably read it - then forgot it. It's an age thing. A week from now I'll be back here asking how to get it to stop double-beeping again. Be nice to an old guy and answer it again like it was the first time I asked.
    Keith Thompson

Thanks Justin for the confirmations.

I did not quite understand the thing about resetting: I know I can reset it by putting the battery backward, but this is what I don't understand:

Originally Posted by frootdog

How can I turn the transmitter on without the battery in it? By screwing on the lid, then using the magnet as usual?? I'm baffled.
    Audrey Marquis, Rouyn-Noranda, Canada

I've got a relatively new Powermax that double-beeps with fresh batteries. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
    Hello Keith-

The answers you've received so far from experienced users (above) are correct.

Here's how it's explained in the Owner's Manual that is sent out with each Transmitter, and is also found on the website, here.

There's a tiny bank of capacitors that retain a charge. It's one of the design elements that allows the transmitter to continue producing a strong signal even as the batteries discharge and get weaker.

Hopefully, that makes sense, as it's an important feature not found in designs from other manufacturers.

RB

Thread Information