Thread: OC Articles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also have a version of Layman's "Hawk Whisperer" article in Word format that he sent to me. I don't know what the copyright rules are for posting it.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    I also have a version of Layman's "Hawk Whisperer" article in Word format that he sent to me. I don't know what the copyright rules are for posting it.
    It should just be a question of asking Steve, but last I checked into it NAFA was insisting on giving their blessing first for items published in NAFA publications.

If I may take a moment for an off topic rant, the fact that NAFA does not pay for contributions to their publications in any fashion AND that they insist on takeing ownership of them is precisely why I have never submitted any material to them. If some NAFA board member were to effect change of that policy, I would gladly submit material. Either pay me for my work or let me keep ownership of it. Then again, I dont think NAFA's claim of ownership would ever stand up to a challenge against the original author.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
    It should just be a question of asking Steve, but last I checked into it NAFA was insisting on giving their blessing first for items published in NAFA publications.

If I may take a moment for an off topic rant, the fact that NAFA does not pay for contributions to their publications in any fashion AND that they insist on takeing ownership of them is precisely why I have never submitted any material to them. If some NAFA board member were to effect change of that policy, I would gladly submit material. Either pay me for my work or let me keep ownership of it. Then again, I dont think NAFA's claim of ownership would ever stand up to a challenge against the original author.
    That used to be so Geoff, but reading the last page in the latest HC Kenn Filkins has cleared the way by posting what the new bylaws read.

The NAFA copyrights cover the publications and uses submitted articles, stories, cartoons, photographs, and artwork on a one-time basis by permission. The ownership of the articles, stories, cartoons, photographs and artwork remains with the author/writer, photographer or artist. Permission to reprint a specific article, story, photo, cartoon or artwork is granted by the author/writer, photographer or artist.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    That used to be so Geoff, but reading the last page in the latest HC Kenn Filkins has cleared the way by posting what the new bylaws read.

The NAFA copyrights cover the publications and uses submitted articles, stories, cartoons, photographs, and artwork on a one-time basis by permission. The ownership of the articles, stories, cartoons, photographs and artwork remains with the author/writer, photographer or artist. Permission to reprint a specific article, story, photo, cartoon or artwork is granted by the author/writer, photographer or artist.
    Well in that case, let me break out my pen and get an article written for the journal...
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"

Just talked to Steve Layman and he doesn't remember the date of publication for the article "Passage to Imprint". What is the date for that and can I get a copy from someone?

Love what you are doing with the index! I look forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Rev View Post
    Just talked to Steve Layman and he doesn't remember the date of publication for the article "Passage to Imprint". What is the date for that and can I get a copy from someone?

Love what you are doing with the index! I look forward to seeing it.
    I have a photo copy of it at home - I'll try to remember to look it up. I could send it to you as a PDF, if I can remember.

Thanks Geoff. A PDF would be perfect.

Thread Information